CSNbbs
Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. (/thread-820290.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - SDHornet - 07-08-2017 05:53 PM

(07-04-2017 09:36 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 06:58 PM)billings Wrote:  Again talk to any recruiting coordinator and ask them if it helps recruiting to play in the area where you are recruiting. go ahead ask one. It is not a magic bullet but it helps and can be a tie breaker for some athletes.

This is just regurgitating the same strawman over and over and over ...

It has never been my argument that it can't help. It has only been my argument that such is NOT necessary to recruit a Calif player to Montana or other Big Sky schools. You're admitting as much ...

BSC MBB schedules just came out, yup, Montana's and WSU travelling to Sac again. 07-coffee3

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - Stugray2 - 07-08-2017 06:52 PM

Been told by a Weber State insider that Big Sky ADs are strongly in favor of a 20 game schedule next year when UND leaves. Considered the most equitable schedule (double round robin) and restores all rivalries. Big Sky appears to be fine with 11, plans to take advantage of that to give everyone an extra home game.

That's your replacement.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - SDHornet - 07-08-2017 06:55 PM

(07-08-2017 06:52 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Been told by a Weber State insider that Big Sky ADs are strongly in favor of a 20 game schedule next year when UND leaves. Considered the most equitable schedule (double round robin) and restores all rivalries. Big Sky appears to be fine with 11, plans to take advantage of that to give everyone an extra home game.

That's your replacement.

Not surprised given the need for home games by the BSC members.

Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - Jjoey52 - 07-08-2017 08:17 PM

(07-08-2017 05:53 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 06:58 PM)billings Wrote:  Again talk to any recruiting coordinator and ask them if it helps recruiting to play in the area where you are recruiting. go ahead ask one. It is not a magic bullet but it helps and can be a tie breaker for some athletes.

It has never been my argument that it can't help. It has only been my argument that such is NOT necessary to recruit a Calif player to Montana or other Big Sky schools. You're admitting as much ...

BSC MBB schedules just came out, yup, Montana's and WSU travelling to Sac again. 07-coffee3

They are really doing it to ISU. have to play at both UNC and UND on Jan. 13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - TexanMark - 07-08-2017 08:49 PM

(07-08-2017 06:55 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 06:52 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Been told by a Weber State insider that Big Sky ADs are strongly in favor of a 20 game schedule next year when UND leaves. Considered the most equitable schedule (double round robin) and restores all rivalries. Big Sky appears to be fine with 11, plans to take advantage of that to give everyone an extra home game.

That's your replacement.

When is Sac St. actually going to play Big Boy FB and BB? They should be in the MWC.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - SDHornet - 07-08-2017 08:51 PM

(07-08-2017 08:49 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

That's your replacement.

When is Sac St. actually going to play Big Boy FB and BB? They should be in the MWC.
Let's see where the chips fall when the P4 breaks away...until then we aren't going anywhere.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - TexanMark - 07-08-2017 09:06 PM

(07-08-2017 08:51 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 08:49 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

That's your replacement.

Let's see where the chips fall when the P4 breaks away...until then we aren't going anywhere.

I taught at Sac State from 89-92...I used to go to many of the Football games back then. Southern Utah, Humboldt St, Chico St, etc...

I lived out in Citrus Heights...just north of Sunrise Mall. Enjoyed my time there.

Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - Jjoey52 - 07-08-2017 10:13 PM

SAC has an adequate football stadium but there is no way they can make a positive move until some of the other venues are improved, particularly basketball.

I lived in Carmichael for several years and always felt Sac State was a sleeping giant that could at least do as well as Fresno State in football. A lot of the Sac kids end up at Fresno and other MW schools, and given the right circumstances could stay home.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - SDHornet - 07-08-2017 10:38 PM

(07-08-2017 10:13 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  SAC has an adequate football stadium but there is no way they can make a positive move until some of the other venues are improved, particularly basketball.

I lived in Carmichael for several years and always felt Sac State was a sleeping giant that could at least do as well as Fresno State in football. A lot of the Sac kids end up at Fresno and other MW schools, and given the right circumstances could stay home.

We'll have a new venue in the next 5 years. It's a top priority for the Pres and new AD.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - MplsBison - 07-09-2017 08:58 AM

(07-08-2017 05:53 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  Montana's and WSU travelling to Sac again.

Good to know you agree that Montana and WSU wouldn't change their recruiting strategies one bit if they played no games in Calif.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - billings - 07-09-2017 09:18 AM

(07-09-2017 08:58 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 05:53 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  Montana's and WSU travelling to Sac again.

Good to know you agree that Montana and WSU wouldn't change their recruiting strategies one bit if they played no games in Calif.

True but they would be a bit less successful in those efforts as you even you admitted

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - MplsBison - 07-09-2017 10:36 AM

(07-09-2017 09:18 AM)billings Wrote:  a bit less successful in those efforts as you even you admitted

I never admitted anything of the sort .... my entire argument, in exactness, has been the opposite of what you just claimed.

You have zero evidence to support such a claim, as well. Even your claimed conversation with a coach on recruiting doesn't prove anything.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - billings - 07-09-2017 10:44 AM

(07-09-2017 10:36 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 09:18 AM)billings Wrote:  a bit less successful in those efforts as you even you admitted

I never admitted anything of the sort .... my entire argument, in exactness, has been the opposite of what you just claimed.

You have zero evidence to support such a claim, as well. Even your claimed conversation with a coach on recruiting doesn't prove anything.

ROFL you keep flipping from thread to thread on that exact comment I made

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - billings - 07-09-2017 10:46 AM

Yep you never said it can't help thus admitting it does help. Again go talk to a recruiting coordinator at an FBS school and tell me what they say. Yes it is not necessary but it help. Go ask and not just keep spewing that it makes no difference. I asked a pro have you???

I think I will take the opinion of the guy who recruits for a living and a paycheck over yours.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - MplsBison - 07-09-2017 11:21 AM

"I'm not saying it can't help" is not at all the same as "it always helps". This is a simple fact of logic. For example, "I'm not saying you can't get bit by a lion in central park" is not at all the same thing as "you will always get bit by a lion in central park".

If the recruiting coordinator you talked to did not saying something to the effect of "it would be impossible for us to recruit California players without playing games in California", then you have no argument. Again, I did not claim that playing in California can't help in any way ... I claimed that they would still be able to recruit in California just as well. Which is completely true.

At this point, I doubt whatever I say will have any impact on your beliefs. You're either not capable of comprehending the logic of my argument (your last post seems to confirm this) and/or you're being willfully ignorant.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - SDHornet - 07-09-2017 04:57 PM

You're flailing on this issue MB. At least you finally came around to my point of there being value in playing in CA for recruiting. 04-cheers

It makes a difference, which is why the BSC isn't giving us a FB only deal any time soon.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - MplsBison - 07-10-2017 09:17 AM

(07-09-2017 04:57 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  At least you finally came around to my point of there being value in playing in CA for recruiting.

My point has always been, and remains to be, that Montana's would continue to recruit CA, and get the exact same CA players, if they didn't play any games in CA.

Playing games in CA is like the 40th or 50th most important factor, for those players from CA who are choosing Montana's.

My point has never been that playing in CA can never help in any way.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - SactoHornetAlum - 07-10-2017 09:57 AM

(07-10-2017 09:17 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 04:57 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  At least you finally came around to my point of there being value in playing in CA for recruiting.

My point has always been, and remains to be, that Montana's would continue to recruit CA, and get the exact same CA players, if they didn't play any games in CA.

Playing games in CA is like the 40th or 50th most important factor, for those players from CA who are choosing Montana's.

My point has never been that playing in CA can never help in any way.

Actually it does. I believe California has the 2nd most alumni from UM (told to me by a UM alum who is always at Hornet Stadium and The Nest when the Griz are in town). So once again, you're making an assumption that its not very important. I'll counter, it is to UM.

Man that lack of sun throughout most of the year in ND/MN must do a number on your brain cells! 04-chairshot

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - MplsBison - 07-10-2017 10:03 AM

(07-10-2017 09:57 AM)SactoHornetAlum Wrote:  So once again, you're making an assumption that its not very important. I'll counter, it is to UM.

It gets tiresome when people continually misunderstand the very clear point I've made. Makes me wonder if you're just being obtuse, on purpose?

Again --- I've never said, have yet to say, that playing in Calif can never have any benefit for Montana's recruiting efforts of Calif players. I've only ever said that if Montana's didn't play any games in Calif, they'd still succeed in getting the Calif players they wanted.

RE: Who should the Big Sky try to get for twelve. - dbackjon - 07-10-2017 10:22 AM

(07-10-2017 10:03 AM)MplsBison Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 09:57 AM)SactoHornetAlum Wrote:  So once again, you're making an assumption that its not very important. I'll counter, it is to UM.

It gets tiresome when people continually misunderstand the very clear point I've made. Makes me wonder if you're just being obtuse, on purpose?

Again --- I've never said, have yet to say, that playing in Calif can never have any benefit for Montana's recruiting efforts of Calif players. I've only ever said that if Montana's didn't play any games in Calif, they'd still succeed in getting the Calif players they wanted.

No it gets tiresome is when you make up the same point in the thread after thread after thread after thread after threat after threat after threat after threat after threat

When multiple people give you empirical data that you were wrong on just about everything you still make your same wrong assumptions and tell everybody that you are you're the one that knows anything in threat after threat after threat after threat after threat after threat after threat after threat after threat