CSNbbs
Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... (/thread-820164.html)

Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - michaelf - 06-15-2017 11:47 AM

Cheat....

Jim Boeheim
Jim Calhoun
Larry Brown
Rick Pitino

All Hall of Famers. All suspended from coaching games by the NCAA this past decade.

Footnote: John Calipari never suspended from coaching games despite coaching at 2 schools with vacated Final Fours'

RE: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - NigelTufnel - 06-15-2017 12:36 PM

I thought you were going to say "Play Ga Tech" b/c we all know that every coach that coached against Josh was Hall of Fame caliber!

RE: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - NigelTufnel - 06-15-2017 12:37 PM

And 5 games for Pitino? What a joke ...

RE: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - Tiger87 - 06-15-2017 03:12 PM

No love for Ol' Roy?

RE: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - Stammers - 06-15-2017 03:18 PM

(06-15-2017 11:47 AM)michaelf Wrote:  Cheat....

Jim Boeheim
Jim Calhoun
Larry Brown
Rick Pitino

All Hall of Famers. All suspended from coaching games by the NCAA this past decade.

Footnote: John Calipari never suspended from coaching games despite coaching at 2 schools with vacated Final Fours'

Retire after he left Kentucky.

RE: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - bcspiker - 06-15-2017 04:46 PM

(06-15-2017 12:36 PM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  I thought you were going to say "Play Ga Tech" b/c we all know that every coach that coached against Josh was Hall of Fame caliber!
He already played and beat Josh so got that covered already. I'm sure if we went back to the postgame interview, Josh has already confirmed Tubby's HOF status along with being a "good friend".

Sent from my LG-H811 using CSNbbs mobile app

Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - DALLAS TIGER 78 - 06-15-2017 05:32 PM

(06-15-2017 03:12 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  No love for Ol' Roy?

Ole Roy and ole Rick are two ingredients in the same excrement sandwich; one looks like a dignified college professor, the other like a south Chicago gigolo. That coaching philosophy,
"The ends justify the means", will never end until the punishment is great enough to make the cheat not worth the risk.

RE: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - Stammers - 06-16-2017 08:10 AM

(06-15-2017 04:46 PM)bcspiker Wrote:  
(06-15-2017 12:36 PM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  I thought you were going to say "Play Ga Tech" b/c we all know that every coach that coached against Josh was Hall of Fame caliber!
He already played and beat Josh so got that covered already. I'm sure if we went back to the postgame interview, Josh has already confirmed Tubby's HOF status along with being a "good friend".

Sent from my LG-H811 using CSNbbs mobile app

Or instead of living in the past, you could look at all of last year with Pastner being AAC COY and Tubby losing 6 out of 7 and getting blown out by 71 to end the season and running off 75% of the roster.

I don't remember Pastner doing that here, do you?

Speaking of fun interviews involving Tubby and Memphis; this is my favourite.

Quote:"There are no excuses but we were tired," Smith said. "We'll get better. We have a lot of things to do to get better."

Memphis 80 - Kentucky 63

Or we can look at the last 10 years; 4 NCAA appearances and 1 NCAA win.

RE: Tubby Smith final piece to getting in the Hall of Fame... - Tiger57 - 06-16-2017 12:16 PM

(06-15-2017 05:32 PM)DALLAS TIGER 78 Wrote:  
(06-15-2017 03:12 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  No love for Ol' Roy?

Ole Roy and ole Rick are two ingredients in the same excrement sandwich; one looks like a dignified college professor, the other like a south Chicago gigolo. That coaching philosophy,
"The ends justify the means", will never end until the punishment is great enough to make the cheat not worth the risk.

I'm afraid it's only going to get worse.