CSNbbs
about me - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Proving Grounds (/forum-768.html)
+--- Forum: BigEastbbs (/forum-771.html)
+---- Forum: Big East Conference Talk (/forum-772.html)
+---- Thread: about me (/thread-819513.html)

about me - stever20 - 06-06-2017 11:00 AM

So did it on other board:
Went to Alabama for a year but then came back to NOVA. Graduated from there- then got a job.

Graduated HS in 89- had season tickets my senior year in HS to Georgetown. The year with Mourning and Mutumbo both as frosh. Had a friend whose dad worked at Georgetown. HS year had to do a research project for government class, and managed to do it on Prop 48. He helped me with a lot of info...

Don't have any kids, but coach with a girls basketball program- have done so for about 15 years now. Had like 13 games this weekend. Started with girls basketball back when I was in high school. Was in a computer class, got caught playing a game in there, and the teacher(good old Mr Windt) had me help the girls coach with the stats that they had. Went to a game over the holidays and fell in love with the girls game. Did their stats for a while after that- until I started coaching.

Used to be a huge sports fan- but now it's really just basketball and baseball(for those on the CSN board, go to the pro sports thread and look at the 2017 MLB thread- of the 616 posts there, I have 216- 2 others are right around 200- Billyjack if you like baseball- and I'm assuming you like Red Sox baseball- you should come post there some- you'll love the banter we have). Football to some degree as well, but I'm always coaching basketball on weekends so don't get to watch as much as I used to.

I'm FAR more of a general college fan than I am of just 1 conference. I'm more of a numbers guy than I am an emotional guy(I know you guys are just shocked there). When I was pressed on the CSN board years ago who I was a fan of, I chose Georgetown because of my younger days, and also the fact that I never really liked ACC basketball(Maryland/Virginia).

AS far as the AAC- I feel like they are a lot closer than you think. I think while the BE has been greater than the sum of their parts, the AAC has dramatically underachieved. Eventually I think that evens out for them. I think the AAC getting Wichita is far bigger than folks here want to give credit for. I think we're going to see how much the round robin changes things(or lack thereof).

Any other questions?

RE: about me - GoldenWarrior11 - 06-06-2017 07:21 PM

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: about me - gosports1 - 06-11-2017 02:22 PM

if you were a tree, what kind would you be? 05-stirthepot