CSNbbs
Dwight Coleby? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Dwight Coleby? (/thread-819375.html)

Dwight Coleby? - Hilltopper2K - 06-05-2017 05:26 AM

I heard that Dwight Coleby, the graduate transfer from Kansas, visited Little Rock this weekend. Any word on how that went?

RE: Dwight Coleby? - mjs - 06-05-2017 10:12 AM

(06-05-2017 05:26 AM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  I heard that Dwight Coleby, the graduate transfer from Kansas, visited Little Rock this weekend. Any word on how that went?

Don't know anything about it, but here is an article that still list WKU as the favorite;

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/6/1/15722948/little-rock-ulm-competing-kansas-graduate-transfer-dwight-coleby-western-kentucky-monroe-stansbury

RE: Dwight Coleby? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-05-2017 12:08 PM

Very interesting. Doesn't sound like he is a world-beater, but anyone Kansas would even look at would be a plus for us.

RE: Dwight Coleby? - mjs - 06-05-2017 02:54 PM

(06-05-2017 12:08 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Very interesting. Doesn't sound like he is a world-beater, but anyone Kansas would even look at would be a plus for us.

You can be pretty darn good and sit on the bench at Kansas. Does make me wonder, who among our early signees will not be eligible.

RE: Dwight Coleby? - Arrowhead - 06-06-2017 01:02 PM

(06-05-2017 02:54 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 12:08 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Very interesting. Doesn't sound like he is a world-beater, but anyone Kansas would even look at would be a plus for us.

You can be pretty darn good and sit on the bench at Kansas. Does make me wonder, who among our early signees will not be eligible.

I have been told ULM is the front runner, as he is very good friends with Travis Munnings that is also rom the Bahamas and plays for ULM. I think he is actually living with Munnings in Monroe this summer, but I'm not positive about that. I would think that would give us an advantage, but I hear the Bahamian players have "handler" that makes these decisions for them, so who knows?

RE: Dwight Coleby? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 06-06-2017 07:41 PM

It looks like the odds are against us, but it is nice even to be in the hunt for a Kansas transfer.

RE: Dwight Coleby? - Arrowhead - 06-07-2017 09:56 PM

WKU will be tough to beat out, but I also forgot that not only is a Travis Munnings from the Bahamas, but so is another ULM player and Prince Cooper, a former player and grad assistant. Also, at WKU he may not play that much within the big men they have and at ULM or UALR he would be a star. Fingers crossed!

RE: Dwight Coleby? - Hilltopper2K - 06-11-2017 08:11 PM

Ultimately it was the fact that we are playing in the Battle for Atlantis in Nassau this fall that decided it. Free trip home for Coleby.

So Arrowhead... what do you make of the folks saying that ULM does not have any non-conference football games scheduled after 2019? Is there anything to that?