CSNbbs
Roku now has Liberty Channel - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Roku now has Liberty Channel (/thread-817867.html)

Roku now has Liberty Channel - NewTimes - 05-15-2017 07:28 PM

As a cord cutter who uses the Roku, I checked yesterday for new streaming channels. And there was the Liberty Channel. This is going to be great watching games broadcast by LU on a high def TV as in the past I watched on my laptop. There are millions of homes that stream as reported on May 9, 2017 from Chicago TV station, WTTW at: http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2017/05/09/changing-face-television:

“Today, just over 23% of TV homes own a digital streaming device such as an Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast or Roku, up from 19% in June 2016,” the Nielsen report said. “Enabled smart TVs function like multimedia devices that are built into the television sets, and they can be found in 29% of all U.S. TV homes, up from 22% in January 2016."

This is great news for watching LU sports online.

Roku now has Liberty Channel - army56mike - 05-16-2017 06:12 PM

Great news! Expanding the brand!

RE: Roku now has Liberty Channel - LUgrad2000 - 05-17-2017 03:41 PM

I checked the Roku website and the Liberty Channel is on their list of channels. So how many people have a Roku in the U.S.? I know a lot of new TV's come with it already. Technically, the LFSN is available worldwide. I assume we will televise all of our home games.

RE: Roku now has Liberty Channel - GE and MTS - 05-17-2017 08:38 PM

This is great exposure for Liberty! This, along with being on ESPN 3, really cuts into the detractors who claim we have no coverage with our network.

RE: Roku now has Liberty Channel - msm96wolf - 05-17-2017 10:22 PM

Any chance for the fire stick?

RE: Roku now has Liberty Channel - SlyFox - 05-17-2017 10:51 PM

Not there yet. I would assume that we are developing the app.

RE: Roku now has Liberty Channel - NewTimes - 05-18-2017 08:06 AM

And on another not, the Big South Conference also recently added a Roku app. That adds even more LU games when and if agreements don't allow games that conflict with LFSN.

Sent from my VS987 using CSNbbs mobile app