CSNbbs
Obamacare's collapse - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Obamacare's collapse (/thread-817710.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Obamacare's collapse - bullet - 05-13-2017 09:41 AM

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/walls-fall-in-on-obamacare/article/2622868

...Further proof of that arrived Thursday when Aetna said it would quit Obamacare in the last four states where it has been participating. Other insurers are abandoning the law's insurance exchanges or requesting eye-popping premium increases for next year. These facts demolish Democrats' insistence that the law is working just fine....

As a result, Carefirst, which had long served the mid-Atlantic region before Obamacare, has lost a cumulative $600 million on its plans. Aetna has lost $700 million. UnitedHealth lost more than $1 billion before quitting nearly all of Obamacare's state exchanges. And Anthem, which lost money on Obamacare last year despite doing better than most other insurers, has signaled deep concern about the future with its requests for large premium increases, and its threat in late March (not carried out) to quit all of the exchanges in 2018....

Republicans have an obligation to do something to save the individual insurance market, upon which many people depend. They cannot afford to leave consumers at the mercy of a system that is falling apart, and they will be judged harshly if they do.

[including the last sentence for those who think the Republicans do nothing and can blame the failure on the Democrats]

RE: Obamacare's collapse - stinkfist - 05-13-2017 09:47 AM

the subsidized dippos don't have a dog in this hunt.....they have no clue at this table....those spoiled brats deserve every bit of the fallout from what is going to commence....

welcome to the real.....

RE: Obamacare's collapse - LeFlâneur - 05-13-2017 09:48 AM

(05-13-2017 09:41 AM)bullet Wrote:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/walls-fall-in-on-obamacare/article/2622868

...Further proof of that arrived Thursday when Aetna said it would quit Obamacare in the last four states where it has been participating. Other insurers are abandoning the law's insurance exchanges or requesting eye-popping premium increases for next year. These facts demolish Democrats' insistence that the law is working just fine....

As a result, Carefirst, which had long served the mid-Atlantic region before Obamacare, has lost a cumulative $600 million on its plans. Aetna has lost $700 million. UnitedHealth lost more than $1 billion before quitting nearly all of Obamacare's state exchanges. And Anthem, which lost money on Obamacare last year despite doing better than most other insurers, has signaled deep concern about the future with its requests for large premium increases, and its threat in late March (not carried out) to quit all of the exchanges in 2018....

Republicans have an obligation to do something to save the individual insurance market, upon which many people depend. They cannot afford to leave consumers at the mercy of a system that is falling apart, and they will be judged harshly if they do.

[including the last sentence for those who think the Republicans do nothing and can blame the failure on the Democrats]

When the Democrats created this mess, it was with their private understanding that it would fail and then they would have an open lane for single payer.

But what has also failed is the Democratic dream of a Hillarian presidency.

Nonetheless, Republicans are now expected to fix the un-fixable; to save the un-saveable; to correct the un-correctable.

No matter how hard you try, you can't put lipstick on this pig.

Out with the baby.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - Ohio Poly - 05-13-2017 01:49 PM

Republicans are now the proud owners of a failing health care system in the USA. Most of them are now afraid to face their constituents. I expect a lot more "not seeking re-election" announcements this year, following on the heels of Jason Chaffetz.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - UofMstateU - 05-13-2017 01:52 PM

(05-13-2017 01:49 PM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  Republicans are now the proud owners of a failing health care system in the USA. Most of them are now afraid to face their constituents. I expect a lot more "not seeking re-election" announcements this year, following on the heels of Jason Chaffetz.

Nope.

Until the republicans get something passed, the health care debacle is 100% owned by the libturds.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - Hood-rich - 05-13-2017 01:55 PM

(05-13-2017 09:41 AM)bullet Wrote:  . They cannot afford to leave consumers at the mercy of a system that is falling apart, and they will be judged harshly if they do.[/i]

none of that will matter if they don't fix it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Obamacare's collapse - bullet - 05-13-2017 03:34 PM

(05-13-2017 01:55 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 09:41 AM)bullet Wrote:  . They cannot afford to leave consumers at the mercy of a system that is falling apart, and they will be judged harshly if they do.[/i]

Republicans have been given the keys-presidency, senate, house. They need to figure out how to get their act together and fix the mess. Doing nothing means they have by default become the owners of Obamacare.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - stinkfist - 05-13-2017 03:35 PM

(05-13-2017 03:34 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Republicans have been given the keys-presidency, senate, house. They need to figure out how to get their act together and fix the mess. Doing nothing means they have by default become the owners of Obamacare.

no questioning that one....

RE: Obamacare's collapse - shere khan - 05-13-2017 04:26 PM

(05-13-2017 03:34 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Now that the house moved it to the senate, the senate is gonna let obamacare go over the cliff.

Americans are gonna be beggin them to fix it.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - solohawks - 05-13-2017 05:12 PM

It's incredibly sad this awful piece of legislations is still harming a good number of American families

RE: Obamacare's collapse - bullet - 05-13-2017 05:26 PM

What should be done is just repeal it lock, stock and barrel. Then have the Senate Republicans and Senate Democrats get together and do a bi-partisan plan for something so significant. But I don't believe the Democrats would cooperate. There's nothing in their behavior since November that makes me believe they would.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - Owl 69/70/75 - 05-13-2017 05:27 PM

(05-13-2017 05:26 PM)bullet Wrote:  What should be done is just repeal it lock, stock and barrel. Then have the Senate Republicans and Senate Democrats get together and do a bi-partisan plan for something so significant. But I don't believe the Democrats would cooperate. There's nothing in their behavior since November that makes me believe they would.

November of what year?

RE: Obamacare's collapse - shere khan - 05-13-2017 05:31 PM

(05-13-2017 05:27 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(05-13-2017 05:26 PM)bullet Wrote:  What should be done is just repeal it lock, stock and barrel. Then have the Senate Republicans and Senate Democrats get together and do a bi-partisan plan for something so significant. But I don't believe the Democrats would cooperate. There's nothing in their behavior since November that makes me believe they would.

November of what year?
1989 lol

RE: Obamacare's collapse - b0ndsj0ns - 05-13-2017 07:45 PM

I wouldn't limit that to the dems what makes you think the GOP wants to either?

RE: Obamacare's collapse - bullet - 05-13-2017 10:17 PM

(05-13-2017 07:45 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

I wouldn't limit that to the dems what makes you think the GOP wants to either?

The filibuster would be totally gone, but its not.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - MplsBison - 05-14-2017 04:24 PM

If private industry refuse to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare insurance products to the individual market in a particular state, then the federal government should just pay for the state to extend public programs in that state to the people in that market.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - Kaplony - 05-14-2017 04:28 PM

(05-14-2017 04:24 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  If private industry refuse to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare insurance products to the individual market in a particular state, then the federal government should just pay for the state to extend public programs in that state to the people in that market.

The Constitution doesn't give the federal government that mission.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - MplsBison - 05-14-2017 04:55 PM

Already doing it with Medicaid, so obviously it would be legal and valid.

And to be clear, I'm talking -- ideally -- about state run programs. For example, in Minnesota the state runs "MinnesotaCare", from state taxes. It's the same idea as Medicaid, just extending the thresholds a bit, for those who need help but don't qualify for Medicaid.

So, the feds would pay the MN DHS to expand MinnesotaCare and make it available for the individual market in Minnesota, should all private companies pull out of the Minnesota exchange.

If conservative states either did not have state programs or purposefully killed them to scorch the earth, then you'd have to look at out and out Medicaid expansion in those states.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - Claw - 05-14-2017 07:43 PM

Just repeal it.

RE: Obamacare's collapse - dfarr - 05-14-2017 10:25 PM

(05-14-2017 04:55 PM)MplsBison Wrote:  Already doing it with Medicaid, so obviously it would be legal and valid.

And to be clear, I'm talking -- ideally -- about state run programs. For example, in Minnesota the state runs "MinnesotaCare", from state taxes. It's the same idea as Medicaid, just extending the thresholds a bit, for those who need help but don't qualify for Medicaid.

So, the feds would pay the MN DHS to expand MinnesotaCare and make it available for the individual market in Minnesota, should all private companies pull out of the Minnesota exchange.

If conservative states either did not have state programs or purposefully killed them to scorch the earth, then you'd have to look at out and out Medicaid expansion in those states.

And then it won't matter because few doctors accept Medicaid because they get paid crap for it.