CSNbbs
Javien Williams is transferring - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Javien Williams is transferring (/thread-817500.html)

Javien Williams is transferring - Blazing Saddles - 05-10-2017 03:40 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/05/javien_williams_uab.html

Two scholarships available now

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - jaymay2525 - 05-10-2017 03:46 PM

That sucks....kid has very high ceiling. Any reason why?

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - jthrashr - 05-10-2017 03:47 PM

Interesting. Jon Rothstein just tweeted we picked up a transfer—Jaleel Hogan from Detroit. He sits this year, then has one year left of eligibility. Hogan is a 6-6 forward who has taken zero threes in three season of college basketball. I guess he's a Rod Rucker type.

I really thought Javien could turn into a good player for us, but he was going to have a lot of competition next year. Realistically, he was probably going to be behind Norton, Perry, Darling, and Bryant. However, I thought the potential was there for JD to really progress, too.

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - LairDweller - 05-10-2017 04:07 PM

(05-10-2017 03:47 PM)jthrashr Wrote:  Interesting. Jon Rothstein just tweeted we picked up a transfer—Jaleel Hogan from Detroit. He sits this year, then has one year left of eligibility. Hogan is a 6-6 forward who has taken zero threes in three season of college basketball. I guess he's a Rod Rucker type.

I really thought Javien could turn into a good player for us, but he was going to have a lot of competition next year. Realistically, he was probably going to be behind Norton, Perry, Darling, and Bryant. However, I thought the potential was there for JD to really progress, too.

Hogan is listed elsewhere at 6-7 260lbs. Looks more like an undersized (in regards to height) banging big body

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - hooverblazer - 05-10-2017 04:19 PM

(05-10-2017 03:47 PM)jthrashr Wrote:  Interesting. Jon Rothstein just tweeted we picked up a transfer—Jaleel Hogan from Detroit. He sits this year, then has one year left of eligibility. Hogan is a 6-6 forward who has taken zero threes in three season of college basketball. I guess he's a Rod Rucker type.

Tremendous athlete, but he was going to be further down the depth chart. Regardless of how well he could drive the ball, it's hard to see much floor time with shooting percentages that low.

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - jthrashr - 05-10-2017 04:41 PM

(05-10-2017 04:07 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  

Hogan is listed elsewhere at 6-7 260lbs. Looks more like an undersized (in regards to height) banging big body

The one clip I've seen, he looks like a shorter Ken Cooper. The redshirt year should allow him to work on strength and conditioning, plus Haha and Cokley have someone to compete with in practice.

Hopefully, we still find an immediately eligible post player, or I'd settle for an elite perimeter defender or shooter.

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - BlazerPhil - 05-10-2017 09:55 PM

(05-10-2017 03:40 PM)Blazing Saddles Wrote:  http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/05/javien_williams_uab.html

Two scholarships available now

Damn, Javien was our best slasher. He'd excel in our hopefully wide open offense next season.

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - blazerball25 - 05-11-2017 08:08 AM

I'm guessing he was not a fan of the Jalen Perry pickup

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - blzrclub80 - 05-11-2017 08:47 AM

Is he the one that fouled out 11 games last season?

Javien Williams is transferring - Blazing Saddles - 05-11-2017 08:48 AM

(05-11-2017 08:47 AM)blzrclub80 Wrote:  

Yes

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - Jball - 05-11-2017 08:56 AM

(05-11-2017 08:48 AM)Blazing Saddles Wrote:  

Yes

His stats are based on playing 27 minutes a game. So if we can keep him out of foul trouble....

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - BlazerMatt - 05-11-2017 09:37 AM

Really sick about Javien transferring. Shooting is something that can be improved upon through time and reps, but you cant teach his level of athleticism. Even if he never becomes a 3 point threat he has the makings of a lock-down defender and is going to make whatever team he goes to better.

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - Blazing Saddles - 05-11-2017 09:58 AM

(05-11-2017 08:56 AM)Jball Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 08:48 AM)Blazing Saddles Wrote:  

Yes

His stats are based on playing 27 minutes a game. So if we can keep him out of foul trouble....

He sounds aggressive on both ends of the floor. Larger version of Tyler Madison

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - jaymay2525 - 05-11-2017 10:16 AM

Was there more to this story than just playing time? Just trying to understand the decision as his skill set, and ability to play multiple roles was still needed. Darling can shoot lights out, but he can't play D. Was this him wanting to be the star of a team and not a role player in the next few years?

RE: Javien Williams is transferring - UABslant - 05-11-2017 11:06 AM

When we find out where he lands, we'll know more about why he transferred.