CSNbbs
Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Pascal and Coward go undrafted (/thread-816699.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - CUSAmonarchman - 04-30-2017 11:55 AM

2 players drafted from WEST GEORGIA...2!!

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - USBARNES76 - 04-30-2017 02:26 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804999/article/top-undrafted-free-agents-following-the-2017-nfl-draft

helps relieve the sting a bit.........

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Old Dominion - 04-30-2017 02:52 PM

(04-30-2017 02:26 PM)USBARNES76 Wrote:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804999/article/top-undrafted-free-agents-following-the-2017-nfl-draft

helps relieve the sting a bit.........

How? This list doesn't even show our guys having signed!! it's even been updated today and it's wrong. O K I'm a little sensitive and feel our program is slighted, but come on get it right!

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Mr.BigBlue - 04-30-2017 04:55 PM

All about recruiting and with our classes being consistently in the bottom half of CUSA we are not going to see players drafted. Wilder and staff must step up recruiting. We go to a bowl and win, have new facilities, and our class is now rated 12th in CUSA. That will not get it done.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Gilesfan - 04-30-2017 05:43 PM

(04-30-2017 04:55 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  All about recruiting and with our classes being consistently in the bottom half of CUSA we are not going to see players drafted. Wilder and staff must step up recruiting. We go to a bowl and win, have new facilities, and our class is now rated 12th in CUSA. That will not get it done.

The guy from Charlotte was 0 stars, right?

People really pay too much attention to recruiting rankings. They can have that while we rack up wins.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Mr.BigBlue - 04-30-2017 07:08 PM

(04-30-2017 05:43 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 04:55 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  All about recruiting and with our classes being consistently in the bottom half of CUSA we are not going to see players drafted. Wilder and staff must step up recruiting. We go to a bowl and win, have new facilities, and our class is now rated 12th in CUSA. That will not get it done.

The guy from Charlotte was 0 stars, right?

People really pay too much attention to recruiting rankings. They can have that while we rack up wins.

Typical excuse.....Stars do make a difference! VT has made a living on getting TRUE 3* recruits and they do translate into drafted pro players.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Gilesfan - 04-30-2017 07:24 PM

these recruiting rankings do not watch guys outside of the P5. If you want to rely on them, sobeit. I will take wins in the real season over who won recruiting rankings. Look at our players and there rankings; that will tell you how muxh it means at this level.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - CalODUFan - 04-30-2017 09:03 PM

Some love for Zach Pascal:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2017-nfl-draft-one-undrafted-free-agent-who-will-make-each-team-s-53-man-roster-043017

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Mr.BigBlue - 04-30-2017 09:06 PM

(04-30-2017 07:24 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  these recruiting rankings do not watch guys outside of the P5. If you want to rely on them, sobeit. I will take wins in the real season over who won recruiting rankings. Look at our players and there rankings; that will tell you how muxh it means at this level.

Wins over nobody of any relevance. Ass whopped against NC state, App State, amd WKU. Frankly I am not impressed by wins against teams that were essentially horrible teams. Those are games we should win. After 3-4 years at FBS we should at least be competitive against upper G5 and low level P5 teams, but we are not close.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - CameramanJ - 04-30-2017 09:09 PM

ZP and Rashaad Coward will stick where they land, I have a feeling. ZP is sturdy and steady, something the 'skins need now and forever. Rashaad is a tough dude with the size and quickness to at least make the practice squad. These fellas will be making us proud in due time

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Gilesfan - 05-01-2017 06:59 AM

The Skins know how to develop WRs but he has a tough job as they have a ton of WRs hes going to compete with. I hope he sticks, but could see him doing well and another team scooping him up. Numbers game.

Coward should def stick; even if he has to go on practice squad.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - odufansam - 05-01-2017 07:20 AM

Pascal had a slim shot. The scouts that had him going between Rounds 4 - 6 were way off base. There was a good run of small, shifty receivers which basically killed his chances.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Gilesfan - 05-01-2017 08:25 AM

This was also one of the deepest draft classes in a long time. Other years, they may both be drafted.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - SettleDownFolks - 05-01-2017 12:17 PM

[quote='Gilesfan' pid='14305580' dateline='1493639963']
The Skins know how to develop WRs but he has a tough job as they have a ton of WRs hes going to compete with. I hope he sticks, but could see him doing well and another team scooping him up. Numbers game.

Do you think the Skins were the first to offer and he jumped on it or that his agent thought it was the best fit for him?

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Old Dominion - 05-01-2017 12:23 PM

I expect Lawry to be drafted. Before next years draft I will start a discussion about his prospects. It seems "standing out in some way is necessary, so listing his achievements compared to other running backs will be a key ingredient. I think his measurables are comparable to many RB's drafted this year, so let's see what sets him apart.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - 12thmonarch - 05-01-2017 12:41 PM

Looks like Anthony Wilson will be attending 49ers mini camp.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - Gilesfan - 05-01-2017 01:21 PM

(05-01-2017 12:17 PM)SettleDownFolks Wrote:  [quote='Gilesfan' pid='14305580' dateline='1493639963']

Do you think the Skins were the first to offer and he jumped on it or that his agent thought it was the best fit for him?

Best fit. There were over a dozen teams after him.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - ODU_NYG - 05-01-2017 01:25 PM

(05-01-2017 12:17 PM)SettleDownFolks Wrote:  [quote='Gilesfan' pid='14305580' dateline='1493639963']

They were either the first to offer or made the best offer. His agent was the one doing all of that leg work. Zach just had the final say.

I hope he gets cut in training camp, but immediately gets picked up by a more worthy team and thrives.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - odu09 - 05-01-2017 01:31 PM

(05-01-2017 01:25 PM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  

They were either the first to offer or made the best offer. His agent was the one doing all of that leg work. Zach just had the final say.

I hope he gets cut in training camp, but immediately gets picked up by a more worthy team and thrives.

It's interesting to watch the draft Round 7 as intently as I was. That was a new feeling. Another new feeling was just the hope one of the guys gets drafted, regardless of team. I was even rooting for them when it was the cowboy's selection... crazy.

RE: Pascal and Coward go undrafted - CalODUFan - 05-01-2017 01:35 PM

(05-01-2017 07:20 AM)odufansam Wrote:  Pascal had a slim shot. The scouts that had him going between Rounds 4 - 6 were way off base. There was a good run of small, shifty receivers which basically killed his chances.

Scouts tell about 300 guys they will be a late round pick and for most it doesn't happen. They like to tell kids what they want to hear and keep kids on the hook. I have been through this numerous times. Unless a player is consistently rated by the draft services as a 4th round pick or higher, there is no assurance he will be drafted. When you are listed as a late round pick or priority free agent, there is probably about a 10% chance you will be drafted. 9 C-USA draft picks was a good number, including 3 WRs better than Pascal. I hope Pascal and his agent chose wisely with the Redskins.