CSNbbs
Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. (/thread-816441.html)

Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - msm96wolf - 04-26-2017 09:05 AM

I know NCSU wants to play in Virginia area and I think other ACC teams would be willing to do. In what I think would be good and I think the NCAA allows for this.

A proposed 4 for 2 spread out over 2-3 yeas.

4 games at P5
1 game at Liberty
1 game that counts as Liberty home game played at Virginia Beach Sportsplex.

Apparently it can accommodate 17K. NCSU would love it for recruiting and Liberty gets to taunt ODU. I would not be shocked if you could get other ACC Atlantic Division interested. Probably could get Syc, Wake and BC 2-2 games. I imagine Liberty will want to recruit the Tidewater as well. Seems like a win/win scenario. I don't know VA stadiums but seems like if successful, could move to larger venues if they exist. Just a thought.

Not looking at what is scheduled just an example

2020 @ NCSU
2022 @ Liberty
2024 @NCSU
2025 @ VB (Home for Liberty)
2027 @NCSU
2030 @ NCSU

RE: Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - SlyFox - 04-26-2017 10:22 AM

I get the strong impression that we may already have a shorter deal with the Wolfpack that has yet to be announced.

RE: Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - msm96wolf - 04-26-2017 10:59 AM

Cool, I do hope the ACC teams works with you all. I am rooting for Liberty to be successful as an independent. I would like to see other schools who want to try FBS get a chance. I am that exception that thinks the market should not be limited by open to expand.

RE: Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - Jacolby757 - 04-26-2017 11:51 AM

LUs stadium is larger than the VB complex.

Sent from my Pixel XL using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - NewTimes - 04-26-2017 02:01 PM

Thinking outside the box is wise as LU schedules it FB games. Pay for play games, nearby "neutral sites" that could count as home games (correct me if I am wrong), 2 for 1s, 3 for 2s, H & H, whatever works to meet the initial requirement. I give the LU admins credit in that they are indy in more than one in in just their scheduling. I may be optimistic but I believe the JMU board is going to apocalyptic once our schedule comes out and ours is compared to theirs.

RE: Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - msm96wolf - 04-27-2017 09:26 AM

(04-26-2017 11:51 AM)Jacolby757 Wrote:  LUs stadium is larger than the VB complex.

Sent from my Pixel XL using CSNbbs mobile app

I undertand, however, the Tidewater area is a huge place that NCSU and a bunch of other ACC schools want to recruit. It is a win/win for both schools. I don't know if there are larger stadiums in the area but thought that would be an idea to get in ODU backyard since they are really the VA G5 rival.

Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - army56mike - 04-27-2017 05:10 PM

I think that if P5 schools come to play Liberty it really won't make a difference where they play. There will still be exposure in the Tidewater area through broadcast/news outlets.

I don't think there is an appropriate venue to warrant a move from The Bill. If there were a 40,000 seat stadium in Williamsburg/Newport News/Hampton/Norfolk/Va. Beach it may be worth a look. But such a place does not exist.

RE: Curios what you all think about this Proposal while getting P5 teams. - GE and MTS - 05-06-2017 08:34 AM

A 4-1-1 would really suck for Liberty. LU needs to get the big time programs on campus so that the fans will show up to Liberty and watch Liberty and playing 25% of games on-campus does not accomplish that.

I don't think Liberty has a problem recruiting the Tidewater area and I think LU has a more national recruiting base anyway which is reflected by the Texas and Florida recruits we signed this February.