CSNbbs
Congrats on your first FBS H/H - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Congrats on your first FBS H/H (/thread-813871.html)

Pages: 1 2

Congrats on your first FBS H/H - msm96wolf - 03-29-2017 08:01 PM

New Mexico has announced. http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/03/new-mexico-liberty-hbu-texas-am-ucla-future-schedules/

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - GE and MTS - 03-29-2017 08:30 PM

Sweet! I'm excited to play a Mountain West team and am very happy it is home-home rather than a 2-1 or 1-0 not in our favor. New Mexico is a solid program and I'm excited to see how we stack up.

Congrats on your first FBS H/H - army56mike - 03-30-2017 04:12 AM

Yep, this is a good game for us. The Lobos coming off a good season and bowl win. Hopefully they remain competitive and we have a good two games with them in the near future.

Hope we learn some more of our games through our opponents.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - msm96wolf - 03-30-2017 07:59 AM

I think you all just needed the first one announced. It benefits Liberty that did not announce it but UNM announced it. Gives more credence. I think ACC Teams will be looking to play. I know NCSU wants games in Va. So I could see 2-1 deals happening. I think they love to play in VA every 3-4 out of 6 years to help with recruiting. LU and ODU are great VA games when NCSU does not play UVA and VT.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - NewTimes - 03-30-2017 08:06 AM

Post removed due to incorrect info.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - SlyFox - 03-30-2017 10:00 PM

We have reached agreements on a bunch of contracts. Our new AD wants to announce the entire schedule at once instead of leaking them out. So far New Mexico is the first to go public. I suspect we'll hear some more shortly.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - NewTimes - 03-31-2017 08:17 AM

(03-30-2017 10:00 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  We have reached agreements on a bunch of contracts. Our new AD wants to announce the entire schedule at once instead of leaking them out. So far New Mexico is the first to go public. I suspect we'll hear some more shortly.
If the schools that are rumored on this board are ones included in the upcoming schedules that would be simply be exceptional for LU.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - SlyFox - 03-31-2017 08:54 AM

It took a Freedom of Information request to force UNM to release the contract. Most schools who are still working their schedules do not want to reveal much information until everything is signed, sealed and delivered.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - NewTimes - 03-31-2017 09:24 AM

(03-31-2017 08:54 AM)SlyFox Wrote:  It took a Freedom of Information request to force UNM to release the contract. Most schools who are still working their schedules do not want to reveal much information until everything is signed, sealed and delivered.
If the unconfirmed rumors are true, it would blow away most all SBC games with a few exceptions. It would almost be to good to be true if the indy schedule would exceed a SBC, C-USA or MAC lineup.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - BleedingPurple - 04-03-2017 04:32 PM

I'm shocked the NMSU games are at the end of Sept. rather than in Oct. or even Nov. Both teams being independent will find the most difficult games to schedule are for Oct. when most schools are beginning their conference games. Two independents should play their games against each other during this period of the schedule.

OOPS: My bad, New Mexico not NMSU. September is a good time for a game with them.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - SlyFox - 04-04-2017 05:15 PM

Scheduling as an independent is proving to be less stressful than anticipated. If the Dukes were to step up it would be even easier.

Congrats on your first FBS H/H - army56mike - 04-05-2017 03:03 AM

Are you speculating or stating fact? It seems as though we are doing well scheduling, but can't say anything for sure. I have a good feeling too, but it's nothing more than a feeling.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - GE and MTS - 04-05-2017 05:58 PM

(04-05-2017 03:03 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Are you speculating or stating fact? It seems as though we are doing well scheduling, but can't say anything for sure. I have a good feeling too, but it's nothing more than a feeling.

I'm guessing you are referring to the easier time scheduling rather than JMU moving to FBS. I think it is a little of both speculation and fact. Obviously we don't know who is scheduled, but we do have comments from the AD that we're in a good position. Our first "announced" opponent was a home/home agreement. As an LU fan, I am optimistic that things are going well and that we should be alright as an independent.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - SlyFox - 04-05-2017 11:12 PM

If there were major concerns about schools being reluctant to schedule us, those fears have proven false. I think you will all be very pleased with the schedules starting in 2018 considering the circumstances.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - LUbball23 - 04-06-2017 06:14 AM

(04-05-2017 11:12 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  If there were major concerns about schools being reluctant to schedule us, those fears have proven false. I think you will all be very pleased with the schedules starting in 2018 considering the circumstances.

Sly's right, There are some attractive teams coming to the Bill in 2019. Overall it's a pretty good schedule considering how quick it had to be done. They've also signed a couple future H/h deals with P5 schools. When that will be announced will be anyone's guess.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - SlyFox - 04-07-2017 01:40 PM

I believe once the ink is dried on the last 2018 slot, they'll unveil the whole lineup. I'm not sure if they want to wait on 2019 but I'm hearing that it is progressing extremely quickly as well.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - Liberty Fan - 04-08-2017 07:04 AM

(04-07-2017 01:40 PM)SlyFox Wrote:  I believe once the ink is dried on the last 2018 slot, they'll unveil the whole lineup. I'm not sure if they want to wait on 2019 but I'm hearing that it is progressing extremely quickly as well.

With the FBSschedules website, I think we'll be seeing something soon.

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - NewTimes - 04-08-2017 11:25 AM

For those including myself who have no idea who are the contemplated teams LU supposedly is soon to announce, please toss who are the teams?

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - Jacolby757 - 04-08-2017 12:03 PM

(04-08-2017 11:25 AM)NewTimes Wrote:  For those including myself who have no idea who are the contemplated teams LU supposedly is soon to announce, please toss who are the teams?
Agreed

Sent from my Pixel XL using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Congrats on your first FBS H/H - GE and MTS - 04-08-2017 07:31 PM

I'm ready to find out our schedule. I hope we have a big reveal party or something to make our schedule into a big deal. I think it would really help turn our football program into something marketable if we do big events like this.