CSNbbs
Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU (/thread-813297.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarchblue - 04-20-2017 01:54 PM

(04-20-2017 12:13 PM)odu09 Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 11:33 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(04-20-2017 10:24 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  So you believe Miller is lying and McClinton is going to primarily play the 3?

The 2/3 spots will be spread out between Hueitt, Godwin, Stith, Green, and Haynes. There is not going to be guys designated as only a "2" or only a "3."

I am actually with Giles on this one. McClinton was brought in to play the 4. Ed flat out said it. It was also said that he will be a Denzel type of player.

There was zero reason to sign him if he is a 3. We had Talley, BJ, and all of the freshmen to play the Guard/wing spots. Adding to that log jam would have made no sense. The 4 spot, on the other hand, is a massive weak spot. JJ seems unwilling to play Porter and Stith together, so assume they are both 5s and we are left with Carver who, in my opinion, cannot be a starter and Kah who JJ seems unwilling to play.

Just want to check and make sure you understand why Kah got hardly any playing time. He was a liability on defense. Hoping he will be much improved next season

So I've heard. We had a lot of players who were a liability on offense... they played.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - CUSAmonarchman - 04-20-2017 02:05 PM

Haynes is staying put

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarchist13 - 04-20-2017 02:08 PM

(04-20-2017 02:05 PM)CUSAmonarchman Wrote:  Haynes is staying put

Ed wrote about it:
http://pilotonline.com/odu-basketball-s-haynes-decides-not-to-transfer-after-all/article_ea95ef9d-2da1-56d8-9c14-8e4951b7a523.html

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - odu09 - 04-20-2017 02:12 PM

(04-19-2017 07:07 PM)blewbyu Wrote:  Haynes is staying!!!!!

You called it correctly. Somebody give this guy an insider tag

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - odu09 - 04-20-2017 02:15 PM

I am bad at counting. Does this mean we have no more scholarships left this year?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Forgot to subtract Talley. I would just delete this, but - let the world of ODU message boarders see my folly.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODU BBALL - 04-20-2017 02:37 PM

(04-20-2017 02:15 PM)odu09 Wrote:  I am bad at counting. Does this mean we have no more scholarships left this year?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Forgot to subtract Talley. I would just delete this, but - let the world of ODU message boarders see my folly.

No biggie. There is plenty of folly to go around on the message boards.

Glad to see it is official that he is staying and also that Jones went along with it. 04-cheers

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - bit_9 - 04-20-2017 03:56 PM

So was the timeline that Haynes said he would transfer and then Talley was dismissed?

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Nukesquad - 04-23-2017 12:02 PM

(04-20-2017 03:56 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  So was the timeline that Haynes said he would transfer and then Talley was dismissed?

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.

Yes that timeline is accurate. However, these are 2 are separate events; Talley's dismissal wasn't due to the desire to retain Haynes. Now, I would assume Haynes saw with Talley being dismissed could give him an opportunity for increased minutes. That, with not that many better offers for him out there, probably convinced him to request to stay put.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Petey Hodge - 04-23-2017 12:38 PM

Is his heart in the right place though?
Gotta wonder with anyone ready to test the market

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarch Homselr - 04-23-2017 03:20 PM

At the Big Blue BBQ Thursday someone asked JJ...Is Randy here or not? JJ said he thought Haynes was getting pressure...not sure if he meant from family, friends??....and wanted to leave for more PT. JJ said he ok'ed his transfer. A few days after Talley left Randy came by and asked if he could come back....whether he thought that was a sign that Talley was gone or not JJ said that Randy is such a hard worker, has a terrific attitude and is doing the best academically he has ever done there was no way he wouldn't let him return. When I saw Randy I told him I though he made the right decision and we are glad to have him, He said back o me "Yes, ma'am....I don't know what I was thinking. I am really glad to be here."

Makes you re-think JJ's relationship with his players maybe??

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - JJMonarch - 04-23-2017 03:48 PM

(04-23-2017 03:20 PM)Monarch Homselr Wrote:  At the Big Blue BBQ Thursday someone asked JJ...Is Randy here or not? JJ said he thought Haynes was getting pressure...not sure if he meant from family, friends??....and wanted to leave for more PT. JJ said he ok'ed his transfer. A few days after Talley left Randy came by and asked if he could come back....whether he thought that was a sign that Talley was gone or not JJ said that Randy is such a hard worker, has a terrific attitude and is doing the best academically he has ever done there was no way he wouldn't let him return. When I saw Randy I told him I though he made the right decision and we are glad to have him, He said back o me "Yes, ma'am....I don't know what I was thinking. I am really glad to be here."

That is a good story to hear MH. Thanks for sharing. I met Haynes mother and sister on the trip to the Bahamas this past season and they were both really nice and very supportive. She was excite during to see him playing as a Monarch. Hopefully next season he will have a break out senior year. He has a lot of upside to his game and showed flashes of it last season.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODUalum78 - 04-23-2017 05:02 PM

(04-23-2017 03:20 PM)Monarch Homselr Wrote:  At the Big Blue BBQ Thursday someone asked JJ...Is Randy here or not? JJ said he thought Haynes was getting pressure...not sure if he meant from family, friends??....and wanted to leave for more PT. JJ said he ok'ed his transfer. A few days after Talley left Randy came by and asked if he could come back....whether he thought that was a sign that Talley was gone or not JJ said that Randy is such a hard worker, has a terrific attitude and is doing the best academically he has ever done there was no way he wouldn't let him return. When I saw Randy I told him I though he made the right decision and we are glad to have him, He said back o me "Yes, ma'am....I don't know what I was thinking. I am really glad to be here."

Or is feeling potential APR heat.
07-coffee3

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Nukesquad - 04-23-2017 05:11 PM

(04-23-2017 05:02 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

07-coffee3

His transferring would not affect any APR stat. ODU MBB APR is fine, even with Talley's dismissal.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Justanodufan - 04-23-2017 05:19 PM

07-coffee3

Doesn't look like there is an APR issue........ amazingly enough it appears all those pseudo inside sources claiming JJ's players hate him may not be accurate.

https://www.odu.edu/content/dam/odu/offices/bov/meetings/2016-2017/2016-12-08/dashboard-12-08-16.pdf

(athletics APR is addressed in the last 3-4 pages)

Welcome back, Randy! Here is to a memorable senior season

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Gilesfan - 04-23-2017 05:20 PM

Haynes always wanted to stay, really struggled with it. He just wanted to play.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODUalum78 - 04-23-2017 10:29 PM

(04-23-2017 05:11 PM)Nukesquad Wrote:  

07-coffee3

His transferring would not affect any APR stat. ODU MBB APR is fine, even with Talley's dismissal.
I believe that it would indeed affect the APR if his GPA is below 2.6

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Monarch Homselr - 04-23-2017 10:48 PM

(04-23-2017 03:48 PM)JJMonarch Wrote:  

That is a good story to hear MH. Thanks for sharing. I met Haynes mother and sister on the trip to the Bahamas this past season and they were both really nice and very supportive. She was excite during to see him playing as a Monarch. Hopefully next season he will have a break out senior year. He has a lot of upside to his game and showed flashes of it last season.

Agreed. Billy and I sat with his mom and aunt two of the three Atlantis games. They were super nice. But Randy is their " baby" so I understand them want more playing time for him!

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Justanodufan - 04-24-2017 04:44 AM

(04-23-2017 10:29 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

07-coffee3

And there is NO way Haynes could have a 2.6 or higher. You are unbelievable.

RE: Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - ODUalum78 - 04-24-2017 06:52 AM

(04-24-2017 04:44 AM)Justanodufan Wrote:  
(04-23-2017 10:29 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

07-coffee3

And there is NO way Haynes could have a 2.6 or higher. You are unbelievable.

??

I never said he couldn't. In fact I have no way of knowing either way. I merely offered an alternative possibility.

Haynes and Fields leaving ODU - Big Bluezilla - 04-24-2017 08:25 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience in interaction with the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk