CSNbbs
Trump expediting military decisions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Trump expediting military decisions (/thread-812968.html)

Trump expediting military decisions - bullet - 03-20-2017 07:23 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/19/us/trump-shifting-authority-over-military-operations-back-to-pentagon.html?_r=0

...“In defense of the Obama administration, every single time we went to the president and asked for something more, we eventually got it, though we often had to jump through a lot of hoops,” said Andrew Exum, a former Army Ranger who held a senior position at the Defense Department under Mr. Obama. “The episode that took the cake was toward the end of the administration, when we literally had cabinet secretaries debating the movement of three helicopters from Iraq to Syria.”...

RE: Trump expediting military decisions - stinkfist - 03-20-2017 08:03 AM

I'm still in the camp we shouldn't be there in the first place and allocate resources elsewhere....

the burden should be placed on the surrounding territories coupled with the U.S. providing supplemental support....

however, the msm and the dippos put everyone in a frenzy over isolated incidents....

we'll see if DJT can figure that one out.....I put my money on him and think he can at least provide 'dents'

RE: Trump expediting military decisions - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-20-2017 08:05 AM

Good.

We've had way too much micromanagement from the top of decisions that should be made in the field since at least Vietnam. Much was made in some quarters about the apparent fact that Trump did not actively monitor the Yemen raid. I'm quite certain those who conducted the operation much preferred it that way. After all, exactly WTF could Trump have done that would have been useful? Same for Obama on the raid to get bin Laden, for example?

RE: Trump expediting military decisions - stinkfist - 03-20-2017 08:34 AM

(03-20-2017 08:05 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Good.

We've had way too much micromanagement from the top of decisions that should be made in the field since at least Vietnam. Much was made in some quarters about the apparent fact that Trump did not actively monitor the Yemen raid. I'm quite certain those who conducted the operation much preferred it that way. After all, exactly WTF could Trump have done that would have been useful? Same for Obama on the raid to get bin Laden, for example?

or Bush invading Irag b/c of daddy....all the way back to Truman and S. Korea....

I understand the economic strategy back in Truman's day....but that day is long gone....we have 'em all by the balls as long as the USD reigns gold....

today, there are betterbest methods to continue to hold the throne....

RE: Trump expediting military decisions - olliebaba - 03-20-2017 06:23 PM

I don't mind the US in these areas as long as we get something in return. We the taxpayers need a little (lot) help. We shouldn't have to foot the whole bill.