CSNbbs
Get ready... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Get ready... (/thread-812922.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Get ready... - JhanJo - 03-19-2017 04:09 PM

for the media circus this week because Calipari is coming back to Memphis and the FedEx Forum where he enjoyed so much success. Couple that with the disdain much of the locals have for him it's a reporters/sports talk dream scenario.

RE: Get ready... - tigerlands - 03-19-2017 04:10 PM

Yep. Stay classy Memphis.

RE: Get ready... - Memphis Blazer - 03-19-2017 04:11 PM

Dream scenario for Calipari. He will be able to sell the "everybody is against you" motivation and have his team think they are playing the City of Memphis who hate him and Kentucky.

RE: Get ready... - Memphis Blazer - 03-19-2017 04:13 PM

Calipari enjoyed a lot of success in FedEx Forum. Unfortunately, there are no CUSA schools remaining in the tournament.

RE: Get ready... - JhanJo - 03-19-2017 04:19 PM

we'll have a great bracket here so it will be good for the city, Beal street, hotels and restaurants. Great basketball for the local fans. No doubt Cal will figure out a way to use the attention to his advantage. Should be a fun week!

RE: Get ready... - fsquid - 03-19-2017 04:21 PM

I'm happy for the local businesses since UK fans travel so well. I doubt it will be a media circus above a local level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Get ready... - tigerlands - 03-19-2017 04:23 PM

Avery Woodson also coming back to FedEx Forum.

RE: Get ready... - memp600 - 03-19-2017 04:54 PM

One thing's for sure, the local media will definitely act over the top.

RE: Get ready... - Tigerbluesky - 03-19-2017 04:54 PM

It would be a larger media circus if the home team (Tigers) were actually relevant and in the tourney. Many casual fans here have turned off the tube until the Final Four I suspect.

RE: Get ready... - 80sTiger - 03-19-2017 05:03 PM

I don't see what the big deal is other than the "first time since" angle. Maybe he'll have a nice place to stay while he's here. What was her name again ? Ha Ha.

RE: Get ready... - jsw3ent - 03-19-2017 05:33 PM

(03-19-2017 04:23 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  Avery Woodson also coming back to FedEx Forum.

WHO ?

RE: Get ready... - snowtiger - 03-19-2017 06:00 PM

Right now, I welcome the distraction. A circus sounds awesome.
Any port in a storm, except a port with no circus.

RE: Get ready... - fsquid - 03-19-2017 06:30 PM

Sonia behind the bench?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Get ready... - Tiger87 - 03-19-2017 08:19 PM

Geoff and GP were spitballing some questions they could ask Cal at his press conference to derail it. Questions that have nothing to do with UK and the tourney - and everything to do with his time here.

"Do you wish you had called timeout in the 2008 NC game?"

"Was Earl Barron really the name you called him on national tv?"

"Did you ever have to go to the Plush Club to get any of your guys?"

"Did the sno-cone machine make it to Kentucky, or is it at Mud Island?"

Ok, the last one is mine.

RE: Get ready... - TiminMem23 - 03-19-2017 08:25 PM

F Cal. Memphis fans aren't alone in our disdain for him. His peers don't like him, the media doesn't like him and pretty much everyone outside of Kentucky fans don't like him. He'll tell you it's because he wins, and he'd be wrong. K has won a lot more than Cal, and K is largely respected and admired. Same with Izzo and a few others.

RE: Get ready... - tigergg - 03-19-2017 08:41 PM

(03-19-2017 08:25 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  F Cal. Memphis fans aren't alone in our disdain for him. His peers don't like him, the media doesn't like him and pretty much everyone outside of Kentucky fans don't like him. He'll tell you it's because he wins, and he'd be wrong. K has won a lot more than Cal, and K is largely respected and admired. Same with Izzo and a few others.
Agreed, and you let him go a couple more years without another Championship and Ky fans will be all over him!! So far this is I think his 9th year and with all the NBA talent he has had he has only won 1, and I'm counting this year because I don't think he will win this year either.. Ky fans don't care if you go to the final 4 every year , they only care about winning it all or it is a failure in their eyes.. Some of the fans don't care for the way he recruits the 1 and dones!

RE: Get ready... - Tiger87 - 03-19-2017 09:03 PM

UK averages 1 NC every 10 years. He's on that pace. Doesn't mean his seat won't get hot. Sooner or later, UK will convince themselves that all these recruits are coming because of BBN - not Cal. So they will think someone else could be doing more with them.

RE: Get ready... - thagr82008 - 03-19-2017 10:16 PM

(03-19-2017 08:41 PM)tigergg Wrote:  
(03-19-2017 08:25 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  F Cal. Memphis fans aren't alone in our disdain for him. His peers don't like him, the media doesn't like him and pretty much everyone outside of Kentucky fans don't like him. He'll tell you it's because he wins, and he'd be wrong. K has won a lot more than Cal, and K is largely respected and admired. Same with Izzo and a few others.
Agreed, and you let him go a couple more years without another Championship and Ky fans will be all over him!! So far this is I think his 9th year and with all the NBA talent he has had he has only won 1, and I'm counting this year because I don't think he will win this year either.. Ky fans don't care if you go to the final 4 every year , they only care about winning it all or it is a failure in their eyes.. Some of the fans don't care for the way he recruits the 1 and dones!

(03-19-2017 09:03 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  UK averages 1 NC every 10 years. He's on that pace. Doesn't mean his seat won't get hot. Sooner or later, UK will convince themselves that all these recruits are coming because of BBN - not Cal. So they will think someone else could be doing more with them.

Exactly......The storm is brewing for Cals ship!!! It has sailed and fans WILL feel that they deserve better......They really DONT, but eventually he will move on because of disdain for his futile attempts

RE: Get ready... - Penny Lane - 03-19-2017 10:30 PM

(03-19-2017 05:03 PM)80sTiger Wrote:  I don't see what the big deal is other than the "first time since" angle. Maybe he'll have a nice place to stay while he's here. What was her name again ? Ha Ha.

He is staying with Fred Smith. A nice place to stay.

RE: Get ready... - Penny Lane - 03-19-2017 10:31 PM

Guess that's why he is in HOF and Tubby isn't.