CSNbbs
General tournament conference prediction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: General tournament conference prediction (/thread-812649.html)

General tournament conference prediction - quo vadis - 03-16-2017 02:51 PM

The Big 12 and PAC are underrated, their teams will do better than expected/seeded. Not every single team, but overall.

The SEC and Big East are slightly overrated, they will do a little worse overall than expectations/seedings.

The ACC and B1G are rated correctly, and their tournament results will comport with their seedings.

RE: General tournament conference prediction - The Cutter of Bish - 03-16-2017 03:20 PM

I don't know if the Big XII is underrated. The top four from that conference are well regarded and seeded well. I couldn't care less about KSU and OSU.

The ACC and the Big Ten are going to be interesting. ACC is 2-1 so far, but could have been 0-3, and they just look bad. And I think UNC, Louisville, and Duke could take the title...but, if they get there beating the likes of Wake, Virginia, and Notre Dame? Now, I'm not so sure.

The Big Ten look underseeded in a way, but this is a down year. Really. I don't know when such a low seed could win their conference tournament...we'll see how they line up against their pairings. Wisconsin looks badly paired with VT, and I would expect them to roll over the Hokies...really don't know why they slipped so far to the 8/9 line.