CSNbbs
ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month (/thread-812011.html)

ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - CrimsonPhantom - 03-10-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:American Sports Network was created in 2014 by Sinclair Broadcast Group to air college sports and provide local sports coverage to certain areas across the country. It appears that Sinclair is pulling the plug on the network after three years. TV news website FTV Live first reported that staffers were informed that their roles were being cut and the network was ceasing operation.

Not only does ASN have contracts with several conferences, but it also provided local sports coverage to several Sinclair stations.

Link

Underdog Dynasty Article

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - gleadley - 03-10-2017 05:00 PM

Good riddance.

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - CrimsonPhantom - 03-10-2017 06:08 PM

(03-10-2017 05:00 PM)gleadley Wrote:  Good riddance.

I second that.

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - dancingNMSUaggie - 03-11-2017 11:25 AM

Another crappy network bites the dust.

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - Lopes87 - 03-11-2017 11:34 AM

(03-11-2017 11:25 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  Another crappy network bites the dust.

Next will be WAC Digital and hopefully all schools will be required to host their own broadcast that is quality (SU's feed looks like a motorola flip phone live feed. Oh and the stream needs to be free! I'm looking at you UMKC....

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - SeattleVandals - 03-11-2017 04:51 PM

(03-11-2017 11:34 AM)Lopes87 Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 11:25 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  Another crappy network bites the dust.

Next will be WAC Digital and hopefully all schools will be required to host their own broadcast that is quality (SU's feed looks like a motorola flip phone live feed. Oh and the stream needs to be free! I'm looking at you UMKC....

Id rather see the WAC DN improve instead of just teams having their own good stream. And have all games on the WAC DN unless on TV with as many on ESPN3 as possible. The Big Sky does a good job with their online network most of the time

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - joshadam84 - 03-11-2017 05:33 PM

The downside of ASN shutting down is it takes away a national television audience for 7 of the 8 teams in the conference (basketball). Although it was limited, I enjoyed being able to watch the games on my satellite. ESPN3 still isn't as crisp as a regular satellite channel.

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - gleadley - 03-11-2017 06:28 PM

You might be in the minority, Josh.

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - MWC Tex - 03-11-2017 07:15 PM

http://csnbbs.com/thread-811989-page-5.html

From this post, it may that ASN will undergo a reboot of sorts and be better.

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - CrimsonPhantom - 03-11-2017 08:08 PM

(03-11-2017 04:51 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 11:34 AM)Lopes87 Wrote:  

Id rather see the WAC DN improve instead of just teams having their own good stream. And have all games on the WAC DN unless on TV with as many on ESPN3 as possible. The Big Sky does a good job with their online network most of the time

The WAC DN went backwards this year. They did away with their apps and Roku channel. They have had technical problems all year. They got a new producer, whose biggest accomplishment was having the the most viewed Youtube channel @ the D2 level, the RMAC.

RE: ASN May Cease operations at the end of the month - SeattleVandals - 03-11-2017 08:36 PM

Yeah, it was pretty bad when the stream for Seattle U's biggest home game against Washington didnt work the entire game. Never got broadcast. UW fans were livid about that one