CSNbbs
FBS here we come! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: FBS here we come! (/thread-811589.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FBS here we come! - Liberty Fan - 03-07-2017 02:07 PM

RE: FBS here we come! - Curtisc83 - 03-07-2017 02:39 PM

I was hoping to see the FB Stadium plans :(

RE: FBS here we come! - Liberty Fan - 03-07-2017 02:52 PM

(03-07-2017 02:39 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  I was hoping to see the FB Stadium plans :(

I thinking we'll see something soon, after all they need to start it in 8 months?

FBS here we come! - army56mike - 03-07-2017 06:41 PM

Yep! That's my LU! Love it! Just keep doing the right thing and growing the right way.

RE: FBS here we come! - BleedingPurple - 03-07-2017 07:37 PM

(03-07-2017 02:52 PM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 02:39 PM)Curtisc83 Wrote:  I was hoping to see the FB Stadium plans :(

I thinking we'll see something soon, after all they need to start it in 8 months?

Just curious, why do you say that it needs to be started in 8 months? Have you signed a deal to have a big time team come to Lynchburg? I was guessing that it will take until about the 2021 season before you have someone coming that will bust your capacity into a whole new atmosphere.

Along the same line, do we still have a deal to play you guys in 2019? If so, I suspect that will be one of your better crowds for that particular season even with our being FCS. Once you start getting Appy, ECU, and a few P5's to show up in Lynchburg, you'll need an expansion for sure, but I don't see having a "GA State type" come to town requiring more than your current capacity.

It's an exciting time for you guys and I'm sure immediately following your two transition seasons, you'll get a nice bump, but I'm guessing that will settle down after some of the newness of being fully FBS wears off. Then you'll get another nice bump once some good programs play in Williams Stadium.

RE: FBS here we come! - NewTimes - 03-07-2017 08:14 PM

(03-07-2017 07:37 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 02:52 PM)Liberty Fan Wrote:  

Just curious, why do you say that it needs to be started in 8 months? Have you signed a deal to have a big time team come to Lynchburg? I was guessing that it will take until about the 2021 season before you have someone coming that will bust your capacity into a whole new atmosphere.

Along the same line, do we still have a deal to play you guys in 2019? If so, I suspect that will be one of your better crowds for that particular season even with our being FCS. Once you start getting Appy, ECU, and a few P5's to show up in Lynchburg, you'll need an expansion for sure, but I don't see having a "GA State type" come to town requiring more than your current capacity.

It's an exciting time for you guys and I'm sure immediately following your two transition seasons, you'll get a nice bump, but I'm guessing that will settle down after some of the newness of being fully FBS wears off. Then you'll get another nice bump once some good programs play in Williams Stadium.
BP, you are a poster with grace and poise.

RE: FBS here we come! - GE and MTS - 03-07-2017 08:51 PM

Impressive! But I thought LU was just online?

On another note, I think I remember hearing the plan for the football stadium is to expand a little soon, and then when demand requires to expand to 35,000. I could be, and probably am, mis-remembering though.

FBS here we come! - army56mike - 03-08-2017 04:40 AM

I believe the goal is to be at 25,000ish, give or take 1K, by the 2019 season. That will include a tower added to the student side with luxury suites, box seating, and the rest bleachers.

I am anticipating LU getting a couple decent early home games the first few years..... just a gut feeling.

RE: FBS here we come! - Liberty Fan - 03-08-2017 06:43 AM

Going to 35K, see 16:10 mark.

FBS here we come! - army56mike - 03-08-2017 09:00 AM

Whoo! That is quite a jump. It's gonna take a decade of winning to 35,000 to attend. However, I am ever hopeful. With that many seats tickets should be pretty cheap.

RE: FBS here we come! - NewTimes - 03-08-2017 04:32 PM

(03-08-2017 09:00 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Whoo! That is quite a jump. It's gonna take a decade of winning to 35,000 to attend. However, I am ever hopeful. With that many seats tickets should be pretty cheap.
It may be as difficult as it first appears. Any FBS local teams (ASU, Charlotte, ODU, Marshall as ex) would be easy travel. One could expect them to bring 1,500 to 2,000+ or more. Add a 15-20% increase LU attendance bump with all the hoopla that will surround the first year move up. It would seem a first year expectation would be 25,000+ per game would be reasonable. 25k in a 35k stadium still appears, and is a lot of people.

FBS here we come! - army56mike - 03-10-2017 08:33 PM

How long before we pick off our first 4* player? I think within the first four seasons.

RE: FBS here we come! - Ewglenn - 03-10-2017 10:12 PM

(03-10-2017 08:33 PM)army56mike Wrote:  How long before we pick off our first 4* player? I think within the first four seasons.

SLow down there killer lol. I think at least 8years before that happens. Honestly I think even that might be a push.

FBS here we come! - army56mike - 03-11-2017 01:41 AM

Pfffff! By year 8 we will have gotten a single 5*.

RE: FBS here we come! - GE and MTS - 03-11-2017 08:25 AM

I think it would take closer to 8 years than 4 in order for us to get a 4-star recruit. Gill does like to recruit Texas and Florida and both states do have plenty of high level recruits so it could be possible it happens sooner but I wouldn't bet on it.

RE: FBS here we come! - SlyFox - 03-15-2017 08:34 AM

My answer would be long before Coastal.

RE: FBS here we come! - GE and MTS - 03-15-2017 08:20 PM

(03-15-2017 08:34 AM)SlyFox Wrote:  My answer would be long before Coastal.

You win! /end thread

FBS here we come! - army56mike - 03-15-2017 09:12 PM

Is Buckshot the QB to lead us into FBS or do we try and add an immediate FBS caliber QB? I know you try and bring in a QB per class. I think Buckshot should be good moving forward.

I am more concerned about pulling in linemen to compete at the next level.

RE: FBS here we come! - SlyFox - 03-16-2017 09:30 AM

The biggest question right now regarding Buck is whether or not we redshirt him this fall. If we were to get a 5th-year senior FBS transfer it might give us that flexibility. As of right now, we need him playing. He has P5 caliber tools and showed tremendous improvement this past fall.

Offensive linemen have been an issue and will be getting a ton fo focus when spring drills start next week. We now have some extra scholarships to pass around and hopefully we will land some transfer help. In the past, Coach Gill has been reluctant to accept FBS transfers. He has taken in only a handful. But I suspect the sudden surge in scholarships will give him more flexibility.

RE: FBS here we come! - NewTimes - 03-16-2017 05:05 PM

(03-16-2017 09:30 AM)SlyFox Wrote:  The biggest question right now regarding Buck is whether or not we redshirt him this fall. If we were to get a 5th-year senior FBS transfer it might give us that flexibility. As of right now, we need him playing. He has P5 caliber tools and showed tremendous improvement this past fall.

Offensive linemen have been an issue and will be getting a ton fo focus when spring drills start next week. We now have some extra scholarships to pass around and hopefully we will land some transfer help. In the past, Coach Gill has been reluctant to accept FBS transfers. He has taken in only a handful. But I suspect the sudden surge in scholarships will give him more flexibility.
How does the transfer rule work now that LU is FBS full status in waiting vs. the old rule where a FBS could transfer to a FCS school and play without sitting out a year?