CSNbbs
Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games (/thread-810880.html)

Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - Liberty Fan - 03-01-2017 04:55 PM

Quote:Liberty has come to terms on scheduling agreements for multiple FBS games in both 2018 and 2019, according to sources. No word yet on who those scheduled games are with. Liberty plans to release the entire 2018 schedule at once as opposed to releasing individual games as they are signed ...... A scheduling alliance with another G5 conference moving forward could also be a possibility.

http://www.aseaofred.com/fbs-scheduling-update/

Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - army56mike - 03-01-2017 05:21 PM

Well that's a step in a positive direction. Can't wait to find out who we're playing.

RE: Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - GE and MTS - 03-01-2017 08:52 PM

This is good news! I really hate Liberty's policy on this though. I want to get excited about future opponents but Liberty doesn't give us time to get excited.

RE: Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - msm96wolf - 03-02-2017 06:49 PM

I think Liberty is smart in handling the initial schedules. I think it looks more impressive to have the 2018 and 19 schedules already done. Hopefully for you all, there will also be numerous 2020+ games showing deals. I think it is important for Liberty lock down meeting the FBS minimum home games for the first five years. Showing they will be a like BYU and a stable independent.

RE: Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - NewTimes - 03-03-2017 10:54 AM

(03-02-2017 06:49 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  I think Liberty is smart in handling the initial schedules. I think it looks more impressive to have the 2018 and 19 schedules already done. Hopefully for you all, there will also be numerous 2020+ games showing deals. I think it is important for Liberty lock down meeting the FBS minimum home games for the first five years. Showing they will be a like BYU and a stable independent.
Unfortunately I agree with your point and wish like GTandMTS that as teams were signed announcements would follow. It would generate more BBS interest.

RE: Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - SlyFox - 03-04-2017 05:29 PM

Obviously certain contracts were easy to sign with other indies. My guess is that we aren't revealing the contracts because there remains some fluidity to them allowing for both parties to slide them into a suitable slot based on booking other FBS games.

I suspect that word will leak out once other contracts start falling into place on multiple-year deals.

Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - army56mike - 03-07-2017 04:10 AM

Someone needs to explain to me why any conference would get into a scheduling agreement with us. I just am not sure of the benefit. I guess there are some teams that have a hard time scheduling home games, but why would they rely on the conference office to help. I'd think coming straight to Liberty and cutting the middle man eould be a better way. I also can't see anyone other than Sun Belt and the bottom C-USA teams needing this type of agreement.

Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - army56mike - 03-10-2017 08:43 PM

Teams I envision us playing home/home with.....
UMass
N.M. State
La. Monroe
Ga. Southern
Coastal
Ga. State
Charlotte
San Jose St.
Texas St.
Several MAC schools

RE: Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - BleedingPurple - 03-11-2017 06:53 AM

(03-10-2017 08:43 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Teams I envision us playing home/home with.....
UMass
N.M. State
La. Monroe
Ga. Southern
Coastal
Ga. State
Charlotte
San Jose St.
Texas St.
Several MAC schools

I believe there are very few G5's who would not make a deal with you. The problem is their fitting LU in when you would prefer. The month of Sept shouldn't be difficult at all and you can do your payday games with the SEC and ACC (ACC wants to start moving some OOC games to later in the season) in the month of Nov., so it will be Oct. dates that are tough to schedule and this is where UMass and NMSU should be.

RE: Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - GE and MTS - 03-11-2017 08:32 AM

(03-11-2017 06:53 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 08:43 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Teams I envision us playing home/home with.....
UMass
N.M. State
La. Monroe
Ga. Southern
Coastal
Ga. State
Charlotte
San Jose St.
Texas St.
Several MAC schools

I believe there are very few G5's who would not make a deal with you. The problem is their fitting LU in when you would prefer. The month of Sept shouldn't be difficult at all and you can do your payday games with the SEC and ACC (ACC wants to start moving some OOC games to later in the season) in the month of Nov., so it will be Oct. dates that are tough to schedule and this is where UMass and NMSU should be.

I agree. I think a lot of the general apathy that most fans have towards Liberty's football program is not as big a concern to the athletic directors who will want a home game. They'll assume that fans will come to the games regardless, want a hopefully easy win against a fresh move-up, and potentially get paid for an away game.

Scheduling agreements made for multiple FBS games - army56mike - 03-27-2017 04:14 AM

I'm not concerned with apathy or perception of the University. I guess my concern is more about a fledgling, lower level FBS team, being attractive enough to put on your schedule. I mean if you had the choice to schedule La. Monroe, Liberty, or Rice, I'd think most schools would take rice every time, just based on name value, unless an agreement created a regional game that would help with selling tickets.