CSNbbs
NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired (/thread-810358.html)

NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Erictelevision - 02-25-2017 03:25 PM

Who are some modern all time greats who didn't get their coach fired? Examples I can think off:

Isiah Thomas (the Piston obviously)
Tim Duncan
Larry Bird (maybe)

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - PirateTreasureNC - 02-26-2017 11:30 PM

Huh?

How do you want to spin Michael Jordan and Doug Collins? Then again, Phil Jackson and Mike won a lot so...

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Erictelevision - 02-26-2017 11:40 PM

That's the BEST example of a superstar getting his coach fired. Anther one: Magic and Westhead

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - PirateTreasureNC - 02-26-2017 11:46 PM

(02-26-2017 11:40 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  That's the BEST example of a superstar getting his coach fired. Anther one: Magic and Westhead

Who was the Lakers coach at the end of Magic's career? Was Riley still there? Had he already moved on to the Knicks? Didn't Magic drop out of the NBA at that time due to his contracting the AIDS virus? ... I mean the Lakers had some odd situations around that time with Del Harris(?) and other coaches between Riley and Phil Jackson.

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Erictelevision - 02-27-2017 11:32 AM

Del is an example of a coach Kobe got fired.

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Brookes Owl - 02-27-2017 01:19 PM

Depends on what you mean by "modern" but you went back as far as Isiah and Bird, so I'd offer:
Stockton
Malone (Karl)
Hakeem
Barkley

Not exactly a superstar player situation but interesting to note that Isiah Thomas was fired after fighting with Stephon Marbury.

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Erictelevision - 02-27-2017 02:40 PM

Who did Stockton or Olajuwon get fired?

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Brookes Owl - 02-27-2017 02:49 PM

(02-27-2017 02:40 PM)Erictelevision Wrote:  Who did Stockton or Olajuwon get fired?

Dude, I'm answering YOUR question: Who DIDN'T get their coach fired?

RE: NBA superstars who DIDN'T get their coach fired - Erictelevision - 02-27-2017 03:33 PM

Oops! My bad. :). BTW: I was defining the merger as the beginning of the modern era.