CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 09-25-2018 01:13 PM

(09-25-2018 10:41 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I haven't seen the play or how Alabama's walls compare to our old configuration, but I think the larger point is that there is some legitimate injury concern in having walls too close to the actual football field of play. Is anybody still upset about the cut-outs, particularly given the attendance numbers?

Dylan Moses' sideline crash into wall, security guard prompts changes at Bryant-Denny Stadium

As someone who strongly protested the cutouts, on Saturday I attended my first game since 2016, when I dropped my season tickets.

I didn’t like it then and am not thrilled about it now, but I’ve moved on. It’s done. We don’t need the seats and it doesn’t look like UC is going to be in the P5 any time soon. Eh. Whatever.

I’m no longer glued to college sports. It’s more of an occasional past time now. College sports forgot about the average fan and has been corrupted with big money.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 09-25-2018 01:28 PM

I will add the field again looked terrible, even worse than the week before. Someone sitting near me said that local HS fields look better.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 09-25-2018 01:46 PM

Jackie's post made me go back and see if I was missing something. Didn't notice the field other than to think it and Nippert look great as usual. Went back and watched the highlight vids to see if I was missing anything. Maybe it's a little more plain than people like...I don't know. Didn't see how it looked terrible.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - skylinecat - 09-25-2018 01:49 PM

(09-25-2018 01:46 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Jackie's post made me go back and see if I was missing something. Didn't notice the field other than to think it and Nippert look great as usual. Went back and watched the highlight vids to see if I was missing anything. Maybe it's a little more plain than people like...I don't know. Didn't see how it looked terrible.

I was at the game and didn't notice anything wrong with the field either. It is field turf - how can there be something wrong with it? Its not like it was muddy or something.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Z-Fly - 09-25-2018 01:57 PM

I noticed the guys slipping more than I thought they should, but maybe that's how field turf plays. I thought the field visually looked fine too.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - GoCats1994 - 09-25-2018 02:08 PM

I can only assume Jackie is referring to the idea that you could make out where the soccer lines were previously painted

If anyone still thinks the FCC relationship with UC has been somehow bad for the school, they are not paying attention. The exposure and the $$ are both worth it.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan - 09-25-2018 02:10 PM

(09-25-2018 01:28 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  I will add the field again looked terrible, even worse than the week before. Someone sitting near me said that local HS fields look better.

I agree. I know it is not supposed to be a work of art but this field is significantly duller in color than the one that was removed. And the soccer field or 'pitch' markings are very evident.

I'm not sure who chose this particular turf. I guess it was necessary to use it to allow for changing out the field from football to soccer.

I'm over it but just wanted to weigh in on the conversation. And I'm guessing once FCC gets their stadium Nippert will get new turf.

And this has nothing to do with how I feel about soccer or FCC. FCC has been good for UC and Nippert. I just don't like the field now - it is as simple as that.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 09-25-2018 02:48 PM

(09-25-2018 02:10 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 01:28 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  I will add the field again looked terrible, even worse than the week before. Someone sitting near me said that local HS fields look better.

I agree. I know it is not supposed to be a work of art but this field is significantly duller in color than the one that was removed. And the soccer field or 'pitch' markings are very evident.

I'm not sure who chose this particular turf. I guess it was necessary to use it to allow for changing out the field from football to soccer.

I'm over it but just wanted to weigh in on the conversation. And I'm guessing once FCC gets their stadium Nippert will get new turf.

And this has nothing to do with how I feel about soccer or FCC. FCC has been good for UC and Nippert. I just don't like the field now - it is as simple as that.

I wasn't referring to the soccer lines. Go back and look at the new football turf installed in 2013 with permanent lines and end zones. The colors and graphics were vibrant. Compare to the current field with faint painted lines which faded in the rain and the monochrome end zone graphics. We at least had colorful cutouts for the end zones last season, but either too cheap or lazy to install them this year.

I think they're gonna change the turf yet again in the off season because I guess for reasons I don't understand, it doesn't measure up for MLS.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 09-25-2018 03:49 PM

I can't wait for this thread to flare up again like a bad case of herpes once the contract is negotiated due to FCC's move to the MLS.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 09-25-2018 05:06 PM

(09-25-2018 03:49 PM)crex043 Wrote:  I can't wait for this thread to flare up again like a bad case of herpes once the contract is negotiated due to FCC's move to the MLS.

Let’s assume the MLS version will reflect the success Nippert helped FCC get.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - TubaCat - 09-25-2018 05:37 PM

As this thread approaches 100 pages, I had to go back and read the post that started it all in the "Nippert Defiled last night" thread:

(04-10-2016 10:38 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Flipping channels last night and on TW 11 they were showing the Rape of Nippert by soccer hooligans. Shameful. I am sure they were all Bernie people who scrapped together $14 while living in momma's basement to go to Clifton.

03-lmfao

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 09-25-2018 07:19 PM

If Bernie had won the election he would have given everybody free soccer tickets :)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 09-25-2018 08:19 PM

(09-25-2018 05:37 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  As this thread approaches 100 pages, I had to go back and read the post that started it all in the "Nippert Defiled last night" thread:

(04-10-2016 10:38 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Flipping channels last night and on TW 11 they were showing the Rape of Nippert by soccer hooligans. Shameful. I am sure they were all Bernie people who scrapped together $14 while living in momma's basement to go to Clifton.

03-lmfao

What a great post!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 09-26-2018 06:35 AM

(09-25-2018 01:57 PM)Z-Fly Wrote:  I noticed the guys slipping more than I thought they should, but maybe that's how field turf plays. I thought the field visually looked fine too.

Guys were slipping? It was raining, water will make thing slippery.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Z-Fly - 09-26-2018 06:44 AM

(09-26-2018 06:35 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 01:57 PM)Z-Fly Wrote:  I noticed the guys slipping more than I thought they should, but maybe that's how field turf plays. I thought the field visually looked fine too.

Guys were slipping? It was raining, water will make thing slippery.

I understand coefficient of Friction, Doss. I am a mechanical engineer. It was drizzling, and the boys looked like they were on skates.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - OKIcat - 09-26-2018 07:21 AM

I suspect we'll see new turf at Nippert once FCC leaves for the West End. At 4-0, the grass couldn't be greener from my vantage point.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JUSTGOPLAY - 10-07-2018 12:01 PM

This may have been covered previously, but have they removed some of the ribbon boards from the new west side structure and also Herschede-Shank Pavilion?

Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 10-07-2018 12:33 PM

No. It never went the full length due to cost.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 11-07-2018 09:29 PM

One piece of good news tonight. I was walking into the game tonight and saw that they were doing a legit full color paint job of the football field now that the FCC turd has been flushed from Nippert's colon for the season.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 11-07-2018 09:32 PM

(11-07-2018 09:29 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  One piece of good news tonight. I was walking into the game tonight and saw that they were doing a legit full color paint job of the football field now that the FCC turd has been flushed from Nippert's colon for the season.

literally LOL’d

after Mid-Major Micks latest debacle, I needed a good laugh.

+3 rep pts for this one