CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - DownOnRohs - 07-03-2018 08:30 AM

(07-02-2018 07:45 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 04:33 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 03:59 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 03:40 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 03:34 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  If you read the article, it was noted that they only wanted to use Papa John's or Lynn Field for International Friendly's or US Open Cup games, which require a large dimension field.

If LCFC went to Louisville with the same amount of cash that FCC went to UC with, I'd be surprised if they said no.

Also, Lynn Stadium is grass, they were concerned about the health of the field, not so much an issue on turf.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

People didn't say you were wrong. You admitted you had know idea about that whole situation, then people chimed in and said you can't compare apples to oranges anyway so it's irrelevant what happened between UL and Louisville FC.

Help me understand what your gripe is exactly? Is it seriously the notches in the horseshoe that got taken out of Nippert? Does that really upset you that much?
Because out of all the changes that FCC has made to Nippert, that is the only one I can think of that somebody might take exception to. All the other changes have enhanced Nippert, haven't they?

1 negative vs a dozen positives. And when FCC is gone it's not like UC can't put seats back where those notches are.

It's already been proven that your theory about how a "big time" university wouldn't accommodate an upstart soccer team is wrong. I'm just trying to understand why you are so passionate about this when most people really don't feel so strongly one way or the other about our beautiful stadium being shared with more people than it otherwise wouldn't be.

OWN IT.

It hurts your little feelings that the AD wants another revenue stream.

Guess what...

THEY NEED ANOTHER REVENUE STREAM...BADLY!!!

You complain that it makes UC FB seem "small time"...I have news for you...

THEY ARE SMALL TIME!!!!

Prove the opposite...show me the Bowl wins and the NC trophies.

THERE AREN'T ANY.

OWN THAT!!!!

Truth. We have plenty to be miserable about Def, we don't need to be miserable about FCC paying us money, upgrading our stadium, and introducing Nippert and campus to a ton of new people.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Cataclysmo - 07-03-2018 01:48 PM

(07-02-2018 03:34 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 02:01 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 01:33 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 10:13 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Who says Louisville passed? Who says that was something Louisville really pursued or that Louisville didn't already have a deal they liked more in place?

Ohio State literally did the exact same thing. Whether UC was making major conference money or not... the marketing for the school. the people at the facility during down times, the boom to the local business during those time, the parking revenue, the revenue from the gate, the concessions revenue, and the partnership with a family that has been one of the universities biggest benefactors all made the deal worth it whether UC was in a better league or not.

I am a season ticket holder for LouCity FC, and UofL Soccer. When Jurich was at UofL he wanted no part of helping Louisville City FC.

"The recent change in leadership in the University of Louisville athletic department opened the door for a partnership with Louisville City, one both sides regard as beneficial.

Louisville athletic director Vince Tyra is also a part-owner of Louisville City, and the university's facility discussions with Louisville City began around the time of Tyra's permanent hire in March"

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/soccer/louisville-city-fc/2018/06/18/louisville-city-wins-lynn-stadium-whyd-take-so-long/701573002/

But... But... this can't be.

EVERYONE on this board said I was wrong when I said this.

If you read the article, it was noted that they only wanted to use Papa John's or Lynn Field for International Friendly's or US Open Cup games, which require a large dimension field.

If LCFC went to Louisville with the same amount of cash that FCC went to UC with, I'd be surprised if they said no.

Also, Lynn Stadium is grass, they were concerned about the health of the field, not so much an issue on turf.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

You...you do realize that his post goes on to explain that the new Louisville AD is open to a partnership...right?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Def Berkkat - 07-03-2018 03:21 PM

(07-03-2018 01:48 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 02:01 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 01:33 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I am a season ticket holder for LouCity FC, and UofL Soccer. When Jurich was at UofL he wanted no part of helping Louisville City FC.

"The recent change in leadership in the University of Louisville athletic department opened the door for a partnership with Louisville City, one both sides regard as beneficial.

Louisville athletic director Vince Tyra is also a part-owner of Louisville City, and the university's facility discussions with Louisville City began around the time of Tyra's permanent hire in March"

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/soccer/louisville-city-fc/2018/06/18/louisville-city-wins-lynn-stadium-whyd-take-so-long/701573002/

But... But... this can't be.

If you read the article, it was noted that they only wanted to use Papa John's or Lynn Field for International Friendly's or US Open Cup games, which require a large dimension field.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

You...you do realize that his post goes on to explain that the new Louisville AD is open to a partnership...right?

You... do realize that I was talking about when Louisville's soccer team was just starting up Jurich "wanted NO part of it" which is what I was saying.

But by all means keep coming on here and leaving your little snipes instead of OWNING IT.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Def Berkkat - 07-03-2018 03:24 PM

Oh, and can somebody swing by Not Duane's house and see of he's ok? I think his head may have exploded.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearhawkeye - 07-03-2018 04:11 PM

(07-03-2018 03:21 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 02:01 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  But... But... this can't be.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

You... do realize that I was talking about when Louisville's soccer team was just starting up Jurich "wanted NO part of it" which is what I was saying.

But by all means keep coming on here and leaving your little snipes instead of OWNING IT.

It sounds to me like UL was initially against it and now after seeing how well it has worked for UC and FCC is now open to it. Isn't that the point? I'm not sure how that ends up being an argument that we somehow screwed up or embarrassed ourselves by partnering with FCC.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 07-03-2018 05:06 PM

(07-03-2018 03:24 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  Oh, and can somebody swing by Not Duane's house and see of he's ok? I think his head may have exploded.

Or maybe just check on his computer. Based on his last post, I think his cap lock key got stuck.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Not Duane - 07-03-2018 11:22 PM

(07-03-2018 03:24 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  Oh, and can somebody swing by Not Duane's house and see of he's ok? I think his head may have exploded.

No...the only thing that exploded was the point you were trying to make.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Cataclysmo - 07-05-2018 12:11 PM

(07-03-2018 03:21 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 02:01 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  But... But... this can't be.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

Your original point was that no other big name schools would support a deal similar to our deal with FCC.

We already told you about OSU.

And now it appears Louisville will too.

Everytime you're wrong, you just pretend like you were referring to another point in time...you didn't mean OSU 20 years ago! You were referring to OSU in 2018. Oh, and you didn't mean Louisville in 2018. You were referring to Louisville of 20 years ago! How convienant.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcat2012 - 09-17-2018 03:58 PM

The worst defilement of Nippert possible has occurred.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - OKIcat - 09-17-2018 04:05 PM

(09-17-2018 03:58 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  The worst defilement of Nippert possible has occurred.

Was it X fan appreciation night at FCC? Great opportunity for those folks to see one of the nation's finest campuses, including the "Wrigley Field of college football".

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 09-17-2018 04:08 PM

(09-17-2018 04:05 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(09-17-2018 03:58 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  The worst defilement of Nippert possible has occurred.

Was it X fan appreciation night at FCC? Great opportunity for those folks to see one of the nation's finest campuses, including the "Wrigley Field of college football".

Happy they got to experience what it's like being on a real campus at a real university, in a beautiful, top of the line stadium. Even X alumni should get to see how their betters live every now and then.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - TubaCat - 09-17-2018 04:12 PM

I think it's wonderful that those folks got the opportunity to see a big time campus like UC. I'm sure it was a special evening that they won't forget!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmill - 09-17-2018 10:03 PM

This was their Make-A-Wish moment. Once in a lifetime opportunity to experience a top tier university.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - RealDeal - 09-18-2018 09:10 AM

I don't care how much you love soccer. If you pay more than double the tuition to get a lesser education I'd be embarrassed to step on our campus.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcat2012 - 09-18-2018 09:47 AM

I apologize for the original post . I didn't know the back story of the photo. I thought random X alumni were holding their flag on our football field and jokingly I thought that would rile people up around here. My bad.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 09-18-2018 09:53 AM

(09-18-2018 09:47 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  I apologize for the original post . I didn't know the back story of the photo. I thought random X alumni were holding their flag on our football field and jokingly I thought that would rile people up around here. My bad.

I think it's great, actually. It reinforces all of the reasons an X grad would have to come to UC - FC, big time college football, CCM, interesting lectures, restaurants nearby. At X, you have.........mass?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 09-18-2018 10:08 AM

(09-18-2018 09:47 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  I apologize for the original post . I didn't know the back story of the photo. I thought random X alumni were holding their flag on our football field and jokingly I thought that would rile people up around here. My bad.

You're fine. We're a tougher bunch than that. We understand X alumni enjoying themselves on a real college campus.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - TubaCat - 09-18-2018 10:21 AM

I ain't mad. I'm legitimately pleased that those misguided folks were immersed in our beautiful campus all evening... it makes it harder for them to deny that UC will always be the alpha dog around here, despite having a down y̶e̶a̶r̶ decade in the Crosstown Shootout.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Def Berkkat - 09-18-2018 12:12 PM

I like how the C-paw in the background ominously towers over that pack of grovelings.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearhawkeye - 09-25-2018 10:41 AM

I haven't seen the play or how Alabama's walls compare to our old configuration, but I think the larger point is that there is some legitimate injury concern in having walls too close to the actual football field of play. Is anybody still upset about the cut-outs, particularly given the attendance numbers?

Dylan Moses' sideline crash into wall, security guard prompts changes at Bryant-Denny Stadium