CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 06-27-2018 03:47 PM

(06-27-2018 03:22 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 02:53 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 01:35 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 01:00 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 07:51 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  I think the origin of the FCC ill will was that if we weren't stuck slummin' in the G5, we wouldn't have had to even consider this whole sideshow.

But as it is, we have been reduced to saying "well... they say they'll buy us a new video board."

What would O$U say if the Crew approached them about crashing in their stadium for a couple of seasons until they got their own place? O$U has the money for a new video board in their car ashtray. They wouldn't even let the Crew step on campus.

So this is all a pride thing for you. You'd rather the stadium remain dormant because it hurts you feelings that a team willing to pony up improvements and $$ would like to share the stadium when FB is NOT using it.

You'd rather the AD dry up than cut a deal that makes the reality of the situation workable.

Some would say that is the opinion of a fool.

So NOW our athletic department is totally dependent on FCC.

And I'M the obtuse one...

Dude you're argument was that no other AD would make this move and then when Mark told you that one of the best Ad's in the country (OSU) made the exact same move (which you said would never happen) you're jumping through hoops to save yourself. Now youre just randomly throwing Louisville out there like they have any relevance to the conversation. Your OSU post was dead wrong, your argument makes no sense, and you have yet to explain the downside to all the benefits FCC have provided.

You know what, I stand by my prior posts.

It's exhausting talking in circles with 65 different people who are always right.

But I extend a message of gratitude to FCC, without whom the University of Cincinnati would not exist.

If 65 people generally agree and they have the opposite opinion of you, you're either a sage, or you may need to digger a bit deeper.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Def Berkkat - 06-27-2018 04:21 PM

(06-27-2018 03:47 PM)geef Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 01:35 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 01:00 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  So this is all a pride thing for you. You'd rather the stadium remain dormant because it hurts you feelings that a team willing to pony up improvements and $$ would like to share the stadium when FB is NOT using it.

You'd rather the AD dry up than cut a deal that makes the reality of the situation workable.

Some would say that is the opinion of a fool.

So NOW our athletic department is totally dependent on FCC.

Dude you're argument was that no other AD would make this move and then when Mark told you that one of the best Ad's in the country (OSU) made the exact same move (which you said would never happen) you're jumping through hoops to save yourself. Now youre just randomly throwing Louisville out there like they have any relevance to the conversation. Your OSU post was dead wrong, your argument makes no sense, and you have yet to explain the downside to all the benefits FCC have provided.

It's exhausting talking in circles with 65 different people who are always right.

But I extend a message of gratitude to FCC, without whom the University of Cincinnati would not exist.

If 65 people generally agree and they have the opposite opinion of you, you're either a sage, or you may need to digger a bit deeper.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

That's what all you pack mentality types just... don't... get.

But by all means don't let any of that stop any of you from telling me how I need to think.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ragpicker - 06-27-2018 05:25 PM

(06-27-2018 01:10 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 12:49 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  You know Millie, not that I care what you think, but back in the day these used to be called "discussion" boards, where people of all opinions could come on and offer up what they thought.

Now they've become ME AND THIS GUY AND THIS GUY AND THIS GUY ALL SAY THIS AND IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH US YOU'RE STUUUUUUPID boards because a segment of the US population just can't take it when someone sees something differently and just has to stomp out anyone that does.

Yes, it is true I'm not an insider to the Louisville situation. I don't have to be. All I know is that UL and UC were in the same situation and it is a FACT that Louisville's minor league soccer team doesn't play in their stadium.

So quit banging your spoon on your highchair every time I say something and deal with it.

Again this doesn't tell you anything. There is no indication Louisville FC approached or had any desire to use Louisville's stadium for their soccer team. Louisville FC found their own temporary deal while they built a stadium. We had an owner and a university that saw mutual benefit and worked together to make it happen. (Much like OSU did with the Crew back in the day).

Mark, why don't you use that law degree and request the complete financial deal between FCC, MLS, and UC under the Information Act since UC is a public entity.

Let's see the terms and conditions. The real ones - not the BS out of VV or Berding. Snowball Santa is gone so maybe the truth will come out.

How is UC's deal compared to Georgia Tech's?

If it is a solid deal for UC then I'm all for closing the gap of not being P5. Or did we cave like the USL deal for peanuts and so-called commitments that were not honored?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 06-27-2018 06:18 PM

(06-27-2018 11:44 AM)djtothemoney Wrote:  [Image: Nippert%20stadium%20architect%20rendering.JPG]

Let's just go back to this stadium. No sound, no video boards, no lights so the people who have a hard on for bashing FCC can be happy.

At least there aren't any unsightly notches...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 06-27-2018 06:49 PM

(06-26-2018 04:05 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 03:50 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 02:39 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 02:32 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 10:16 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  http://amp.wcpo.com/2628406204/fc-cincinnati-proposes-more-significant-changes-at-nippert-stadium-until-its-own-stadium-is-ready.html

FC Cincinnati proposes more significant changes at Nippert Stadium until its own stadium is ready
New turf, LED boards, revamped locker room
By Laurel Pfahler | WCPO contributor | Updated June 26, 2018, 8:10 a.m. EDT

CINCINNATI -- FC Cincinnati officials are still having conversations with the University of Cincinnati about what improvements are needed to make Nippert Stadium ready for Major League Soccer, but the discussions apparently advanced enough to satisfy the league before awarding Cincinnati an expansion bid last month.

The club, in a series of changes already completed, spent more than $2 million to widen the field last year to meet FIFA standards, and this year FCC purchased digital sponsorship boards, which now back the eastern sideline on game days.

More significant changes are on the way for FCC's two-year extended stay at Nippert as an MLS franchise. The club will be building a soccer-specific stadium in the West End, but it is not expected to be ready until 2021, so FCC will play its first two MLS seasons at Nippert.

"We obviously have a great relationship with the University of Cincinnati, and we're going through the process of working with them now," FCC president and general manager Jeff Berding said. "Everything is going to be on our nickel, and these are improvements they can benefit from too. … In our conversations with our partners at the University of Cincinnati, the sense is the changes are changes that will be good for the University of Cincinnati."

Berding said some of the issues the club is looking at -- based on recommendations or requirements from MLS -- include new turf, changing the current players' lounge under the east side of the Bailey into a visitors' locker room, enhanced technology in the scoreboard rooms and expanding the LED sponsorship boards along the endlines.

With help from the university, FCC already rewired and moved one of its broadcast cameras down to the main concourse to meet MLS' preference for lower camera angles, and the other improvements completed the past two years were done with a move to MLS in mind.

Team owner Carl Lindner III donated money to help UC pay for a new video board, which was installed late last summer and is four times larger than the previous one, and the sound system was upgraded and a distributed antenna system put in place for better cell phone coverage around the stadium.

According to the university, in response to a public records request, there are currently no bids or RFPs for changes to the stadium or playing field and no contracts have been changed or updated in the last seven months since FCC made its pitch to the MLS expansion board back in December.

"We are excited to host FC Cincinnati as they bring Major League Soccer to Nippert Stadium," UC director of athletics Mike Bohn said. "The University has been a founding partner with the club since Day 1, and we have enjoyed being a part of their meteoric rise over the past three years.

"We are proud to have worked with FCC on a number of stadium initiatives, which has enhanced the game day experience for our collective fan base. We are early in the process of collaborating with the club on potential improvements for the 2019 season and will announce details as they are finalized and approved."

Any major changes, such as the locker room renovations (including installing showers) and new turf, would need to be done after the UC football season; however, it's a short window until the MLS season begins in March.

Berding declined to comment on the estimated cost for the improvements, but MLS commissioner Don Garber said last month that FCC promised to make significant investments into preparing the facility to MLS standards.

"They've got a stadium they're going to work with us on as part of their expansion bid -- renovations and other investments they'll make in the stadium to make it what we call MLS-ready," Garber said. "Some of that is technology-related, some of that is lighting and some of it is other investments they need to make, but it was a significant financial investment they had to make to ensure that facility will be ready for MLS next season."
[/i]

That place that's the current FCC players lounge that they want to convert to a visitors locker room used to be a medical treatment room for football where the players would get IVs, initial evaluation, and minor treatment just before and during the games. Now it's locked up on our game day and full of couches for the soccer boys so our guys have to walk up and down the steps to the main training room to get treatment. Thanks FCC.

Oh horrors....they'll load them on a cart and drive them to the appropriate facility for treatment...note that PT facilities are right next to the stadium for Chrissakes--that's where I rehabbed my knee. Staffed by professionals. I also got my MRI there.

Step back from the ledge.

Wow, you can drive a cart up the stairs to the training room in Lindner center? Who knew? Sounds like you're unaware of the difference, but we're talking in-game medical treatment, not physical therapy and rehab. It means what was a convenient place for things like a quick IV, etc...is now not as convenient and keeps a player off the field and out of the game longer.

Think for a minute...if a player breaks a leg, they have to have a way to wheel him over to a facility near the field for an x-ray. That capability is already there. Setting up that space for IV's and other "in-game" treatment won't be that big of a stretch.

To go further...who is to say that the remodeled space can't also be used for such treatment. If you design the space properly it can serve both functions...unless you've seen blueprints that I haven't.

Total overreaction.

I guess when you're losing an argument you like to keep moving the goal posts until it fits your narrative. I'm talking about minor situations that need a quick fix in a closed private space, not major game ending injuries where players are transported to areas for definitive evaluation, imaging, and treatment. The point remains that space originally built for the school's football team for the above mentioned purpose is now being appropriated by a private business and no longer available for the staff and players use.
Hopefully, the taxpayers of Clermont Co. will soon have to pony up for a separate training center for the billionaire family's vanity project and they'll be out of our areas except during their game days. Grifters gotta grift.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JJ_Bearcats - 06-27-2018 07:30 PM

(06-27-2018 04:21 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 03:47 PM)geef Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 01:35 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  So NOW our athletic department is totally dependent on FCC.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

That's what all you pack mentality types just... don't... get.

But by all means don't let any of that stop any of you from telling me how I need to think.

From what I have read, I have seen people refute your arguments with facts (O$U/Crew), point out that your conjectures are just your opinion and give conjecture to the contrary (UL and LCFC), and have also provided examples of benefits of the arrangement (listed ad nauseam here).

Nobody is trying to "tell you how to think", however you are engaging in a debate, and therein you will find dissenting opinions. Your "slamming your spoon on your highchair" (implying your opponent is a baby), "Millie", and your initial "millennial" quips may have attributed to more spirited responses that you seem to not have been a fan of. So when you post your opinion, others may see fit to correct certain aspects that may be askew and to offer counterpoints that may add to your depth of knowledge on the subject.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JJ_Bearcats - 06-27-2018 07:41 PM

(06-27-2018 05:25 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 01:10 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 12:49 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  You know Millie, not that I care what you think, but back in the day these used to be called "discussion" boards, where people of all opinions could come on and offer up what they thought.

Now they've become ME AND THIS GUY AND THIS GUY AND THIS GUY ALL SAY THIS AND IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH US YOU'RE STUUUUUUPID boards because a segment of the US population just can't take it when someone sees something differently and just has to stomp out anyone that does.

Yes, it is true I'm not an insider to the Louisville situation. I don't have to be. All I know is that UL and UC were in the same situation and it is a FACT that Louisville's minor league soccer team doesn't play in their stadium.

So quit banging your spoon on your highchair every time I say something and deal with it.

Again this doesn't tell you anything. There is no indication Louisville FC approached or had any desire to use Louisville's stadium for their soccer team. Louisville FC found their own temporary deal while they built a stadium. We had an owner and a university that saw mutual benefit and worked together to make it happen. (Much like OSU did with the Crew back in the day).

Mark, why don't you use that law degree and request the complete financial deal between FCC, MLS, and UC under the Information Act since UC is a public entity.

Let's see the terms and conditions. The real ones - not the BS out of VV or Berding. Snowball Santa is gone so maybe the truth will come out.

How is UC's deal compared to Georgia Tech's?

If it is a solid deal for UC then I'm all for closing the gap of not being P5. Or did we cave like the USL deal for peanuts and so-called commitments that were not honored?

My understanding is the deal between the new MLS FCC and UC would be negotiated in the following months after the announcement. Therefore, details may still be in the works.

Care to elaborate on the bolded. Can you give me another example of a lucrative deal with a minor league USL team? What hasn't been honored?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Not Duane - 06-28-2018 12:26 AM

(06-27-2018 06:49 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 04:05 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 03:50 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 02:39 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(06-26-2018 02:32 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  That place that's the current FCC players lounge that they want to convert to a visitors locker room used to be a medical treatment room for football where the players would get IVs, initial evaluation, and minor treatment just before and during the games. Now it's locked up on our game day and full of couches for the soccer boys so our guys have to walk up and down the steps to the main training room to get treatment. Thanks FCC.

Oh horrors....they'll load them on a cart and drive them to the appropriate facility for treatment...note that PT facilities are right next to the stadium for Chrissakes--that's where I rehabbed my knee. Staffed by professionals. I also got my MRI there.

Step back from the ledge.

Wow, you can drive a cart up the stairs to the training room in Lindner center? Who knew? Sounds like you're unaware of the difference, but we're talking in-game medical treatment, not physical therapy and rehab. It means what was a convenient place for things like a quick IV, etc...is now not as convenient and keeps a player off the field and out of the game longer.

Think for a minute...if a player breaks a leg, they have to have a way to wheel him over to a facility near the field for an x-ray. That capability is already there. Setting up that space for IV's and other "in-game" treatment won't be that big of a stretch.

To go further...who is to say that the remodeled space can't also be used for such treatment. If you design the space properly it can serve both functions...unless you've seen blueprints that I haven't.

Total overreaction.

I guess when you're losing an argument you like to keep moving the goal posts until it fits your narrative. I'm talking about minor situations that need a quick fix in a closed private space, not major game ending injuries where players are transported to areas for definitive evaluation, imaging, and treatment. The point remains that space originally built for the school's football team for the above mentioned purpose is now being appropriated by a private business and no longer available for the staff and players use.
Hopefully, the taxpayers of Clermont Co. will soon have to pony up for a separate training center for the billionaire family's vanity project and they'll be out of our areas except during their game days. Grifters gotta grift.

...and how...exactly...do you know that? Why do you dismiss the use of the space for both purposes?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - ucbandguy - 06-28-2018 09:47 AM

In one sense, the real defilement of Nippert came in 1968 when the Bengals were given a sweetheart deal to play there for two seasons. (City of Cincinnati essentially forced them into it.) On Sundays, it was really difficult to get onto the campus, including the library. UC got a new scoreboard (not that good of one), and very little money.

However, I also remember a tight end for the Bengals breaking a kneecap on the brick wall, southwest endzone. (I think it was Bruce Coslet - not certain - lost for the year.) So while I am not a big fan of the notches, I understand the safety argument.

To date, we have gotten a lot more out of the Lindner family and the FCC than we ever did from the Brown family and the Bengals. So even if you are not in favor of what FCC has done (I am neutral) we should keep it in perspective.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmill - 06-28-2018 08:10 PM

(06-27-2018 12:49 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 12:11 PM)bearcatmill Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 11:35 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 10:13 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 09:15 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  No, they wouldn't.

Noting that Louisville passed on the goldmine of opportunity to let a minor league soccer team play in their stadium.

Why you ask? They don't NEED it.

If UC's in the P5 making P5 money, we don't even look at FCC,

Who says Louisville passed? Who says that was something Louisville really pursued or that Louisville didn't already have a deal they liked more in place?

Ohio State literally did the exact same thing. Whether UC was making major conference money or not... the marketing for the school. the people at the facility during down times, the boom to the local business during those time, the parking revenue, the revenue from the gate, the concessions revenue, and the partnership with a family that has been one of the universities biggest benefactors all made the deal worth it whether UC was in a better league or not.

Well... they're not playing in Louisville's stadium. If this is such a winner of a situation, I guess Louisville's marketing dept is asleep at the wheel.

The only thing your saying that I'm buying is the fact that the Lindners are involved. Money talks.

Two decades ago at O$U... who knows. It was a different world then. Maybe they were just being civic minded. All I know is that O$U football isn't what it is today because they let the Crew use their stadium for two seasons last century.

And the discussion isn't THAT FCC is using our stadium. It's that they've been there two years now with a minimum of two more and insisting on making alterations... whether they're a big deal or not.

The whole "millennial in the basement" comparison is not THAT they move in... it's that they don't leave. They're wearing out their welcome.

...and that stadium's not built yet.

Derf you seem to argue for arguments sake. Facts are osu engaged in similar situation. You have no clue what the Loserville situation was. First and foremost, Nippert has received upgrades on someone else's dime, UC's has generated extra income, UC has free marketing and generated good will in the community. This is a win win for both parties involved. UC would have been remarkably stupid not to do this no matter what conference they saw themselves within. Do not be so obtuse.

You know Millie, not that I care what you think, but back in the day these used to be called "discussion" boards, where people of all opinions could come on and offer up what they thought.

You obviously do care, since you took the time to respond and started making juvenile remarks. Opinions are more than welcome. However, you admit your opinion is not based on any insider knowledge. Facts have been presented to refute your opinion. Just admit it when you are in over your skis.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - SuperFlyBCat - 06-29-2018 05:08 PM

FC Cincy to MLS is an amazing story. Mecklenburg Gardens will need to open a 2nd location near the new stadium.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Dannyboy - 07-01-2018 09:21 PM

(06-27-2018 11:44 AM)djtothemoney Wrote:  [Image: Nippert%20stadium%20architect%20rendering.JPG]

Let's just go back to this stadium. No sound, no video boards, no lights so the people who have a hard on for bashing FCC can be happy.

I would actually love that.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CardinalJim - 07-02-2018 01:33 PM

(06-27-2018 09:15 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 08:31 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Yes. They do

No, they wouldn't.

Noting that Louisville passed on the goldmine of opportunity to let a minor league soccer team play in their stadium.

Who says Louisville passed? Who says that was something Louisville really pursued or that Louisville didn't already have a deal they liked more in place?

Ohio State literally did the exact same thing. Whether UC was making major conference money or not... the marketing for the school. the people at the facility during down times, the boom to the local business during those time, the parking revenue, the revenue from the gate, the concessions revenue, and the partnership with a family that has been one of the universities biggest benefactors all made the deal worth it whether UC was in a better league or not.

I am a season ticket holder for LouCity FC, and UofL Soccer. When Jurich was at UofL he wanted no part of helping Louisville City FC.

"The recent change in leadership in the University of Louisville athletic department opened the door for a partnership with Louisville City, one both sides regard as beneficial.

Louisville athletic director Vince Tyra is also a part-owner of Louisville City, and the university's facility discussions with Louisville City began around the time of Tyra's permanent hire in March"

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/soccer/louisville-city-fc/2018/06/18/louisville-city-wins-lynn-stadium-whyd-take-so-long/701573002/

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Def Berkkat - 07-02-2018 02:01 PM

(07-02-2018 01:33 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

No, they wouldn't.

I am a season ticket holder for LouCity FC, and UofL Soccer. When Jurich was at UofL he wanted no part of helping Louisville City FC.

"The recent change in leadership in the University of Louisville athletic department opened the door for a partnership with Louisville City, one both sides regard as beneficial.

Louisville athletic director Vince Tyra is also a part-owner of Louisville City, and the university's facility discussions with Louisville City began around the time of Tyra's permanent hire in March"

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/soccer/louisville-city-fc/2018/06/18/louisville-city-wins-lynn-stadium-whyd-take-so-long/701573002/

But... But... this can't be.

EVERYONE on this board said I was wrong when I said this.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - djtothemoney - 07-02-2018 03:34 PM

(07-02-2018 02:01 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  

No, they wouldn't.

If you read the article, it was noted that they only wanted to use Papa John's or Lynn Field for International Friendly's or US Open Cup games, which require a large dimension field.

If LCFC went to Louisville with the same amount of cash that FCC went to UC with, I'd be surprised if they said no.

Also, Lynn Stadium is grass, they were concerned about the health of the field, not so much an issue on turf.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Def Berkkat - 07-02-2018 03:40 PM

(07-02-2018 03:34 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 09:15 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  No, they wouldn't.

If you read the article, it was noted that they only wanted to use Papa John's or Lynn Field for International Friendly's or US Open Cup games, which require a large dimension field.

If LCFC went to Louisville with the same amount of cash that FCC went to UC with, I'd be surprised if they said no.

Also, Lynn Stadium is grass, they were concerned about the health of the field, not so much an issue on turf.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - DownOnRohs - 07-02-2018 03:59 PM

(07-02-2018 03:40 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 10:13 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Who says Louisville passed? Who says that was something Louisville really pursued or that Louisville didn't already have a deal they liked more in place?

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

People didn't say you were wrong. You admitted you had know idea about that whole situation, then people chimed in and said you can't compare apples to oranges anyway so it's irrelevant what happened between UL and Louisville FC.

Help me understand what your gripe is exactly? Is it seriously the notches in the horseshoe that got taken out of Nippert? Does that really upset you that much?
Because out of all the changes that FCC has made to Nippert, that is the only one I can think of that somebody might take exception to. All the other changes have enhanced Nippert, haven't they?

1 negative vs a dozen positives. And when FCC is gone it's not like UC can't put seats back where those notches are.

It's already been proven that your theory about how a "big time" university wouldn't accommodate an upstart soccer team is wrong. I'm just trying to understand why you are so passionate about this when most people really don't feel so strongly one way or the other about our beautiful stadium being shared with more people than it otherwise wouldn't be.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Def Berkkat - 07-02-2018 04:33 PM

(07-02-2018 03:59 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 01:33 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I am a season ticket holder for LouCity FC, and UofL Soccer. When Jurich was at UofL he wanted no part of helping Louisville City FC.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

People didn't say you were wrong. You admitted you had know idea about that whole situation, then people chimed in and said you can't compare apples to oranges anyway so it's irrelevant what happened between UL and Louisville FC.

Help me understand what your gripe is exactly? Is it seriously the notches in the horseshoe that got taken out of Nippert? Does that really upset you that much?
Because out of all the changes that FCC has made to Nippert, that is the only one I can think of that somebody might take exception to. All the other changes have enhanced Nippert, haven't they?

1 negative vs a dozen positives. And when FCC is gone it's not like UC can't put seats back where those notches are.

It's already been proven that your theory about how a "big time" university wouldn't accommodate an upstart soccer team is wrong. I'm just trying to understand why you are so passionate about this when most people really don't feel so strongly one way or the other about our beautiful stadium being shared with more people than it otherwise wouldn't be.

OWN IT.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - uchoops - 07-02-2018 05:22 PM

Who cares...much ado about nothing

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Not Duane - 07-02-2018 07:45 PM

(07-02-2018 04:33 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 03:59 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 02:01 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  But... But... this can't be.

Just own it, dude.

I was right.

OWN IT.

It hurts your little feelings that the AD wants another revenue stream.

Guess what...

THEY NEED ANOTHER REVENUE STREAM...BADLY!!!

You complain that it makes UC FB seem "small time"...I have news for you...

THEY ARE SMALL TIME!!!!

Prove the opposite...show me the Bowl wins and the NC trophies.

THERE AREN'T ANY.

OWN THAT!!!!