CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 03-02-2017 01:21 PM

(03-02-2017 01:14 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:54 PM)crex043 Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:01 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Kids these days never get the chance to goof off on Nippert field like in the old days. It is either always under construction or hosting a soccer game.
Gosh, where will all these poor kids toss frisbees?

With all due respect, open access to the Nippert field is one of its biggest charms. My kid will be a Bearcat fan for life because of summer afternoons on that field running plays we created and named after UC players.

Access to that field is part of student life. They are paying for it.

Are they planning to not allow open access to Nippert? Am I missing something?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Crewdogz - 03-02-2017 01:43 PM

I know my older boys and I used to go down on the field after the games and play (I did this with my father as well)... I can't do that now, although I can go to Sheakley Lawn ... no where close to as exciting/good... Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 03-02-2017 02:40 PM

(03-02-2017 01:21 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:01 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Kids these days never get the chance to goof off on Nippert field like in the old days. It is either always under construction or hosting a soccer game.

With all due respect, open access to the Nippert field is one of its biggest charms. My kid will be a Bearcat fan for life because of summer afternoons on that field running plays we created and named after UC players.

Just no access during all the construction of the last few years.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 03-02-2017 06:21 PM

(03-02-2017 02:40 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  

FCC and I believe lacrosse has dibs on it as well, along with any other scheduling through the organization who handles that.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - MercerCo_BearCat - 03-02-2017 10:38 PM

(03-02-2017 06:21 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:40 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:54 PM)crex043 Wrote:  Gosh, where will all these poor kids toss frisbees?

FCC and I believe lacrosse has dibs on it as well, along with any other scheduling through the organization who handles that.

UC Athletics, Band, and FCC have first dibs and it's closed then.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 04-16-2017 10:14 AM

23,000+ defiled Nippert for the season opener last night. 4-0 victory, 4 goals by one player. Great crowd on campus in non-peak season. Local businesses thriving. This defilement continues to be so terrible.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 04-16-2017 10:20 AM

Soccer fan checks in after game to spike round checkered ball.

Just kidding but I was waiting for it!

We wanted to go last night but my kid had a HS doubleheader which is an idiotic way to spend the Saturday before Easter.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 04-16-2017 10:55 AM

Finding a seat after kickoff was a real chore. I think they sold more tickets than they had available seats. It was bad enough that during halftime, some FCC officials came and took down the tarp in the southeast bleachers in order to free up more seats. During the first half groups of students would make their way down the bleachers on the south end zone and then stand like unherded sheep as there were no seats available for them.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 04-16-2017 10:58 AM

(04-16-2017 10:55 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  Finding a seat after kickoff was a real chore. I think they sold more tickets than they had available seats. It was bad enough that during halftime, some FCC officials came and took down the tarp in the southeast bleachers in order to free up more seats. During the first half groups of students would make their way down the bleachers on the south end zone and then stand like unherded sheep as there were no seats available for them.

You mean they sell the tickets as general admission with no assigned seating?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 04-16-2017 11:00 AM

Some of the seating, I believe so. The $10 variety.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 04-16-2017 11:04 AM

The south endzone is all GA seats, whereas most of the sidelines are assigned/higher priced seats. The Bailey is also GA, with parts of it roped off for snowflakes and prima-donnas.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 04-16-2017 11:27 AM

(04-16-2017 11:04 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  The south endzone is all GA seats, whereas most of the sidelines are assigned/higher priced seats. The Bailey is also GA, with parts of it roped off for snowflakes and prima-donnas.

I believe some of it is roped off for specific supporters groups, and then more specific people in those groups who have been authorized by the team to use smoke.

Though the Bailey was GA last year, and technically still is I suppose, most if not all seats in that section are sold out for the year because they were all sold as season tix.

The Bailey isn't quite my thing. I don't want to sing, play instruments, or have flags waved in my face all game. But those folks love it, and it certainly adds to the atmosphere of FCC games. I wouldn't want to partake, but enjoy observing from a distance.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 04-16-2017 11:35 AM

(04-16-2017 11:04 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  The south endzone is all GA seats, whereas most of the sidelines are assigned/higher priced seats. The Bailey is also GA, with parts of it roped off for snowflakes and prima-donnas.

Similar to doss' box, then?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 04-16-2017 12:00 PM

Hmmm, with crowds this big for the lower bowl, maybe removing all those seats wasn't such a hot idea after all...05-stirthepot

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Cataclysmo - 04-16-2017 12:14 PM

For those who didn't go, it really was a tremendous atmosphere. As someone who dreams of professional soccer in Cincinnati, it really got me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 04-16-2017 12:18 PM

(04-16-2017 12:00 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  Hmmm, with crowds this big for the lower bowl, maybe removing all those seats wasn't such a hot idea after all...05-stirthepot

Or they could just open up the upper deck?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 04-16-2017 12:20 PM

(04-16-2017 11:35 AM)geef Wrote:  

Similar to doss' box, then?

Looks like your average day on "Let's make a deal" then?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 04-16-2017 12:27 PM

(04-16-2017 12:14 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  For those who didn't go, it really was a tremendous atmosphere. As someone who dreams of professional soccer in Cincinnati, it really got me.

As a sincere question, there does seem to be a big hunger for soccer here, so why isn't there more interest and better attendance for UC's soccer teams vs what is a nascent minor league franchise? What accounts for the really wide differences in attendance? Is it just marketing?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 04-16-2017 12:38 PM

(04-16-2017 12:27 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(04-16-2017 12:14 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  For those who didn't go, it really was a tremendous atmosphere. As someone who dreams of professional soccer in Cincinnati, it really got me.

As a sincere question, there does seem to be a big hunger for soccer here, so why isn't there more interest and better attendance for UC's soccer teams vs what is a nascent minor league franchise? What accounts for the really wide differences in attendance? Is it just marketing?

I would say that marketing may be the biggest issue. When my kids played high school soccer, I would have gladly brought them to campus to watch UC play, but you never hear about them. I do know that NKU does do some marketing to the high schools and gets decent numbers to their games.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 04-16-2017 01:06 PM

Bob Williams
@williamsbob75

.@fccincinnati had the second highest attendance over the weekend, including every MLS game
Orlando 25527
#FCCincy 23144
Vancouver 22120

1/