CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 11-18-2017 12:12 PM

(11-18-2017 11:47 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Claw backs don't have room for interpretation. Binary solution.

Creativity and thinking around corners is what deal makers in corporate law do.

It's not hard. His Nibs and his cronies want everything they want where they want it, and they want $$ to do it. FCC fans are brainwashed into thinking this is the only way because hatbis what they have been told and they eat it up. It's what pro sports fans do. There are so many ways to make this work but exactly zero if the party seeking free money doesn't want to play the game.

If you had a thriving business would you want to go into business with mike brown. Please answer that.

I don’t care what the city politicians say. It’s what the mls says that matters. They hold all of the cards as they have plenty of demand for a product(mls franchises) that they have complete control over. If they don’t want shared stadiums anymore then they don’t have to award franchises to cities that won’t bite. ITS NOT THAT HARD.

To be clear I don’t think it should be in Cincinnati as those taxpayers have been hit with two stadiums already. I’m just saying that to continue to bang the PBS drum seems pointless.

Mls demands aside it would destroy the very enjoyable atmosphere at FCC games. Which is a huge part of the appeal of soccer. People are actually engaged and watching the game.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 11-18-2017 12:16 PM

Btw it’s still not out of the question that everyone gets what they want. Maybe the lindners get called in the Newport bluff and pay for it all and still build in Oakley and Order is restored in the world.

That would be a minor miracle.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - levydl - 11-18-2017 12:37 PM

(11-18-2017 09:45 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  PBS could be made to work for football and soccer but the MLS has been very clear that a dedicated stadium is required. Portune is playing to his base who are still POd over the County getting fleeced for PBS and GABP.

As long as Hamilton County votes majority blue...Portune and Driehaus are what you are going to get...

idiots like them are why I live in Greater Cincinnati but not Hamilton County. I got wise and got out.

So we should vote Republican so that they will hand our tax money to billionaire trust funders to pay for their toys? Bob Bedinghaus for Governor.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mptnstr@44 - 11-18-2017 01:18 PM

(11-18-2017 12:37 PM)levydl Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 09:45 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  PBS could be made to work for football and soccer but the MLS has been very clear that a dedicated stadium is required. Portune is playing to his base who are still POd over the County getting fleeced for PBS and GABP.

As long as Hamilton County votes majority blue...Portune and Driehaus are what you are going to get...

idiots like them are why I live in Greater Cincinnati but not Hamilton County. I got wise and got out.

So we should vote Republican so that they will hand our tax money to billionaire trust funders to pay for their toys? Bob Bedinghaus for Governor.

You can vote for whoever you like.
I don't care I don't live in Hamilton County anymore...

Go ahead and keep voting for the likes of Driehaus and Portune...
You can fund more choo choo trains to nowhere and fleece er shakedown more hospitals just like Yvette tried to do to Children's Hospital.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - InspectorHound - 11-18-2017 01:29 PM

(11-18-2017 09:45 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 11:59 PM)50Cent Wrote:  How big a joke is Portune? Dude has a press conference to push PBS like Cincinnati holds all the cards. Says he called MLS and wants an opportunity to show how PBS works. Win win win. So they set up a call and the county balks with Portune saying he can’t get all the people he needs in the call. Who does he need? Get on the phone and state your case. Watching their press conference, seeing them desperately push PBS, and today’s backing out of call have made this group look like a three ring circus. Seriously is this the best that we can get to run Hamilton county?

PBS could be made to work for football and soccer but the MLS has been very clear that a dedicated stadium is required. Portune is playing to his base who are still POd over the County getting fleeced for PBS and GABP.

You moved out of Hamilton County because you're a Republican upset that your tax money wasn't going towards handouts to billionaires?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - InspectorHound - 11-18-2017 01:30 PM

So much for the free market...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-18-2017 01:52 PM

(11-18-2017 12:16 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Btw it’s still not out of the question that everyone gets what they want. Maybe the lindners get called in the Newport bluff and pay for it all and still build in Oakley and Order is restored in the world.

The city is going to give them what they want. I don't pay taxes in the city limits so I really don't have a real dog in that fight.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - SuperFlyBCat - 11-18-2017 01:58 PM

(11-18-2017 01:30 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  So much for the free market...

Government often contributes to developments in various ways. Be that infrastructure, TIF, etc. Like the Banks development.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-18-2017 02:39 PM

(11-18-2017 01:52 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 12:16 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Btw it’s still not out of the question that everyone gets what they want. Maybe the lindners get called in the Newport bluff and pay for it all and still build in Oakley and Order is restored in the world.

The city is going to give them what they want. I don't pay taxes in the city limits so I really don't have a real dog in that fight.

I mean...how many people INSIDE the city limits do anyways? 03-lmfao

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mptnstr@44 - 11-18-2017 03:02 PM

(11-18-2017 02:39 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

ergo why the city is 200+M in debt.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - levydl - 11-18-2017 03:46 PM

(11-18-2017 01:18 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  Go ahead and keep voting for the likes of Driehaus and Portune...
You can fund more choo choo trains to nowhere and fleece er shakedown more hospitals just like Yvette tried to do to Children's Hospital.

Yet you want public spending on a soccer stadium and are cool with a billionaire shaking down the public? Yours is an odd political philosophy.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 11-18-2017 04:35 PM

(11-18-2017 09:45 AM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 11:59 PM)50Cent Wrote:  How big a joke is Portune? Dude has a press conference to push PBS like Cincinnati holds all the cards. Says he called MLS and wants an opportunity to show how PBS works. Win win win. So they set up a call and the county balks with Portune saying he can’t get all the people he needs in the call. Who does he need? Get on the phone and state your case. Watching their press conference, seeing them desperately push PBS, and today’s backing out of call have made this group look like a three ring circus. Seriously is this the best that we can get to run Hamilton county?

PBS could be made to work for football and soccer but the MLS has been very clear that a dedicated stadium is required. Portune is playing to his base who are still POd over the County getting fleeced for PBS and GABP.

...but Portune is doing the right thing.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Billy_Bearcat - 11-18-2017 04:42 PM

(11-18-2017 02:39 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Dayum! Burn!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - RealDeal - 11-18-2017 04:57 PM

(11-18-2017 04:35 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  ...but Portune is doing the right thing.

No he's not. We can debate whether we should be spending the money to build the infrastructure but continuing to push an idea that we know MLS won't approve makes him look stupid.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 11-18-2017 05:52 PM

(11-18-2017 04:57 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 04:35 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  ...but Portune is doing the right thing.

No he's not. We can debate whether we should be spending the money to build the infrastructure but continuing to push an idea that we know MLS won't approve makes him look stupid.

No it's actually pretty smart. 99% of county residents don't give a damn about pro soccer and will never attend a game, but many will definitely be upset about using public money to build yet another stadium for a billionaire family's vanity project. Most people are still pissed and sore over Bob Bengalhaus allowing the Brown family to write their own sweetheart lease and rubber stamping it. This makes Portune sound like he is trying to get additional use for PBS which we're already paying for rather than duplicating what is a perfectly acceptable, pre-existing infrastructure.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mptnstr@44 - 11-18-2017 06:06 PM

(11-18-2017 03:46 PM)levydl Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 01:18 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  Go ahead and keep voting for the likes of Driehaus and Portune...

Yet you want public spending on a soccer stadium and are cool with a billionaire shaking down the public? Yours is an odd political philosophy.

Where did I say I wanted public funding of a soccer stadium???? I think FCC should pay for it themselves. If they can't fund raise and build it...so be it. The MLS goes elsewhere.

I want government to spend money responsibly on what government is charged with safety, infrastructure, etc....things like making fixing (and paying for) the viaduct a priority and competitive bidding (allowing non union bidders) on the MSD project.

The choo choo to nowhere was supposed to be self supporting and it isn't and yet the Ds want to spend money they don't have (city is 200+M in debt) and expand it. And Dreihaus and Portune are against competitive bidding on the MSD project (doing the bidding of Big Labor).

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - levydl - 11-18-2017 08:47 PM

(11-18-2017 06:06 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  Where did I say I wanted public funding of a soccer stadium???? I think FCC should pay for it themselves. If they can't fund raise and build it...so be it. The MLS goes elsewhere.

Ah. I took you calling the county commissioners idiots to mean you thought what they were doing with FCC was bad. I'm glad that there are still political issues that can bring both sides together!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ring of Black - 11-18-2017 09:08 PM

Would a home football game for this season's team qualify as Nippert defilement?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 11-18-2017 09:21 PM

(11-18-2017 09:08 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Would a home football game for this season's team qualify as Nippert defilement?

The attendance would.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - GoCats1994 - 11-18-2017 10:56 PM

(11-18-2017 05:52 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 04:57 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  

No it's actually pretty smart. 99% of county residents don't give a damn about pro soccer and will never attend a game, but many will definitely be upset about using public money to build yet another stadium for a billionaire family's vanity project. Most people are still pissed and sore over Bob Bengalhaus allowing the Brown family to write their own sweetheart lease and rubber stamping it. This makes Portune sound like he is trying to get additional use for PBS which we're already paying for rather than duplicating what is a perfectly acceptable, pre-existing infrastructure.

Strictly speaking by the numbers, you are not correct. 807,000 Hamilton county residents... I can guarantee you more than 8,070 of those residents have attended a FC Cincy game.

I don't know what the right % is...but when you presume to speak for 99% of the people...you might want to think again

BTW - I happen to be on the side that agrees that gov't should not pay for stadiums...but it has nothing to do with whether I like soccer, football, or any other sport.