CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 02-26-2017 04:12 PM

(02-26-2017 01:07 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 08:36 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 07:55 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 07:03 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 06:36 PM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  I have season tickets for both football and soccer. They're both great to watch at nippert. I enjoy uc games more, but fcc season tickets were more than 50% cheaper than my football tickets for 18 home games. I would rather spend my money on campus than at a reds game. Before each game I usually buy dinner at the
student union or on Calhoun st.
Do you have the Meat Loaf and Green Beans?

Usually the spicy chicken at Chicfilet.

Crispy or grilled.

I usually go with Chicfilet because most of the Bernie lovers and snowflakes are still boycotting chicfilet. The line is usally non-existant on game day.

I will start lunching there after hearing it is a liberal free zone

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Crewdogz - 02-27-2017 08:29 AM

(02-25-2017 09:10 AM)Teakwood Wrote:  I meant to put this up earlier, I took it after the Tulane game. Sorry for the size, but I hope everyone can see it. I like the new side walls with what looks like LED lights. The cut-outs look more dramatic from the diagonal than along the side, but it's really hard to tell the visual impact at this time. I'll reserve judgement until the existing seats are put back in and the temporary seats are put in.

[img][Image: ECffByH.jpg][/img]

Good golly that is ugly... I wish they had stayed true in the corners and put a brick face on them... that lifeless concrete looks awful.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Demoengr - 02-27-2017 09:10 AM

If I remember right, the bid specs do call for brick. Ill reserve judgement once completed.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 02-27-2017 09:12 AM

I'll try to remember to snap a pic today. I'm over there for work this morning.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - UCBearcat4ever - 02-27-2017 11:13 AM

Pictures taken by @FCCTixGreg from 2 days ago

[Image: C5dGA0jXEAAqH-I?format=jpg&name=large][Image: C5dGA0hXEAAQ4ed?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - kmfloyd - 02-27-2017 11:13 AM

(02-27-2017 08:29 AM)Crewdogz Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 09:10 AM)Teakwood Wrote:  I meant to put this up earlier, I took it after the Tulane game. Sorry for the size, but I hope everyone can see it. I like the new side walls with what looks like LED lights. The cut-outs look more dramatic from the diagonal than along the side, but it's really hard to tell the visual impact at this time. I'll reserve judgement until the existing seats are put back in and the temporary seats are put in.

[img][Image: ECffByH.jpg][/img]

Good golly that is ugly... I wish they had stayed true in the corners and put a brick face on them... that lifeless concrete looks awful.

No where near finished product.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - kmfloyd - 02-27-2017 11:14 AM

(02-25-2017 12:30 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 11:20 AM)cincy7718 Wrote:  I still believe its a fad. Its new, so theres a lot of curiosity about it. The teams winning so theres a buzz, and the Reds have been absolutely atrocious so theres no competition. What happens in a few years when the newness is gone, and they have a lousy season competing with a Reds pennant race?

The people I know who have gone to games talk exclusively about the crowd and don't even know what's happening on the field until theres a goal. At which point they talk about the crowds reaction. I just don't see that as a sustainable model. If I'm wrong great, hopefully its a long term revenue stream for the Bearcats. At this point the stadiums already changed so might as well make money off it. Also I thought I read somewhere that if they ever leave FCC will pay to put the seating back to where it was. Is that correct?

This is correct.

Isn't that only if they leave in the first 3 years of the deal?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - TheGreatNate - 02-27-2017 11:44 AM

(02-27-2017 11:14 AM)kmfloyd Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 12:30 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 11:20 AM)cincy7718 Wrote:  I still believe its a fad. Its new, so theres a lot of curiosity about it. The teams winning so theres a buzz, and the Reds have been absolutely atrocious so theres no competition. What happens in a few years when the newness is gone, and they have a lousy season competing with a Reds pennant race?

The people I know who have gone to games talk exclusively about the crowd and don't even know what's happening on the field until theres a goal. At which point they talk about the crowds reaction. I just don't see that as a sustainable model. If I'm wrong great, hopefully its a long term revenue stream for the Bearcats. At this point the stadiums already changed so might as well make money off it. Also I thought I read somewhere that if they ever leave FCC will pay to put the seating back to where it was. Is that correct?

This is correct.

Isn't that only if they leave in the first 3 years of the deal?

I would think it would be for the entirety of the contract, but I don't know the specifics. Either way I don't think the corners get filled back in if/when FCC leaves. Bohn has said that their removal is for player safety. Gives FCC the perfect excuse to leave it as is when they leave.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan - 02-27-2017 12:00 PM

(02-27-2017 11:13 AM)UCBearcat4ever Wrote:  Pictures taken by @FCCTixGreg from 2 days ago

[Image: C5dGA0jXEAAqH-I?format=jpg&name=large][Image: C5dGA0hXEAAQ4ed?format=jpg&name=large]

Those pictures show that there is indeed brick on the cutouts. The cutouts still don't look great, but they will be covered in brick.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - djtothemoney - 02-27-2017 12:31 PM

I wasn't thrilled about any of this, but it doesn't impact me at all. My seats aren't being moved, I don't care about the minute amount of seats we are losing, and am hopeful that the finished product looks much better than we are expecting.

FCC isn't going away for the time being, they add much needed revenue to the athletic department and it brings people on campus.

LET IT GO.... LET IT GOOOOOOO.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 02-27-2017 01:32 PM

(02-27-2017 12:31 PM)djtothemoney Wrote:  I wasn't thrilled about any of this, but it doesn't impact me at all. My seats aren't being moved, I don't care about the minute amount of seats we are losing, and am hopeful that the finished product looks much better than we are expecting.

FCC isn't going away for the time being, they add much needed revenue to the athletic department and it brings people on campus.

LET IT GO.... LET IT GOOOOOOO.

I totally agree. I say wait till the first football game in September to form your opinion.

JMO

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Fubar - 03-01-2017 06:46 PM

At best it's..... Ugly. But I hope worth it for other reasons.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 03-01-2017 08:50 PM

In my best Brian Fellows voice:

Those tarps are very ugly! They're covering the field!!

That dirt looks terrible! They should put turf there!

I'm Brian Fellow!

Those construction machines looks awful!

Why is there construction material everywhere?!?! That's dangerous!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 03-01-2017 09:01 PM

Kids these days never get the chance to goof off on Nippert field like in the old days. It is either always under construction or hosting a soccer game.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 03-01-2017 09:54 PM

(03-01-2017 09:01 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Kids these days never get the chance to goof off on Nippert field like in the old days. It is either always under construction or hosting a soccer game.
Gosh, where will all these poor kids toss frisbees?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 03-01-2017 09:57 PM

(03-01-2017 09:54 PM)crex043 Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:01 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Kids these days never get the chance to goof off on Nippert field like in the old days. It is either always under construction or hosting a soccer game.

We used to climb the goal posts after drinking too much. Ah, the good old days.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 03-02-2017 08:13 AM

We used to kick field goals and play football at 3 am under the lights after being in the bars all night.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Crewdogz - 03-02-2017 08:53 AM

I grew up in the neighborhood (Lower Stratford between McMillan and Warner). We used to play tackle football on the field from the time I was ~11 till I graduated HS. Frisbee was during the day while classes were going on but Saturday mornings were for no holds barred FB.

I used to like going there and studying during warmer months as the field was over-run by Frisbee throwers the bleachers were full of co-eds sunbathing.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 03-02-2017 01:14 PM

(03-01-2017 09:54 PM)crex043 Wrote:  

With all due respect, open access to the Nippert field is one of its biggest charms. My kid will be a Bearcat fan for life because of summer afternoons on that field running plays we created and named after UC players.

Access to that field is part of student life. They are paying for it.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatjim - 03-02-2017 01:18 PM

(03-02-2017 08:13 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  We used to kick field goals and play football at 3 am under the lights after being in the bars all night.

Indeed! A hallmark of every late eighties/early nineties UC education! Thinking my earliest class Spring quarter was at Noon on Fridays. And I'm not sure how often I even made it to that one.