CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 11-15-2017 02:18 PM

Wow, do they still teach kids about Tammany Hall?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2017 02:18 PM

"Needs vs. Wants" and "stewards of public assets and resources."

Interesting ideas. Those should be on bumper stickers everywhere.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-15-2017 02:22 PM

(11-15-2017 02:18 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  "Needs vs. Wants" and "stewards of public assets and resources."

Interesting ideas. Those should be on bumper stickers everywhere.

This has been a very well positioned and POINTED statement. Basically putting it on FC Cincinnati to try to figure it out, and made a significant point on the lack of timeframe given for ROI/Community Impact analysis...love it.

Option B was presented as aiding in funding a parking structures and roadway access, but no mention of additional financial commitments. Smart on their part to offer a piece instead of the whole pie.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatdp - 11-15-2017 02:27 PM

(11-15-2017 02:22 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Option B was presented as aiding in funding a parking structures and roadway access, but no mention of additional financial commitments. Smart on their part to offer a piece instead of the whole pie.

This is a good response. They are willing to help but will not be on the hook going forward, other than maintenance.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-15-2017 02:28 PM

The "Hamilton County Says Yes" comment by Monzel was a bit tonedeaf though. They know what they're doing 03-lmfao

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2017 02:30 PM

Plan B:

1000 car garage in Oakley funded by county parking revenue. Makes sense if the county charges to park there and retains all $$ from now until the end of days.

So no TIF funds. No public funds. No use of general funds. No tithe payable over 30 years. Called their bluff. They are not going to Newport.

Madison road is going to be one of the most miserable traffic areas in the city but people will get what they want.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 11-15-2017 02:35 PM

FCC will never present the PBS option to the MLS. They are going to have to either accept Option B as outlined by Hamilton County or call Newport.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 11-15-2017 02:40 PM

The mls wouldn't accept pbs as an option. Nippert is a Better option than pbs. Pbs is a nonstarter

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2017 02:41 PM

"...no other dollars other than parking revenue."

Lindner is yelling at Berding right now "YOU HAD ONE JOB!"

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2017 02:45 PM

City is paying for sewers and road infrastructure at Oakley? That's new. Lindner is shaking down multiple levels of municipal government. You go boy.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2017 02:47 PM

These reporters are idiots. The questions sound like they didn't listen to the commissioners' statements or they are trying to catch them in an "AHA" moment.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - RealDeal - 11-15-2017 03:06 PM

Honestly I've always liked the idea of a Newport stadium overlooking the Riverfront the best. Hopefully they go that route although as a Hamilton County taxpayer who swore I'd never support public funding for a stadium they're investing so much I'd actually support helping out on the surrounding infrastructure.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - 50Cent - 11-15-2017 03:12 PM

(11-15-2017 02:47 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  These reporters are idiots. The questions sound like they didn't listen to the commissioners' statements or they are trying to catch them in an "AHA" moment.

Nope. They simply don’t understand how 3 supposedly intelligent people can simply ignore the facts of the current situation.

A) not asking County to build or own a 3rd stadium
B) MLS just rejected Detroit and Ford Field as an option in their finalists for the first two slots

FC Cincinnati asking for infrastructure including roads sewers and parking.

This PBS folly of Portunes is comical. No one wants to play there. It sucked for UC. It sucks for the Bengals.

I wish Nippert would work for MLS. But that’s not my call nor is it Portunes. Same with PBS. I’m bemused by their ignorance or arrogance not sure which it is. Comes off like a bunch of country rubes.

Either say we support development of Oakley and will build garage (plan b) or just say go build it in Newport. This charade today was a waste of time. When a decision is going to be made within a month.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2017 03:20 PM

Dayton, dude. We are Dayton now. Or Toledo.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-15-2017 03:28 PM

(11-15-2017 03:06 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  Honestly I've always liked the idea of a Newport stadium overlooking the Riverfront the best. Hopefully they go that route although as a Hamilton County taxpayer who swore I'd never support public funding for a stadium they're investing so much I'd actually support helping out on the surrounding infrastructure.

Me too...you can go back to any time that stadium sites are discussed and I've always been a firm proponent of Newport. Every argument against it is either ridiculous (oUr CiTy, OuR sTaDiUm) or easily handled with facts.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 11-15-2017 03:52 PM

I would personally prefer it in Newport so it doesn't cause traffic headaches in the Oakley area. I believe one reason they've been pushing hard for Oakley is because there's only a single land owner to deal with as opposed to negotiating with multiple owners in Kentucky or Over The Rhine.

BTW, I also thought it was real classy of the Lindners to give the big middle finger to UCHealth/UC Sports Medicine and put Mercy Health on their jerseys. Way to support the local university, guys.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2017 03:56 PM

People act like there is a force field over the Ohio River. Perhaps for people who never leave the confines of their burg, there is.

Living in Anderson, I am actually farther south than Newport and Covington. Heck, I drive through KY to get home from downtown the shortest route possible. I pop back and forth between the states so often NKY is just another suburb.

That being said, they are going to pick Oakley. They know that fits the demographic better and is closer to Mason, West Chester and the ducal estates in Indian Hill.

Plus sharing a parking lot with Crossroads will all but guarantee sell outs. That place is a magnet for the soccer mom horde.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 11-15-2017 04:14 PM

(11-15-2017 03:52 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  I would personally prefer it in Newport so it doesn't cause traffic headaches in the Oakley area. I believe one reason they've been pushing hard for Oakley is because there's only a single land owner to deal with as opposed to negotiating with multiple owners in Kentucky or Over The Rhine.

BTW, I also thought it was real classy of the Lindners to give the big middle finger to UCHealth/UC Sports Medicine and put Mercy Health on their jerseys. Way to support the local university, guys.

I'm fairly certain the land they've targeted in Newport is all owned by Corporex/Ovation.

As for the UCHealth thing...if they offered $5M/year over 10 years and they picked Mercy I'd be just as pissed, but I'm almost certain they didn't.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 11-15-2017 04:24 PM

(11-15-2017 03:56 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  People act like there is a force field over the Ohio River. Perhaps for people who never leave the confines of their burg, there is.

Living in Anderson, I am actually farther south than Newport and Covington. Heck, I drive through KY to get home from downtown the shortest route possible. I pop back and forth between the states so often NKY is just another suburb.

That being said, they are going to pick Oakley. They know that fits the demographic better and is closer to Mason, West Chester and the ducal estates in Indian Hill.

Plus sharing a parking lot with Crossroads will all but guarantee sell outs. That place is a magnet for the soccer mom horde.

The pot of potential future public monies is bigger on the Ohio side than it is in KY.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 11-15-2017 04:26 PM

(11-15-2017 03:20 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Dayton, dude. We are Dayton now. Or Toledo.

Spend some time in Dayton and you’ll quickly realize how wrong you are.