CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 07-19-2017 12:22 PM

(07-19-2017 10:45 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  After the victory over Chicago, I watched a lot of FCC videos on the big screen.

I kept thinking to myself that UC should bottle some of that enthusiasm for football. FCC has six fan clubs. They march into the stadium with their own cheers, banners, and smoke bombs. Why can't some of that transfer over to UC?

One of their cheers goes as follows:

I'm Cincy til I die!
I'm Cincy til I die!
I know I am, I swear I am!
I'm Cincy til I die!

This is a cheer for a soccer club in its second year. Seriously.

UC football has been around since the 1800's?

I just hope there comes a day soon when our announced football crowd of 40,000 looks as robust as FCC's crowd of 32,000.

You know, I agree with some of this. I personally was not a fan of being IN the Bailey. But all the games where I'm outside of it, i truly think it adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Now, that section has maybe what... 1700 to 2000ish seats (I'm guessing), imagine 6000 students waving black and red City of Cincinnati flags, maybe smoke (who knows if the ncaa has a rule on that), a couple big a$$ drums, adding more organized cheers like when the whole SS does Down the Drive. I don't know, when our SS is full, it's already awesome, but maybe this could add a little something, make it stand out from other schools student sections.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 07-19-2017 12:38 PM

(07-19-2017 12:22 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 10:45 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  After the victory over Chicago, I watched a lot of FCC videos on the big screen.

I kept thinking to myself that UC should bottle some of that enthusiasm for football. FCC has six fan clubs. They march into the stadium with their own cheers, banners, and smoke bombs. Why can't some of that transfer over to UC?

I'm Cincy til I die!
I'm Cincy til I die!
I'm Cincy til I die!

I just hope there comes a day soon when our announced football crowd of 40,000 looks as robust as FCC's crowd of 32,000.

You know, I agree with some of this. I personally was not a fan of being IN the Bailey. But all the games where I'm outside of it, i truly think it adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Now, that section has maybe what... 1700 to 2000ish seats (I'm guessing), imagine 6000 students waving black and red City of Cincinnati flags, maybe smoke (who knows if the ncaa has a rule on that), a couple big a$$ drums, adding more organized cheers like when the whole SS does Down the Drive. I don't know, when our SS is full, it's already awesome, but maybe this could add a little something, make it stand out from other schools student sections.

...and maybe they'd stick around longer.

FCC has made it about more than the game. It's an event, it's about belonging.

With that said, I'd hate sitting in The Bailey. I want to see the field, not a flag waving in front of me.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 07-19-2017 12:44 PM

If you want to see the best video of the FCC/Chicago game put on your earphones and check out Charlie Hatch's twitter video of "The Moment." I don't think it's on You Tube:

https://www.google.com/amp/soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/06/29/incredible-scenes-as-fc-cincinnati-beat-chicago-fire-in-open-cup/amp/

Feel free to disagree, but I don't think there has been that level of excitement in Nippert since the Kelly years.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan - 07-19-2017 12:46 PM

I'm Cincy til I die!
I'm Cincy til I die!
I'm Cincy til I die!

A quick search yielded that this cheer was taken from other soccer clubs - go to about the middle of the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHX-ib9xY8

UC has plenty of cheers. http://gobearcats.com/sports/2017/6/30/fight-songs-alma-mater.aspx

I've been to many UC football games where the stadium was packed and just as loud or louder than FCC.

I'm glad that there are those that enjoy FCC and I will admit it appears to have been a good move for UC.

UC football has plenty of fan support and enthusiasm. It was great until "he who shall not be named" just about destroyed UC football.It will be great again this year now that the coach has more than a pulse.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan - 07-19-2017 12:50 PM

(07-19-2017 12:44 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Feel free to disagree, but I don't think there has been that level of excitement in Nippert since the Kelly years.

Well probably not. What did the last few years give us to cheer about?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 07-19-2017 02:11 PM

(07-19-2017 12:50 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 12:44 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Feel free to disagree, but I don't think there has been that level of excitement in Nippert since the Kelly years.

The Miami FL game comes to mind. Last year, Houston should have been huge.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan - 07-19-2017 02:16 PM

(07-19-2017 02:11 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 12:50 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  

The Miami FL game comes to mind. Last year, Houston should have been huge.

Good choices -

The Houston game attendance was listed as 40,000 - certainly above 38,000. It was exciting in the first half. The Miami FL game in 2015 was also listed as 40000. I was at that one, but not the Houston game.

I think soccer fans and soccer matches have a different mindset than football. I am admittedly not a soccer fan, but I do not hate it. I have tried to watch it but to me it is boring. We never had soccer around when I was growing up - it was baseball, basketball, and football.

I think football has more action than soccer. In football the potential is there for a team to score on any given play. In soccer it can take several minutes just to get in position to try for a score.

I think the excitement at a soccer match comes from the organized cheering, the smoke bombs, the flag waving, etc, then ultimately every now and then somebody tries to score and of course that is exciting.

It is difficult to compare the two sports.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 07-19-2017 06:55 PM

(07-19-2017 10:36 AM)djtothemoney Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 08:40 AM)mlb Wrote:  I don't know anyone who goes to Crew games in Dayton. I think you greatly exaggerate the Crew draw in Dayton. FCC is much more likely to draw fans from Dayton than Columbus. I bet you'd have trouble finding people who have watched Crew games on TV even. Dayton is, by far, a Cincinnati town.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CSNbbs mobile app

Just because you don't know them, doesn't mean they don't exist.
True, but the next time I see the Crew covered in Dayton will be the first.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 07-19-2017 09:28 PM

(07-19-2017 06:55 PM)mlb Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 08:40 AM)mlb Wrote:  I don't know anyone who goes to Crew games in Dayton. I think you greatly exaggerate the Crew draw in Dayton. FCC is much more likely to draw fans from Dayton than Columbus. I bet you'd have trouble finding people who have watched Crew games on TV even. Dayton is, by far, a Cincinnati town.

I don't think it's that far-fetched...hell, every Crew game is broadcast on BCSN up in Toledo. I think for a long time being the only option built a heck of a lot of support statewide with starving fans. My family had season tickets the first four years of their existence when they were playing in Ohio Stadium, and we drove 2.5 hours every weekend.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 07-20-2017 02:41 AM

What is BCSN? Never heard of the channel.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Cat_Litter - 07-20-2017 06:16 AM

(07-20-2017 02:41 AM)mlb Wrote:  What is BCSN? Never heard of the channel.

Local cable station covering local sports. Lots of high school coverage along with regional sports broadcasts. Buckeye Cable Sports Network.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 07-20-2017 07:36 AM

(07-20-2017 06:16 AM)Cat_Litter Wrote:  
(07-20-2017 02:41 AM)mlb Wrote:  What is BCSN? Never heard of the channel.

Local cable station covering local sports. Lots of high school coverage along with regional sports broadcasts. Buckeye Cable Sports Network.

Largest non-nationally partnered local sports channel in America now. They have 3 stations and pretty much cover high school and local sports 24 hours a day, summers include more of the adult amateur stuff like the Jermain Open, Pickleball championships, etc. but during the school year it's a phenomenal operation. They're going to start doing live gameday broadcasts from the Game of the Week choices for football and basketball a la College Gameday. My one claim to fame is being on the first broadcast and first live broadcast for BCSN back in Winter 2004 for basketball and Fall 2005 for soccer respectively 03-lmfao

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan1211 - 07-20-2017 10:30 AM

(07-19-2017 06:55 PM)mlb Wrote:  

The Crew have a youth soccer club affiliate based in the Centerville area so I'm sure they have a backing from that club at least.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 07-20-2017 11:49 AM

BCSN still runs second to the Western Ohio Sports Network in the northwest of the state.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 07-20-2017 12:20 PM

(07-20-2017 11:49 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  BCSN still runs second to the Western Ohio Sports Network in the northwest of the state.

To my knowledge that's due to the affiliate broadcast limitations that BCSN has. It's strictly for Buckeye Cablevision subscribers, so anyone without that service will not get it...and they certainly aren't down in MAC country in any significant capacity yet. I have heard that they're in negotiations to have them broadcast on a zip code level for DirecTV subscribers too.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - wanes - 07-21-2017 12:14 PM

US Womens soccer tickets on sale now. A lot more expensive than FCC. Selling the first few rows along the field for $200/ea. Cheapest ticket is $25. UC should make out pretty well assuming 25-30K show up.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Kco17 - 07-21-2017 12:36 PM

(07-21-2017 12:14 PM)wanes Wrote:  US Womens soccer tickets on sale now. A lot more expensive than FCC. Selling the first few rows along the field for $200/ea. Cheapest ticket is $25. UC should make out pretty well assuming 25-30K show up.

Its unlikely UC will get any ticket revenue beyond the rental fee paid by US Soccer. This is completely separate from their deal with FCC.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 07-21-2017 12:55 PM

(07-21-2017 12:36 PM)Kco17 Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 12:14 PM)wanes Wrote:  US Womens soccer tickets on sale now. A lot more expensive than FCC. Selling the first few rows along the field for $200/ea. Cheapest ticket is $25. UC should make out pretty well assuming 25-30K show up.

Its unlikely UC will get any ticket revenue beyond the rental fee paid by US Soccer. This is completely separate from their deal with FCC.

Yeah, typically USSF takes almost all ticket revenue, and pays a flat fee to the stadium. Also, there's your reason why Women's games have ****** attendance.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcat1010 - 07-21-2017 01:28 PM

(07-21-2017 12:55 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Yeah, typically USSF takes almost all ticket revenue, and pays a flat fee to the stadium. Also, there's your reason why Women's games have ****** attendance.

Quality games sell well but NZ is not a quality opponent. Nor is this an important game or even a game leading up to an important tournament. This is a low tier friendly which they will get a decent but not great crowd for.

The argument that the USMNT and USWNT tickets are significantly overpriced for this level of game has been going on for a while.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 07-21-2017 01:31 PM

(07-21-2017 01:28 PM)Bearcat1010 Wrote:  
(07-21-2017 12:55 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Quality games sell well but NZ is not a quality opponent. Nor is this an important game or even a game leading up to an important tournament. This is a low tier friendly which they will get a decent but not great crowd for.

The argument that the USMNT and USWNT tickets are significantly overpriced for this level of game has been going on for a while.

Yep, hell I still remember trying to get USMNT games in Cleveland back in '06 for a WC warm up game and having to pay out $100 or so for mid-level tickets.