CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 10:42 PM

(02-24-2017 08:33 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 07:01 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 05:17 PM)RedRocker Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 10:00 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Again, yes it is still a big IF as far as FC Cincy going to the MLS and still playing in Nippert, but when you really look at what UC is facing as far as all of the realignment BS goes, it is a real possibility that UC football won't be around in a decade or two. It's a great gamble with huge upside and very little downside.

Dumbest comment I've seen on here in awhile. 01-wingedeagle

Hmmm, very next comment after you might have taken the cake.

No one that thinks there's a possibility that uc football won't be around in 20 years? Maybe I'm extraordinarily pessimistic but to me it seems like an unsustainable model as is. If UC doesn't get the big boy invite 5 or so years I think the decent will begin.

Hell, UConn is darn close to nuking their football program right now.

link?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - franzeal - 02-24-2017 10:48 PM

(02-24-2017 10:42 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 08:33 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  No one that thinks there's a possibility that uc football won't be around in 20 years? Maybe I'm extraordinarily pessimistic but to me it seems like an unsustainable model as is. If UC doesn't get the big boy invite 5 or so years I think the decent will begin.

link?

link

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 10:49 PM

(02-24-2017 10:48 PM)franzeal Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 08:33 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  No one that thinks there's a possibility that uc football won't be around in 20 years? Maybe I'm extraordinarily pessimistic but to me it seems like an unsustainable model as is. If UC doesn't get the big boy invite 5 or so years I think the decent will begin.

link?

link

03-lmfao04-cheers

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 02-24-2017 11:04 PM

(02-24-2017 10:48 PM)franzeal Wrote:  

link?

link

To be fair the signs were there even a few years ago. http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/10122919/bob-diaco-notre-dame-fighting-irish-agrees-take-uconn-huskies-job

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ragpicker - 02-24-2017 11:47 PM

Ono left us with just a revenue drip, so Bohn whores out one of the grandest on-campus stadiums for a AA kick-ball team.

But hey, the FCC crowd pushes the revenue stream need as absolution. So why don't we put up a stripper pole in both ends of the field just behind that kick-ball net and whore out some co-eds for more of a making-it-rain revenue stream? Think of all the dollars - one at a time. They could even have a Ladies Night with the Chippendales once a month because we are a sensitive, diverse collective of academic snowflakes. Maybe the cutouts are "safe spaces".

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatjim - 02-24-2017 11:54 PM

(02-24-2017 11:47 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Ono left us with just a revenue drip, so Bohn whores out one of the grandest on-campus stadiums for a AA kick-ball team.

But hey, the FCC crowd pushes the revenue stream need as absolution. So why don't we put up a stripper pole in both ends of the field just behind that kick-ball net and whore out some co-eds for more of a making-it-rain revenue stream? Think of all the dollars - one at a time. They could even have a Ladies Night with the Chippendales once a month because we are a sensitive, diverse collective of educational snowflakes. Maybe the cutouts are "safe spaces".

For a guy who's a huge tennis fan (which I am also), I find it hilarious that you feel the need to constantly belittle soccer. I'm all for the stripper poles though. Now that is thinking out of the box! (Or maybe "about" the box?)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ragpicker - 02-25-2017 12:16 AM

(02-24-2017 11:54 PM)bearcatjim Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 11:47 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Ono left us with just a revenue drip, so Bohn whores out one of the grandest on-campus stadiums for a AA kick-ball team.

But hey, the FCC crowd pushes the revenue stream need as absolution. So why don't we put up a stripper pole in both ends of the field just behind that kick-ball net and whore out some co-eds for more of a making-it-rain revenue stream? Think of all the dollars - one at a time. They could even have a Ladies Night with the Chippendales once a month because we are a sensitive, diverse collective of educational snowflakes. Maybe the cutouts are "safe spaces".

For a guy who's a huge tennis fan (which I am also), I find it hilarious that you feel the need to constantly belittle soccer. I'm all for the stripper poles though. Now that is thinking out of the box! (Or maybe "about" the box?)

Dude, I love soccer. Actually, futbol for me since I follow the Bundesliga closely. I've been to Old Trafford. The Champions League is tremendous sport especially as a Bayern fan, and haven't missed a US World Cup match on TV for many years.

I also love baseball. But I don't really get all worked up for Altoona or Chattanooga. I love hockey, but the Cyclones are not really worth most peoples' time.

And neither will be FCC once the "cool event" wears off. It's like 18 nights of Parrotheads at Riverbend. If the MLS doesn't come quickly, the numbers will dwindle and UC will be left with a disfigured stadium.

And oh, by the way, UC already had a soccer team that roughly drew 50 fans a game. Its clearly not the sport itself, its the hype of a well promoted event. So "Cheeseburger in Paradise" or "The Pride - We'll Be Coming" - take your pick.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - kmfloyd - 02-25-2017 12:41 AM

(02-24-2017 03:45 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 03:43 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 11:02 AM)bearcatfan Wrote:  Just for "re-discussion" purposes.

[Image: 636167426674486420-Screen-Shot-2016-12-0....21-PM.png]

From that drawing, it seems to imply that the football field would not fit without the cutouts. Are they moving the lines for the football field farther South?

Yes.

Which sort of makes the whole safety angle moot.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 02-25-2017 12:51 AM

1. Could put huge hot tubs in the Lindner Notches.
The dance team girls could frolic in them in bikinis.
Sponsored by Watson's Pool's and Spa's

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 02-25-2017 07:38 AM

(02-25-2017 12:16 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Dude, I love soccer. Actually, futbol for me since I follow the Bundesliga closely. I've been to Old Trafford. The Champions League is tremendous sport especially as a Bayern fan, and haven't missed a US World Cup match on TV for many years.

I also love baseball. But I don't really get all worked up for Altoona or Chattanooga. I love hockey, but the Cyclones are not really worth most peoples' time.

And neither will be FCC once the "cool event" wears off. It's like 18 nights of Parrotheads at Riverbend. If the MLS doesn't come quickly, the numbers will dwindle and UC will be left with a disfigured stadium.

And oh, by the way, UC already had a soccer team that roughly drew 50 fans a game. Its clearly not the sport itself, its the hype of a well promoted event. So "Cheeseburger in Paradise" or "The Pride - We'll Be Coming" - take your pick.

Don't go picking on my annual Jimmy Buffett concert. I am already worried I do not see one scheduled for River Bend yet in 2017.

Plus, I am going to have to go to Louisville (which s*cks) for the Journey/Asia concert.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatjim - 02-25-2017 07:52 AM

(02-25-2017 12:16 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  

Dude, I love soccer. Actually, futbol for me since I follow the Bundesliga closely. I've been to Old Trafford. The Champions League is tremendous sport especially as a Bayern fan, and haven't missed a US World Cup match on TV for many years.

Maybe UC should be smart enough to play soccer at Nippert and create the marketing buzz that FCC did. Hire a big name coach. And FCC may be the minor leagues but there is hope (a bit optimistic in my view) that the mls is possible here, which feeds the excitement. FCC was smart enough to try to replicate the European soccer experience here. You don't get that with college soccer. Where does college soccer draw at all?

Btw give me Premier league a thousand times before Bundesliga or any other euro league. . I do like Champions league a ton but there is no parity in the other euro leagues besides Premier league. Bayern has no competition. Outside of four clubs, the Spanish league is the same way. Anybody challenge PSG in France? Booooooring.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - 50Cent - 02-25-2017 08:32 AM

If it's bundesliga for you then I think you might be mixed up on your language. Fußball (that's actually like back to back s) is German for soccer or football rather. Fútbol would be more for following La Liga. Futbol is Mexican variation.

That's the one think that was kind of hokie about FC Cincinnati name. Not sure why the homage to Mexican soccer. Football Club Cincinnati would make more sense. Or Fußball Club cincinnati if honoring our German heritage.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 02-25-2017 08:51 AM

That's my thought as well. While anecdotal, several people I know seem to have gone just because it's the place to be seen and party a little. When I ask them actual questions about the match and individual players I often got blank stares. They'll move on to the next shiny object and a smaller core of real soccer fans will be left.
BTW, "disfigured" was probably the best description I've seen for what was done to Nippert.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Teakwood - 02-25-2017 09:10 AM

(02-25-2017 08:51 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  

That's my thought as well. While anecdotal, several people I know seem to have gone just because it's the place to be seen and party a little. When I ask them actual questions about the match and individual players I often got blank stares. They'll move on to the next shiny object and a smaller core of real soccer fans will be left.
BTW, "disfigured" was probably the best description I've seen for what was done to Nippert.

I meant to put this up earlier, I took it after the Tulane game. Sorry for the size, but I hope everyone can see it. I like the new side walls with what looks like LED lights. The cut-outs look more dramatic from the diagonal than along the side, but it's really hard to tell the visual impact at this time. I'll reserve judgement until the existing seats are put back in and the temporary seats are put in.

[img][Image: ECffByH.jpg][/img]

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 02-25-2017 09:14 AM

Figured I'd take the opportunity, since these FCC threads get so gosh darn popular, to post a primer for the very near season!

We are officially 1 month out from the first regular season match! However, FCC will be playing our men's team in an exhibition match just 14 days prior (March 11th)! The first home game is against St. Louis on April 15th!

After some offseason signings that took the team captain Aodhan Quinn and another, Kadeem Dacres from rival Louisville, as well as a top talent from the Seattle organization, another with extensive international experience, and the return of another Bearcat to the squad, look for the team to play an even more exciting brand of soccer this season!

If you thought the atmosphere was great in our shiney new 1st season then just wait until you come join the 10,000+ season tix holders (up from 6k last year) for another fun filled summer at HNS!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 02-25-2017 09:16 AM

10,000+ season ticket holders is incredible. Uc basketball doesn't get that these days.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 02-25-2017 11:17 AM

(02-25-2017 09:16 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  10,000+ season ticket holders is incredible. Uc basketball doesn't get that these days.

Apples and oranges comparison.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - cincy7718 - 02-25-2017 11:20 AM

I still believe its a fad. Its new, so theres a lot of curiosity about it. The teams winning so theres a buzz, and the Reds have been absolutely atrocious so theres no competition. What happens in a few years when the newness is gone, and they have a lousy season competing with a Reds pennant race?

The people I know who have gone to games talk exclusively about the crowd and don't even know what's happening on the field until theres a goal. At which point they talk about the crowds reaction. I just don't see that as a sustainable model. If I'm wrong great, hopefully its a long term revenue stream for the Bearcats. At this point the stadiums already changed so might as well make money off it. Also I thought I read somewhere that if they ever leave FCC will pay to put the seating back to where it was. Is that not correct?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 02-25-2017 12:07 PM

(02-25-2017 11:20 AM)cincy7718 Wrote:  I still believe its a fad. Its new, so theres a lot of curiosity about it. The teams winning so theres a buzz, and the Reds have been absolutely atrocious so theres no competition. What happens in a few years when the newness is gone, and they have a lousy season competing with a Reds pennant race?

The people I know who have gone to games talk exclusively about the crowd and don't even know what's happening on the field until theres a goal. At which point they talk about the crowds reaction. I just don't see that as a sustainable model. If I'm wrong great, hopefully its a long term revenue stream for the Bearcats. At this point the stadiums already changed so might as well make money off it. Also I thought I read somewhere that if they ever leave FCC will pay to put the seating back to where it was. Is that not correct?

03-lmfao Good one.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 02-25-2017 12:30 PM

(02-25-2017 11:20 AM)cincy7718 Wrote:  I still believe its a fad. Its new, so theres a lot of curiosity about it. The teams winning so theres a buzz, and the Reds have been absolutely atrocious so theres no competition. What happens in a few years when the newness is gone, and they have a lousy season competing with a Reds pennant race?

The people I know who have gone to games talk exclusively about the crowd and don't even know what's happening on the field until theres a goal. At which point they talk about the crowds reaction. I just don't see that as a sustainable model. If I'm wrong great, hopefully its a long term revenue stream for the Bearcats. At this point the stadiums already changed so might as well make money off it. Also I thought I read somewhere that if they ever leave FCC will pay to put the seating back to where it was. Is that correct?

This is correct.