CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 07-18-2017 07:56 AM

Lots of chatter on news outlet about a combined Cincinnati-Dayton market to help FC Cincinnati's bid to MLS. Seems like this discussion has been going on for about 20 years. A couple years ago we were told it was going to happen by 2017 and it would help UC's efforts for inclusion in the Big 12. Obviously we didn't and there has been no word on anything happening this year.

https://t.co/vlWJfIxtk9

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 07-18-2017 09:07 AM

Good article. It's Dayton centric, but why isn't NKY also considered a part of our media market?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 07-18-2017 09:15 AM

(07-18-2017 09:07 AM)crex043 Wrote:  Good article. It's Dayton centric, but why isn't NKY also considered a part of our media market?

It is. It goes from Middletown to the River, NKY (down to about Maysville) and SE Indiana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_%E2%80%93_Northern_Kentucky_metropolitan_area

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 07-18-2017 09:16 AM

(07-18-2017 09:07 AM)crex043 Wrote:  Good article. It's Dayton centric, but why isn't NKY also considered a part of our media market?

It is to my knowledge. Kenton, Campbell, and Boone counties are certainly included and I believe Bracken, Gallatin, Grant, and Pendleton counties are as well...they're all definitely included in our DMA.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 07-18-2017 09:23 AM

So, back to potential Nippert Defilement sightings, did the nicknameless FC Cincinnati beat those Red Bull guys?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 07-18-2017 11:49 AM

(07-18-2017 09:23 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  So, back to potential Nippert Defilement sightings, did the nicknameless FC Cincinnati beat those Red Bull guys?
They haven't played Miami yet. That is 8/2. If they win that they'd host NY on September 20th if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Billy_Bearcat - 07-18-2017 11:54 AM

(07-18-2017 11:49 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 09:23 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  So, back to potential Nippert Defilement sightings, did the nicknameless FC Cincinnati beat those Red Bull guys?
They haven't played Miami yet. That is 8/2. If they win that they'd host NY on September 20th if I remember correctly.

If they win against Miami the game against NY is the very next week

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - SuperFlyBCat - 07-18-2017 11:59 AM

(07-18-2017 07:56 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Lots of chatter on news outlet about a combined Cincinnati-Dayton market to help FC Cincinnati's bid to MLS. Seems like this discussion has been going on for about 20 years. A couple years ago we were told it was going to happen by 2017 and it would help UC's efforts for inclusion in the Big 12. Obviously we didn't and there has been no word on anything happening this year.

MLS should be more concerned with gross TV audience, not just an individual market.
If FC has super strong attendance and a great atmosphere then their games in cincy will get the better TV slots. Same reason ESPN put FC on ESPN1 for the Chicago Fire match. They knew the match would look great on TV. On the FC Cincy youtube highlights or replays you have people from all over the USA and Europe commenting on the attendance and atmosphere at Nippert.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 07-18-2017 12:13 PM

(07-18-2017 11:59 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 07:56 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Lots of chatter on news outlet about a combined Cincinnati-Dayton market to help FC Cincinnati's bid to MLS. Seems like this discussion has been going on for about 20 years. A couple years ago we were told it was going to happen by 2017 and it would help UC's efforts for inclusion in the Big 12. Obviously we didn't and there has been no word on anything happening this year.

MLS should be more concerned with gross TV audience, not just an individual market.
If FC has super strong attendance and a great atmosphere then their games in cincy will get the better TV slots. Same reason ESPN put FC on ESPN1 for the Chicago Fire match. They knew the match would look great on TV. On the FC Cincy youtube highlights or replays you have people from all over the USA and Europe commenting on the attendance and atmosphere at Nippert.

It seems like a no brainer.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 07-19-2017 07:51 AM

(07-18-2017 12:13 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(07-18-2017 11:59 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

It seems like a no brainer.

It's all about money and control, that's why they demand it and it makes perfect sense. You get 100% of concessions, parking, ticket sales, and ads, and when you have your own facility, you don't have to schedule around the primary occupant's schedule and you get to chose the playing surface. No brainer.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 07-19-2017 08:07 AM

Drawing from Louisville, Lexington, and Indy should also be parts of Cincy's MLS equation. Cincinnati may be smaller than the competition, but it's in a densely populated area of the country.

Dayton doesn't add a new market to MLS. The Crew already draws from Dayton. Not that this has a chance of happening, but this is why I wish FCC would buy out the Crew and bring them here.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - mlb - 07-19-2017 08:40 AM

I don't know anyone who goes to Crew games in Dayton. I think you greatly exaggerate the Crew draw in Dayton. FCC is much more likely to draw fans from Dayton than Columbus. I bet you'd have trouble finding people who have watched Crew games on TV even. Dayton is, by far, a Cincinnati town.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 07-19-2017 09:42 AM

I know more people from Cincinnati that go to Crew games than those from Dayton..

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 07-19-2017 09:55 AM

(07-19-2017 08:40 AM)mlb Wrote:  I don't know anyone who goes to Crew games in Dayton. I think you greatly exaggerate the Crew draw in Dayton. FCC is much more likely to draw fans from Dayton than Columbus. I bet you'd have trouble finding people who have watched Crew games on TV even. Dayton is, by far, a Cincinnati town.

I guess our experiences are different.

I know a couple Dayton Crew fans, one a season ticket holder, the other a regular attendee. It is because of them that I visited Mapfre. When I asked the season ticket holder if he thought Cincinnati would get an MLS team, his response was that he didn't care because he was already invested in Columbus.

Yes, this is anecdotal, but I also experience Blue Jacket fans as well. And O$U fans.

Point is, Columbus is on their radar.

Remember, southern Dayton suburbs may be relatively close to Cincinnati, but if you live in Fairborn, Huber, Yellow Springs, Columbus is closer.

Also, because of the base there are a lot of new people who aren't tied to any city.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 07-19-2017 10:13 AM

(07-19-2017 08:07 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Drawing from Louisville, Lexington, and Indy should also be parts of Cincy's MLS equation. Cincinnati may be smaller than the competition, but it's in a densely populated area of the country.

Dayton doesn't add a new market to MLS. The Crew already draws from Dayton. Not that this has a chance of happening, but this is why I wish FCC would buy out the Crew and bring them here.

If Cincinnati is fortunate to get a franchise, work with Indy 11 (don't see it happening with Louisville) to affiliate with their USL side and stick your U-23 team in Lexington or Dayton.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 07-19-2017 10:17 AM

(07-19-2017 10:13 AM)geef Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 08:07 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Drawing from Louisville, Lexington, and Indy should also be parts of Cincy's MLS equation. Cincinnati may be smaller than the competition, but it's in a densely populated area of the country.

If Cincinnati is fortunate to get a franchise, work with Indy 11 (don't see it happening with Louisville) to affiliate with their USL side and stick your U-23 team in Lexington or Dayton.

cincinnati and dayton both have PDL teams.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 07-19-2017 10:33 AM

(07-19-2017 10:17 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  
(07-19-2017 10:13 AM)geef Wrote:  

cincinnati and dayton both have PDL teams.

Ah - didn't realize that.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - djtothemoney - 07-19-2017 10:36 AM

(07-19-2017 08:40 AM)mlb Wrote:  I don't know anyone who goes to Crew games in Dayton. I think you greatly exaggerate the Crew draw in Dayton. FCC is much more likely to draw fans from Dayton than Columbus. I bet you'd have trouble finding people who have watched Crew games on TV even. Dayton is, by far, a Cincinnati town.

Just because you don't know them, doesn't mean they don't exist.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 07-19-2017 10:45 AM

After the victory over Chicago, I watched a lot of FCC videos on the big screen.

I kept thinking to myself that UC should bottle some of that enthusiasm for football. FCC has six fan clubs. They march into the stadium with their own cheers, banners, and smoke bombs. Why can't some of that transfer over to UC?

One of their cheers goes as follows:

I'm Cincy til I die!
I'm Cincy til I die!
I know I am, I swear I am!
I'm Cincy til I die!

This is a cheer for a soccer club in its second year. Seriously.

UC football has been around since the 1800's?

I just hope there comes a day soon when our announced football crowd of 40,000 looks as robust as FCC's crowd of 32,000.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 07-19-2017 12:13 PM

(07-19-2017 10:45 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  After the victory over Chicago, I watched a lot of FCC videos on the big screen.

I kept thinking to myself that UC should bottle some of that enthusiasm for football. FCC has six fan clubs. They march into the stadium with their own cheers, banners, and smoke bombs. Why can't some of that transfer over to UC?

One of their cheers goes as follows:

I'm Cincy til I die!
I'm Cincy til I die!
I know I am, I swear I am!
I'm Cincy til I die!

This is a cheer for a soccer club in its second year. Seriously.

UC football has been around since the 1800's?

I just hope there comes a day soon when our announced football crowd of 40,000 looks as robust as FCC's crowd of 32,000.

That feeling from the different clubs that support FCC won't translate because UC Football goes more after the family experience. I do love it(UC football) as compared to going to Bengals games though. The drunk/angry rednecks who just spent their entire paycheck to attend a Bengals game aren't going to FCC games either.