CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - gerhard911 - 02-24-2017 04:38 PM

And I'd like a full wrap around seating bowl. You know, just so it looks complete.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - dsquare - 02-24-2017 04:41 PM

(02-24-2017 10:30 AM)gerhard911 Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 07:07 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Saw it not too terribly long ago. Definitely different. Not horrible. Will be interesting to see how they implement the replacement seating.

Luckily, thanks to the added income (per Bohn) we are getting the fancy video board, sound system, and ribbon boards for this upcoming season. Something Nippert has been clamoring for for ages.

All of which will be utilized to push even more advertising at fans. These will not enhance the game day stadium experience.

You're kidding right? The more advertising we can get the better. How do you think we fund this program? It's not tv dollars.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - gerhard911 - 02-24-2017 04:48 PM

(02-24-2017 04:41 PM)dsquare Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 07:07 AM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Saw it not too terribly long ago. Definitely different. Not horrible. Will be interesting to see how they implement the replacement seating.

Luckily, thanks to the added income (per Bohn) we are getting the fancy video board, sound system, and ribbon boards for this upcoming season. Something Nippert has been clamoring for for ages.

All of which will be utilized to push even more advertising at fans. These will not enhance the game day stadium experience.

You're kidding right? The more advertising we can get the better. How do you think we fund this program? It's not tv dollars.

As a ticket buying customer they better start getting concerned with MY game day experience. Much easier and cheaper to stay home, watch on TV, mute the ads and drink an $8 sixpack instead of an $8 beer.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatjim - 02-24-2017 05:02 PM

(02-24-2017 04:48 PM)gerhard911 Wrote:  

As a ticket buying customer they better start getting concerned with MY game day experience. Much easier and cheaper to stay home, watch on TV, mute the ads and drink an $8 sixpack instead of an $8 beer.
So do it.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - RedRocker - 02-24-2017 05:17 PM

(02-24-2017 10:00 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Again, yes it is still a big IF as far as FC Cincy going to the MLS and still playing in Nippert, but when you really look at what UC is facing as far as all of the realignment BS goes, it is a real possibility that UC football won't be around in a decade or two. It's a great gamble with huge upside and very little downside.

Dumbest comment I've seen on here in awhile. 01-wingedeagle

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 02-24-2017 06:40 PM

(02-24-2017 05:02 PM)bearcatjim Wrote:  

So do it.

I am.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 02-24-2017 07:01 PM

(02-24-2017 05:17 PM)RedRocker Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 10:00 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  Again, yes it is still a big IF as far as FC Cincy going to the MLS and still playing in Nippert, but when you really look at what UC is facing as far as all of the realignment BS goes, it is a real possibility that UC football won't be around in a decade or two. It's a great gamble with huge upside and very little downside.

Hmmm, very next comment after you might have taken the cake.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 02-24-2017 07:20 PM

(02-24-2017 06:40 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 05:02 PM)bearcatjim Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 10:30 AM)gerhard911 Wrote:  All of which will be utilized to push even more advertising at fans. These will not enhance the game day stadium experience.

So do it.

I am.

Did i miss where anyone asked you?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 07:31 PM

what is going on!? People are not going to go to Nippert now because we lost some seats that had crappy views anyway!?!? Bet when clf gets us back to being good some of you big talkers will sing a different tune...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 02-24-2017 07:40 PM

(02-24-2017 07:31 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  what is going on!? People are not going to go to Nippert now because we lost some seats that had crappy views anyway!?!? Bet when clf gets us back to being good some of you big talkers will sing a different tune...

Such a strange time to jump ship.

Strange place to proclaim it multiple times.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - MercerCo_BearCat - 02-24-2017 07:42 PM

Everyone here is bitching about nearly nothing.

We don't know what Mike Bohn plans to do in the cutouts of the bowl. It could be something useful or neat. Step away from the ledge. It doesn't even look half bad.

The ribbon boards had more information and stats this past year then the year before. Hopefully with all, they can do something different?

The sound system and video board are long overdue

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 02-24-2017 07:44 PM

(02-24-2017 07:40 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 07:31 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  what is going on!? People are not going to go to Nippert now because we lost some seats that had crappy views anyway!?!? Bet when clf gets us back to being good some of you big talkers will sing a different tune...

Such a strange time to jump ship.

Strange place to proclaim it multiple times.

Some folks just want to be miserable

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - gerhard911 - 02-24-2017 07:51 PM

My point, which flew over most heads here, was that the game day experience of the ticket buying customer does not seem to matter much to those making these decisions.

And maybe it shouldn't. Does kick for cash & the stupid burger game bring in more revenue than a few dozen season tix holders?

Does the revenue from the extremely annoying ribbon boards exceed that of a few hundred season tix holders? Surely adding more in stadium advertisements would not drive away any more ticket buyers. Right?

How about obscenely overpriced concessions? Waiting through interminable media time outs?

Now we have a bastardized stadium which I am pretty sure will not have the same intimate feel we all loved about Nippert.

Plus we have a moderator of this forum encouraging people to stay home and watch on TV because they are concerned about the game day experience at Nippert.

I am sure Mike, Luke and the ticket office appreciate all you are doing.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 02-24-2017 07:53 PM

(02-24-2017 07:51 PM)gerhard911 Wrote:  

My point, which flew over most heads here, was that the game day experience of the ticket buying customer does not seem to matter much to those making these decisions.

And maybe it shouldn't. Does kick for cash & the stupid burger game bring in more revenue than a few dozen season tix holders?

Does the revenue from the extremely annoying ribbon boards exceed that of a few hundred season tix holders? Surely adding more in stadium advertisements would not drive away any more ticket buyers. Right?

How about obscenely overpriced concessions? Waiting through interminable media time outs?

Now we have a bastardized stadium which I am pretty sure will not have the same intimate feel we all loved about Nippert.

Plus we have a moderator of this forum encouraging people to stay home and watch on TV because they are concerned about the game day experience at Nippert.

We all get your point. Some of us just enjoy our Gameday experience greatly and think the university does a great job with it.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 02-24-2017 07:54 PM

(02-24-2017 07:51 PM)gerhard911 Wrote:  

Dont be a drama queen.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 02-24-2017 08:33 PM

(02-24-2017 07:01 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  

No one that thinks there's a possibility that uc football won't be around in 20 years? Maybe I'm extraordinarily pessimistic but to me it seems like an unsustainable model as is. If UC doesn't get the big boy invite 5 or so years I think the decent will begin.

Hell, UConn is darn close to nuking their football program right now.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 02-24-2017 08:35 PM

But Miami (OH) football has survived for over a century.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 02-24-2017 08:36 PM

It seems the ones hurling insults are the miserable ones.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 02-24-2017 08:36 PM

(02-24-2017 08:33 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  

No one that thinks there's a possibility that uc football won't be around in 20 years? Maybe I'm extraordinarily pessimistic but to me it seems like an unsustainable model as is. If UC doesn't get the big boy invite 5 or so years I think the decent will begin.

I don't think it'd get canned. Maybe, if the Gulf gets too wide, and season tix holders drop the ball in critical years 03-wink, maybe it drops down a level where less scholarships are required.

I also wasn't so much thinking your comment was dumb, just that the "I am" one was ridiculous.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 02-24-2017 08:43 PM

(02-24-2017 08:33 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  

I think you're just extraordinarily pessimistic...