CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 06-27-2017 04:36 PM

(06-27-2017 01:00 PM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  Without my friends I disagree with, life would be super boring.

Agreed....but there are certain times that one of those friends is having a meltdown breathlessly clutching their pearls over some outrage that a super boring life seems kinda attractive.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-27-2017 04:50 PM

Did I miss something, or has it been all quiet on the FCC ticket front? Last week I saw that 16,000 tickets were sold. Haven't seen anything since.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 06-27-2017 04:59 PM

(06-27-2017 04:50 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Did I miss something, or has it been all quiet on the FCC ticket front? Last week I saw that 16,000 tickets were sold. Haven't seen anything since.

Per Twitter they have sold over 25,000 tickets for tomorrow

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-27-2017 05:07 PM

(06-27-2017 04:59 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 04:50 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Did I miss something, or has it been all quiet on the FCC ticket front? Last week I saw that 16,000 tickets were sold. Haven't seen anything since.

Sure enough, they just posted that an hour ago. About the same number of tickets they sold for the Crew. The difference is this time the weather is supposed to be nice.

I haven't yet caught the soccer bug so I'll probably just keep one eye on the tv. I hope Cincy gets an MLS team, an MLS stadium, and a decent MLS following...but I do find myself doing an eye roll at people frothing over the soccer party. I give credit to FCC for making this work thus far. Kudos to them.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 06-27-2017 08:02 PM

(06-27-2017 05:07 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

Sure enough, they just posted that an hour ago. About the same number of tickets they sold for the Crew. The difference is this time the weather is supposed to be nice.

I haven't yet caught the soccer bug so I'll probably just keep one eye on the tv. I hope Cincy gets an MLS team, an MLS stadium, and a decent MLS following...but I do find myself doing an eye roll at people frothing over the soccer party. I give credit to FCC for making this work thus far. Kudos to them.

Maybe it's time just to say that UC made a hell of a deal and had the foresight to see what kind of a success this could be. Credit where credit is due. UC got in and partnered with FCC and together they have been an incredible success story.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-27-2017 08:11 PM

(06-27-2017 08:02 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Maybe it's time just to say that UC made a hell of a deal and had the foresight to see what kind of a success this could be. Credit where credit is due. UC got in and partnered with FCC and together they have been an incredible success story.

I think if UC saw what kind of crowds would show for this - something I'm sure no one could foresee - a better deal would have been negotiated. At least maybe UC would not have paid $1.7 million for notches.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 06-27-2017 08:23 PM

https://g.co/kgs/RQ1zpN

Anyway. Wish I could make the game tomorrow, but glad I made it to the Crew game. Still really cool that ESPN bumped it up to ESPN2, first round of 16 Open Cup game televised ever. If this match were in Chicago, I doubt that happens.

I think the recent meshing of the team in the new formation is gonna make FCC look somewhat competent, but the Fire are on a different level than Columbus, especially with Schweinsteiger in the lineup.

I also am really enjoying the excitement over domestic soccer. Anyone else remember the international friendly is coming up? Against Valencia? Yeah I forgot too, thanks to the Open Cup and the teams competitive resurgence. Sure, Valencia will be great when the game happens, but a tournament run and the chase for league playoffs is more exciting than some foreign team showing up. Exciting times.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Teakwood - 06-28-2017 04:50 AM

(06-27-2017 08:11 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

I think if UC saw what kind of crowds would show for this - something I'm sure no one could foresee - a better deal would have been negotiated. At least maybe UC would not have paid $1.7 million for notches.

Honest question for anyone. I have no idea what appropriate margin numbers are for concession revenue. Could it be feasible with the attendance, that the notches are close to paid for and UC could soon get their split of concessions? I was fearing (and maybe it is still true) that threshold might take like 5 years to cross and would not be met before FCC moves out.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Dannyboy - 06-28-2017 05:40 AM

How much profit has UC made?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Not Duane - 06-28-2017 06:15 AM

(06-28-2017 05:40 AM)Dannyboy Wrote:  

More than $0, pretty good for a facility that would have otherwise housed crickets in the offseason.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-28-2017 06:21 AM

(06-28-2017 04:50 AM)Teakwood Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 08:11 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 04:59 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Per Twitter they have sold over 25,000 tickets for tomorrow

Honest question for anyone. I have no idea what appropriate margin numbers are for concession revenue. Could it be feasible with the attendance, that the notches are close to paid for and UC could soon get their split of concessions? I was fearing (and maybe it is still true) that threshold might take like 5 years to cross and would not be met before FCC moves out.

You'd think that it would at least be close, which is remarkable.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-28-2017 06:24 AM

(06-28-2017 06:15 AM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(06-28-2017 05:40 AM)Dannyboy Wrote:  
(06-27-2017 04:59 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Per Twitter they have sold over 25,000 tickets for tomorrow

More than $0, pretty good for a facility that would have otherwise housed crickets in the offseason.

This has been discusssed a number of times before, but UC does rent out the club area and it is it not cheap. $3,500 plus 20% of final invoice just to rent the north and south lounge to start. So you start off at $4,200. FCC rents Nippert out for $5,000 a game, which includes the club area. University Catering is the exclusive caterer for the facility.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 06-28-2017 06:31 AM

Fwiw, for those watching at home tonight the game has been bumped up from ESPN2 to ESPN.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-28-2017 06:45 AM

(06-28-2017 06:31 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Fwiw, for those watching at home tonight the game has been bumped up from ESPN2 to ESPN.

I'm curious as to what got bumped from ESPN?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 06-28-2017 06:50 AM

(06-28-2017 06:31 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Fwiw, for those watching at home tonight the game has been bumped up from ESPN2 to ESPN.

Wow.

I just don't see how MLS could go another route than FCC. There was a good tweet last week by someone saying that the two NY teams couldn't even draw 20,000 for a derby between the two so how could MLS possibly ignore FCC. And I believe we are way passed the novelty issue and the numbers have only grown in their second season right?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 06-28-2017 07:02 AM

(06-28-2017 06:45 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

I'm curious as to what got bumped from ESPN?

College World Series ended a day early..

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 06-28-2017 07:04 AM

(06-28-2017 06:50 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  

Wow.

I just don't see how MLS could go another route than FCC. There was a good tweet last week by someone saying that the two NY teams couldn't even draw 20,000 for a derby between the two so how could MLS possibly ignore FCC. And I believe we are way passed the novelty issue and the numbers have only grown in their second season right?

Yes.. The club will probably average right at the same amount of fans per game as the Reds this season. Which is remarkable for a team that is middle of the table and less than 2 years from even being announced.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 06-28-2017 07:14 AM

(06-28-2017 07:04 AM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  
(06-28-2017 06:50 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  

Wow.

Yes.. The club will probably average right at the same amount of fans per game as the Reds this season. Which is remarkable for a team that is middle of the table and less than 2 years from even being announced.

You mean "announced" Reds attendance. After the All-Star break, there will be games at Great American where the Reds will be lucky to have 5,000 people at the park.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 06-28-2017 07:16 AM

With the way things have been going for FCC they'd probably find a way to sign Rooney, Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 06-28-2017 07:24 AM

(06-28-2017 07:16 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  With the way things have been going for FCC they'd probably find a way to sign Rooney, Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic.

I'd take a playoff win for the city, over signing a player who will kill our wage structure.