CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 06-26-2017 06:38 AM

(06-25-2017 10:12 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(06-25-2017 08:47 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(06-25-2017 06:12 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(06-25-2017 05:50 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  FCNewport just has a certain je ne c'est quoi.

KFC. Kentucky Football Club. That's what the Crew fans came up with. Not bad, IMO, the future league rivalry is off to a great start.

Now, as far as Louisville is concerned, they hate the idea of Newport. The only top tier professional team in Kentucky will end up putting Cincinnati's name on it, and they can't stand the thought of that.

KFC would be the correct moniker.
If they want to be FC CINCINNATI they need to be on the Ohio side of the river. If FC builds their stadium in KY they will lose me as a fan.

I felt the same way, but I have slowly changed my mindset. Sure, id prefer an OTR or West End location but Cincy doesn't seem to be in any hurry to help (not saying Cincy should, personally, I think the ownership group can and should pay for it entirely), so if Newport and the citizens of Kentucky want to fork out whatever the hell they want for these guys then I'm all for it.

The more I've thought about it, the more I keep thinking, it's literally only a few hundred yards away. We will see it from our side and Cincy will be seen from the stadium over there.

The fans that say they'll never attend a game in Kentucky remind me of the people who claimed they would move to Canada if Trump was elected. For every fan that decides not to attend they'll get two fans from kentucky who don't want to cross the river into Ohio.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 06-26-2017 08:34 AM

The wall that people on both sides of the river put up always makes me chuckle. I have to admit having a bit of that as well years ago, but it was relieved when I moved out of town and moved back. Life would be much easier for everyone if we just came to grips with the fact that from about West Chester/Mason down to Florence this is all one big town.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 06-26-2017 09:52 AM

Actually have a coworker who will stop buying season tickets if we get into the MLS. So there are people who have different reasons for going.

As a Bailey season ticket holder, who had UC Football season tix for last 12 years, I can tell you there is a very small crossover in the Bailey. Many of us youngin's love the energy at FCC games, and wish UC Football brings the energy back.. last year I dreaded going to every UC Football game at Nippert. I even turned down free tix vs UCF when I was down there for the game(we planned a family vacation down there at the same time, and then completely cancelled the UC football portion of it due to lackluster effort on the coaching staffs part).

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 06-26-2017 11:28 AM

(06-26-2017 09:52 AM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  Actually have a coworker who will stop buying season tickets if we get into the MLS. So there are people who have different reasons for going.

Just out of curiosity, what is the coworker's reason for no longer buying tickets if FCC moves to the MLS? Is it a cost issue? Or something else?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - OKIcat - 06-26-2017 12:16 PM

(06-26-2017 09:52 AM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  Actually have a coworker who will stop buying season tickets if we get into the MLS. So there are people who have different reasons for going.

As a Bailey season ticket holder, who had UC Football season tix for last 12 years, I can tell you there is a very small crossover in the Bailey. Many of us youngin's love the energy at FCC games, and wish UC Football brings the energy back.. last year I dreaded going to every UC Football game at Nippert. I even turned down free tix vs UCF when I was down there for the game(we planned a family vacation down there at the same time, and then completely cancelled the UC football portion of it due to lackluster effort on the coaching staffs part).

Bolded, I certainly understand that. While I was there for all of them, I took friends along on two occasions. Both know football well and it was downright embarrassing to watch the lack of energy and poor execution of the 'Cats under our previous regime.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 06-26-2017 12:28 PM

(06-25-2017 09:16 PM)uchoops Wrote:  
(06-25-2017 05:50 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  FCNewport just has a certain je ne c'est quoi.

Wow...so eloquent...who would of thought..

Could even pen a massive sponsorship deal with Delta Dental...target rich business environment over in Newport.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Lush - 06-26-2017 12:39 PM

(06-26-2017 12:28 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(06-25-2017 09:16 PM)uchoops Wrote:  

Wow...so eloquent...who would of thought..

Could even pen a massive sponsorship deal with Delta Dental...target rich business environment over in Newport.

what's the lowest hanging piece of fruit you've ever eaten? for me it's alpine strawberries, often times they're in the dirt

i'd imagine many fans would be less than enthusiastic about cheering in nky. which is understandable considering how stupid people are. it's obviously part of the fabric of the city and silly not to embrace it. i've always pictured covington as a soccer hooligan part of town. they oughta rowdy that place up

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 06-26-2017 12:48 PM

(06-26-2017 11:28 AM)crex043 Wrote:  

Just out of curiosity, what is the coworker's reason for no longer buying tickets if FCC moves to the MLS? Is it a cost issue? Or something else?

Cost 100% he states.. but has also mentioned, similar to my feelings of going to Bengals games, that pro sports have drawn more towards a drunk fest, and less family friendly like minor league games are..

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-26-2017 01:22 PM

Speaking of Defilement BLM is planning a protest for Wednesday Night. A coincidence? No.

Target will be at UC.

I hope all you soccer fans will be safe. We have seen theses BLM protest get violent, remember Ferguson and Baltimore "protests". Could be a dangerous place to be. Consider staying home in the burbs or in your parents basement.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - wanes - 06-26-2017 01:44 PM

(06-26-2017 01:22 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Speaking of Defilement BLM is planning a protest for Wednesday Night. A coincidence? No.

Target will be at UC.

I hope all you soccer fans will be safe. We have seen theses BLM protest get violent, remember Ferguson and Baltimore "protests". Could be a dangerous place to be. Consider staying home in the burbs or in your parents basement.

Well I guess its a good thing Im a CCW holder go to along with being a soccer fan.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - gerhard911 - 06-26-2017 01:44 PM

What is the Bureau of Land Management protesting? The notches at Nippert?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 06-26-2017 02:04 PM

I can't imagine a BLM protest will do anything down there.. BLM in Cincinnati has been LARGELY peaceful, and I know the police have been trained for months with anticipation for the Tensing mistrials.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 06-26-2017 02:06 PM

White suburban fear mongering of the African American population. Is this 2017?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 06-26-2017 04:28 PM

(06-26-2017 01:44 PM)wanes Wrote:  
(06-26-2017 01:22 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Speaking of Defilement BLM is planning a protest for Wednesday Night. A coincidence? No.

Target will be at UC.

Well I guess its a good thing Im a CCW holder go to along with being a soccer fan.

Internet tough guys galore.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-26-2017 05:14 PM

(06-26-2017 01:44 PM)wanes Wrote:  

Target will be at UC.

NRA forever!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-26-2017 05:16 PM

(06-26-2017 02:04 PM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  I can't imagine a BLM protest will do anything down there.. BLM in Cincinnati has been LARGELY peaceful, and I know the police have been trained for months with anticipation for the Tensing mistrials.

Emphasis on "LARGELY" with the remainder not so much.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-26-2017 05:23 PM

(06-26-2017 02:06 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  White suburban fear mongering of the African American population. Is this 2017?
Fear mongering - tell that to the driver who broke no law driving in Avondale when he hit a black kid that ran into the street. He stopped but was shot to death by the father and a friend. The kid survived but the driver was shot to death for no valid reason. Oh yes "Fear Mongering"!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - InspectorHound - 06-26-2017 05:50 PM

(06-26-2017 05:23 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(06-26-2017 02:06 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  White suburban fear mongering of the African American population. Is this 2017?
Fear mongering - tell that to the driver who broke no law driving in Avondale when he hit a black kid that ran into the street. He stopped but was shot to death by the father and a friend. The kid survived but the driver was shot to death for no valid reason. Oh yes "Fear Mongering"!

Sounds like you need a safe space, snowflake

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Loco Bearcat - 06-26-2017 06:00 PM

Will the Chicago Fire play their starters?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-26-2017 06:06 PM

(06-26-2017 05:50 PM)InspectorHound Wrote:  
(06-26-2017 05:23 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

Sounds like you need a safe space, snowflake

I suggest you drive up Reading Rd and breakdown at Rockdale at 11 pm.