CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 06-14-2017 05:47 PM

Wild down here tonight. I think i saw doss riding a rental bike, holding an fcc scarf, wearing flip flops and a phish shirt. Should be fun.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 06-14-2017 08:22 PM

Welp. Pretty pissed I bailed on my friends that went to the game.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 06-14-2017 08:41 PM

Amazing game and atmosphere

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 06-14-2017 09:03 PM

The Crew started 9 regular starters tonight. That was a hell of a win.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcat1010 - 06-14-2017 09:53 PM

(06-14-2017 09:03 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  The Crew started 9 regular starters tonight. That was a hell of a win.

I'm hoping they left Jimenez behind when the bus pulled out.

Nippert looked great. Crew played like they have all season. Lots of passing and possession but no finishing. Would have rather seen Kamara playing and rest some defenders.

Good win for FCC

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - RealDeal - 06-14-2017 10:35 PM

Great time tonight. Electric atmosphere. Hope we get a chance to host another MLS team in the next round.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 06-14-2017 10:55 PM

I watched the stream - it was fantastic on every level. That game tonight is the exact reason why MLS should add Cincinnati. The fan support alone is impressive, but the derbies are so much fun. I go to every Seattle game here in Portland and it's a cauldron, especially with so many visiting fans. Cincinnati and Columbus could be the same.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 06-14-2017 11:10 PM

(06-14-2017 09:03 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  The Crew started 9 regular starters tonight. That was a hell of a win.

30k+ fans. Tickets were NOT included in season ticket package, all tix were sold in 13 days. It's a Wednesday night. The Crew brought about 1000 supporters of their own.

But more importantly, the Crew started a good chunk of their starters and FC Cincy still freaking won. Absolutely wild. I didn't think it would happen, even if the Crew played their backups.

Gotta agree with geef, the MLS could use a rivalry like the Hell Is Real rivalry. Sure its just starting out, and the fans already can't stand each other, but a lower division win is just what it needed to kickstart it on the field. A very natural rival to an iconic franchise can only help the league.

Would love to see FCC finish off this Open Cup run strong. Hopefully the new formation tonight sticks and they can turn things around in USL play.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - natibeast21 - 06-15-2017 02:07 AM

Rowdiest win of all t bros. Couldn't believe my eyes bros. 30k record attendance bros. Atmosphere was so electric bros. Remember bros a fourth year uc fball team under tubs had 29k for a Thursday game against Tennessee Martin just last year. Ignore me if you need to (Not a soccer fan) I am just not understanding the hype and don't see the vision for the future. I mean US soccer is literally worse than Japan baseball is to the MLB and
all the minor leagues talent whys. You have over ten leagues ranked ahead of MLS. If it's good for the city I'm all for it. I just really seeing the hype fading away over the next 5 years regardless of an MLS bid. Lived in Columbus for 4 years right on 17th street a half mile from the stadium. Didn't even know the US team was playing Mexico until I saw a snap chat of a buddy who played soccer in high school attending the game. And believe me most were the same way as me.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - natibeast21 - 06-15-2017 02:15 AM

(06-15-2017 02:07 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  Rowdiest win of all t bros. Couldn't believe my eyes bros. 30k record attendance bros. Atmosphere was so electric bros. Remember bros a fourth year uc fball team under tubs had 29k for a Thursday game against Tennessee Martin just last year. Ignore me if you need to (Not a soccer fan) I am just not understanding the hype and don't see the vision for the future. I mean US soccer is literally worse than Japan baseball is to the MLB and
all the minor leagues talent whys. You have over ten leagues ranked ahead of MLS. If it's good for the city I'm all for it. I just really seeing the hype fading away over the next 5 years regardless of an MLS bid. Lived in Columbus for 4 years right on 17th street a half mile from the stadium. Didn't even know the US team was playing Mexico until I saw a snap chat of a buddy who played soccer in high school attending the game. And believe me most were the same way as me.

The US/Mexico maybe a bad comparison since the whole city shuts down for Ohio State football games but I really feel the town is more excited and more people have an awareness when the blue jackets are playing well compared to crew/USA soccer games.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 06-15-2017 06:44 AM

Doss doesn't like soccer thugs using his club seats....heard he has his butler on standby to bleach everything right after the game is over. Anybody confirm?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-15-2017 06:45 AM

There were watch parties all over West Chester, Indian Hill, etc. -

Bazinga!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-15-2017 06:54 AM

(06-15-2017 06:44 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Doss doesn't like soccer thugs using his club seats....heard he has his butler on standby to bleach everything right after the game is over. Anybody confirm?

Travel sized can of Lysol disinfectant before first game. Spray seats upon arrival and they dry will partaking in the sumptuous buffet.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Banter - 06-15-2017 08:03 AM

Very frustrating game. One team came to play, and another came in looking like they were looking forward to Saturday.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 06-15-2017 08:27 AM

Good segment from Scott Van Pelt and the 4 letter network

https://t.co/CgppFRKb1N

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - SuperFlyBCat - 06-15-2017 08:53 AM

Justin Meram, Austin Berry - Cincinnati vs. Columbus - US Open Cup
Aaron Doster/USA Today Sports
FC Cincinnati eclipse "wildest dreams" in raucous Open Cup win over Crew SC

CINCINNATI – Wednesday’s US Open Cup match represented the biggest moment for FC Cincinnati since its inception in 2015. And on the biggest stage, the club and the city came through.

An astounding crowd of more than 30,000 fans – a record for a non-final Open Cup match – watched FC Cincinnati produce a clean sheet against Columbus Crew SC to earn a 1-0 win in their fourth-round matchup, the first-ever meeting between the two Ohio clubs.
[Image: Crowd-shot,-CINvCLB.jpg]

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/06/14/fc-cincinnati-eclipse-wildest-dreams-raucous-open-cup-win-over-crew-sc

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Captain Bearcat - 06-15-2017 09:23 AM

(06-13-2017 06:30 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 11:39 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Let Ky pickup the 100m for a change, and everyone can dine and drink over at the banks and otr. They've coasted long enough.

Amen.

Yep. Hamilton County taxpayers cover nearly all of the subsidies for the region's cultural attractions (zoo, libraries, museum center, music hall, Reds, Bengals). Most of the rest are covered by the city (for example, the Art Museum got a new roof last year courtesy of taxpayers of the City of Cincinnati). It's about time the suburbs picked up some of the bills.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 06-15-2017 09:33 AM

(06-15-2017 09:23 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 06:30 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 11:39 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Let Ky pickup the 100m for a change, and everyone can dine and drink over at the banks and otr. They've coasted long enough.

Amen.

Yep. Hamilton County taxpayers cover nearly all of the subsidies for the region's cultural attractions (zoo, libraries, museum center, music hall, Reds, Bengals). Most of the rest are covered by the city (for example, the Art Museum got a new roof last year courtesy of taxpayers of the City of Cincinnati). It's about time the suburbs picked up some of the bills.

Indiana does it between Marion County and the surrounding counties. It had to go through the state legislature. Ohio would have to do something similar by taxing residents of Butler, Clermont and Warren Counties. Doubt we could do much to tax folks in NKY and SE Indiana.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 06-15-2017 10:14 AM

Draw for the next round just happened. FC gets another regional(ish) home game, against Chicago Fire. Pretty damn sweet.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 06-15-2017 10:20 AM

(06-15-2017 10:14 AM)geef Wrote:  Draw for the next round just happened. FC gets another regional(ish) home game, against Chicago Fire. Pretty damn sweet.

That's incredible. Great draw. Exactly what you want if you are FCC... should be another huge crowd resulting in good money to UC as well.