CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-13-2017 06:30 PM

(06-13-2017 11:39 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Let Ky pickup the 100m for a change, and everyone can dine and drink over at the banks and otr. They've coasted long enough.

Amen.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 06-13-2017 07:28 PM

Someone please post a link to the Reddit thread. Even though Reddit makes me feel old as hell since I can never figure out how to use it.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - MercerCo_BearCat - 06-13-2017 08:46 PM

(06-13-2017 07:28 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Someone please post a link to the Reddit thread. Even though Reddit makes me feel old as hell since I can never figure out how to use it.

I'm not sure of the specific thread, but the FCC subreddit is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FCCincinnati/

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Busta2600 - 06-13-2017 09:31 PM

(06-13-2017 08:46 PM)MercerCo_BearCat Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 07:28 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Someone please post a link to the Reddit thread. Even though Reddit makes me feel old as hell since I can never figure out how to use it.

I'm not sure of the specific thread, but the FCC subreddit is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FCCincinnati/
The ones titled Stadium Megathread and Fake Fans are the ones I found the best comments in.

Sent from my SM-G900P using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - #41 - 06-14-2017 01:29 AM

The FC Cincinnati Reddit is a tire fire.

But, when did everyone suddenly start liking Kentucky? Covington & Newport are legit dumps and every place smells like ashtrays mixed with sadness.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Not Duane - 06-14-2017 06:05 AM

(06-13-2017 11:56 AM)Kco17 Wrote:  
(06-13-2017 07:39 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Where are the notches?

Don't worry Doss. As soon as FCC moves into their new stadium (IF they get into MLS) UC will be able to go back down to the revenue they were at previously for this time period ($0). Hope they can find some good use for that cash.

This is what the anti-FCC crowd wants. In the summer, the stadium will sit empty and generate no revenue..all for the sake of..."image".

That's some smart financial planning. I Hope they aren't managing their pensions with the same irrational approach you have about Nippert...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Banter - 06-14-2017 07:25 AM

(06-14-2017 01:29 AM)#41 Wrote:  The FC Cincinnati Reddit is a tire fire.

But, when did everyone suddenly start liking Kentucky? Covington & Newport are legit dumps and every place smells like ashtrays mixed with sadness.

When I graduated I moved across the border to Newport and loved every minute of it. I often had more fun in Newport/Covington than anywhere in Cincinnati... Granted Over the Rhine was just becoming the hot spot, and in the past 5 years a lot has changed.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Spinal070508 - 06-14-2017 07:32 AM

Where is the best place to park for the FC Cincy games? We are going to our first game tonight.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 06-14-2017 08:34 AM

(06-14-2017 07:32 AM)Spinal070508 Wrote:  Where is the best place to park for the FC Cincy games? We are going to our first game tonight.

Are you parking a car, moped or bicycle?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 06-14-2017 08:44 AM

(06-14-2017 08:34 AM)doss2 Wrote:  
(06-14-2017 07:32 AM)Spinal070508 Wrote:  Where is the best place to park for the FC Cincy games? We are going to our first game tonight.

Are you parking a car, moped or bicycle?

You missed a perfectly good "You can't park the streetcar" response doss. Man, seems like senility is setting in...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 06-14-2017 08:45 AM

(06-14-2017 07:25 AM)Banter Wrote:  

When I graduated I moved across the border to Newport and loved every minute of it. I often had more fun in Newport/Covington than anywhere in Cincinnati... Granted Over the Rhine was just becoming the hot spot, and in the past 5 years a lot has changed.

Same...I lived in the Covington Historic District for four years after graduation and loved every second of it. Had a better place than many of my friends living in OTR/MTA and paid half the price while still being closer to the Banks/Stadiums/Levee.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - eroc - 06-14-2017 09:33 AM

FYI: June 14 FC Cincinnati (USL) vs. Columbus Crew SC (MLS) 7 p.m. ET Nippert Stadium (Univ. of Cincinnati); Cincinnati, Ohio

it's always good for anything Cincy to beat anything COL. i actually wish i could be there to see this.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 06-14-2017 09:35 AM

I went Saturday night and will be there tonight. Should be a great atmosphere. Sounds like 25,000+ tickets have been sold so far. I expect over 30,000 with walk up sales.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Banter - 06-14-2017 12:52 PM

Crew plan on testing a lot of their depth for the matchup. Not sure how many of our international players will play since many have just had call ups.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 06-14-2017 01:00 PM

Decisions about whether to go or not are being made right now by those who look outside and see rain. Attendance levels will be dampened.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - robertfoshizzle - 06-14-2017 01:10 PM

I'm glad I'm not a big soccer fan, because this would present a moral dilemma for me. I adopted the Crew as my team a long time ago (I've lived up here for the better part of the past 14 years), but I really want to see FC Cincinnati do well. Now if only one of the two cities could land an NBA team... a man can dream.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - robertfoshizzle - 06-14-2017 01:16 PM

From the view of an out-of-towner who will occasionally visit campus for a UC basketball game, I usually just get down there a couple hours early, park in one of the garages on Jefferson Ave (I think they run $10 for under 24 hours), and enjoy a beer and some food at one of the local establishments before walking to the game.

I'm sure folks who are season-ticket holders or recent graduates can recommend better options, but I like to keep it simple.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - DownOnRohs - 06-14-2017 01:16 PM

(06-14-2017 08:45 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Same...I lived in the Covington Historic District for four years after graduation and loved every second of it. Had a better place than many of my friends living in OTR/MTA and paid half the price while still being closer to the Banks/Stadiums/Levee.

Dude the Covington Historic District is sweet!

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 06-14-2017 01:53 PM

(06-14-2017 01:16 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  

From the view of an out-of-towner who will occasionally visit campus for a UC basketball game, I usually just get down there a couple hours early, park in one of the garages on Jefferson Ave (I think they run $10 for under 24 hours), and enjoy a beer and some food at one of the local establishments before walking to the game.

I'm sure folks who are season-ticket holders or recent graduates can recommend better options, but I like to keep it simple.

I am cheap bastard, so I get there early and find free parking on or around Eden Drive in Corryville and walk over. It's not a bad walk.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 06-14-2017 03:27 PM

(06-14-2017 01:16 PM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  
(06-14-2017 08:45 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Dude the Covington Historic District is sweet!

Perfect place for a recent grad IMO. You've got more calm bar scene around you (Molly Malone's, one of the best soccer bars in America IMO, Keystone, and Blinkers to name a few...not including Mainstrasse), still an easy drive or walk to downtown across the Roebling, much less crazy than OTR or MTA, Roebling Point Book Shop (an awesome place to go grab a coffee and hang on a Saturday or Sunday morning), closer to the main attractions of the city than either neighborhood, and at a fraction of the cost. I rented a 3-floor, 3-bedroom rowhouse on 2nd with a buddy that had a rooftop patio with a clear sightline to the skyline with all new finishes for $1,050/month. My engineering buddies and fraternity brothers living in Hyde Park Square or in OTR paying $2,000 a month for a 2 bed/1 bath apartment would come over and just leave furious at their mistakes lol. Only downside was the no-fault auto insurance premiums and slight parking issues.