CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - shere khan - 05-27-2017 06:37 PM

(02-24-2017 06:58 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Well folks we are in the G4 and our tv contract is peanuts. If you want things like good coaches, renovated arenas, etc, you find alternate sources of revenue. If UC was in the ACC they would have told this soccer club to pound salt, but we're not so we make concessions like this.
You out of solitary?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-27-2017 09:20 PM

Turns out Lindner will try to tap into the existing sales tax. Commissioners are already pondering how to use the monies once (if) the stadium is paid off. Good luck with that!

Not sure why billionaires think it's ok to pry public monies for sports ventures where the billionaires walk away with millions and the public does not.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 05-28-2017 06:38 AM

Lindner obviously had leverage over UC to get his sweetheart deal, not so much with the Cincinnati/Ham Co.

His leverage on Cin/Ham would seem to be "I can get a deal in KY". How much would FCC's attendance suffer if in KY. To get to the games his target fans would face transportation difficulties such as:

1. OTR yuppies - Northern KY is a long way to ride a bike.
2. Snowflakes living in mommy's basement - Northern KY means riding the streetcar or bus to downtown then getting a bus to KY.
3. Suburban yuppies are reluctant to cross the river except when going to CVG.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Major ----de Coverley - 05-28-2017 07:05 AM

(05-27-2017 09:20 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Turns out Lindner will try to tap into the existing sales tax. Commissioners are already pondering how to use the monies once (if) the stadium is paid off. Good luck with that!

Not sure why billionaires think it's ok to pry public monies for sports ventures where the billionaires walk away with millions and the public does not.

Because they can. I am okay with public funds being used for stadiums but in return the county should receive equity ownership in the franchise commensurate with the amount of funds used. If not, then let them go pound salt.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Not Duane - 05-28-2017 12:52 PM

(05-25-2017 06:55 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 06:31 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 06:05 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Ah, yes. The contract.

My guess is this is the configuration going forward.

Of course it's the configuration going forward.

The previous coaching staff was on record about wanting more sideline space. Bohn has said that these structural modifications were needed because of safety. And the vast majority of posters on this board have repeatedly said how bad those seats were.

Nobody has seriously said why the money and energy would be spent on restoring an uninterrupted horseshoe.

For that matter no one has seriously said why the money and energy was spent on changing the stadium in the first place for a temporary tenant when it seemed to work fine with the original configuration last season. Throwing money away fixing what ain't broke.

How about.....
....because they won't be a temporary tenant?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 05-28-2017 03:59 PM

(05-28-2017 12:52 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  

The previous coaching staff was on record about wanting more sideline space. Bohn has said that these structural modifications were needed because of safety. And the vast majority of posters on this board have repeatedly said how bad those seats were.

Nobody has seriously said why the money and energy would be spent on restoring an uninterrupted horseshoe.

For that matter no one has seriously said why the money and energy was spent on changing the stadium in the first place for a temporary tenant when it seemed to work fine with the original configuration last season. Throwing money away fixing what ain't broke.

How about.....

Well, if they're planning on being a permanent tenant, why are they actively working on building their own stadium?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Not Duane - 05-29-2017 06:25 AM

(05-28-2017 03:59 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(05-28-2017 12:52 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  

How about.....

Well, if they're planning on being a permanent tenant, why are they actively working on building their own stadium?

Again--look at it from their point of view...IF they can piggyback onto the stadium tax, then they'll take the taxpayer-funded venue, IF they make MLS...however IF both of those don't eventuate, they'll take Nippert as a permanent home.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - SuperFlyBCat - 05-29-2017 07:58 AM

(05-28-2017 06:38 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Lindner obviously had leverage over UC to get his sweetheart deal, not so much with the Cincinnati/Ham Co.

His leverage on Cin/Ham would seem to be "I can get a deal in KY". How much would FCC's attendance suffer if in KY. To get to the games his target fans would face transportation difficulties such as:

2. Snowflakes living in mommy's basement - Northern KY means riding the streetcar or bus to downtown then getting a bus to KY.

They can take the streetcar to the banks and walk across the bridge.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 05-29-2017 08:40 AM

(05-29-2017 07:58 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(05-28-2017 06:38 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Lindner obviously had leverage over UC to get his sweetheart deal, not so much with the Cincinnati/Ham Co.

Is the streetcar running again?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 05-29-2017 08:45 AM

(05-28-2017 06:38 AM)doss2 Wrote:  To get to the games his target fans would face transportation difficulties such as:

Hey, that's enough about you.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Major ----de Coverley - 05-29-2017 09:33 AM

(05-29-2017 08:40 AM)doss2 Wrote:  

Took some friends to OTR last night for drinks and dinner. They wanted to ride the streetcar while there so we bought 4 tickets to head up to rhinegeist . The electronic sign on the platform indicated 10 minutes till next streetcar. After nine minutes the sign updated to indicate 24 minutes till the next car. We gave up and ubered.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatJerry - 05-29-2017 09:54 AM

(05-29-2017 09:33 AM)Major ----de Coverley Wrote:  

Took some friends to OTR last night for drinks and dinner. They wanted to ride the streetcar while there so we bought 4 tickets to head up to rhinegeist . The electronic sign on the platform indicated 10 minutes till next streetcar. After nine minutes the sign updated to indicate 24 minutes till the next car. We gave up and ubered.

See, if you were doss, you'd have called your personal concierge and had a helicopter...fractional ownership, of course...pick you up and fly you there after getting frustrated with the experiment of "slumming it."

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 05-29-2017 11:45 AM

Except for going to Music Hall I have only been to OTR once in the last 50 years. Had dinner at Anchor. It was decent but not good enough to die for.

Was raised up till age 16 in South Corryville (aka N. OTR). Of my grade school class mates, one became a prosecuting attorney, another a Head of English Department at a High School, another became a Stew, and I a CPA/CFO, the rest likely became menial workers or convicts. Having escaped OTR I see little reason to return when folks are still getting shot.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 05-29-2017 01:36 PM

I think they're down a couple streetcars due damage from a recent wreck. That could account for a longer than expected wait.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 05-31-2017 09:14 AM

They should turn those signs off.. they are laughably inaccurate, which is amazing to me since everything else can give real time ETA's and a set loop can't calculate how many stops away a car is etc. I'd think this could be fixed rather cheaply.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 05-31-2017 09:17 AM

(05-31-2017 09:14 AM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  

They should turn those signs off.. they are laughably inaccurate

We attempted to ride the bus on rails once....thought we'd meet friends for dinner at the square and go to Rheingeist for drinks afterwards....the machines were not working so after 10 minutes of standing around with other people trying to get the dang thing to work, just got in the car and drove up.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - 50Cent - 05-31-2017 08:05 PM

Bring on the Crew. You blokes need to help sell out Nippert June 14th.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - RealDeal - 05-31-2017 08:12 PM

It'll be interesting to see what type of attendance they get. With a regional MLS opponent in a competitive tournament I'm thinking they could draw 30k

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 05-31-2017 09:47 PM

It's going to be huge. I wonder if they'll be able to broadcast that one.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 05-31-2017 10:17 PM

(05-31-2017 08:12 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  It'll be interesting to see what type of attendance they get. With a regional MLS opponent in a competitive tournament I'm thinking they could draw 30k

Wednesday night could be tough. Although, the reds will be out of town, which normally wouldn't affect attendance much, but for a non league weekday game, it'll only help. Wednesday night makes it tough for Columbus Crew fans to get down here too, but they will no doubt have a decent contingent.

If they market the hell out of this game, I'm expecting between 20k to 25k. But i wouldn't at all be surprised at 30k+.

Man, what an incredible environment that's going to be. Could be a glimpse at a future league rivalry game. The fanbases have been chirping since last year's shot at a matchup.

As far as the match goes, the simple fact it's happening is a win for FCC. Depending on how strong of a team Columbus throws out there, I think the Crew walk away victorious regardless. Upsets do happen though. Just this year in the open cup, a fully amateur, weekend warrior, bar soccer club beat a team of paid athletes.