CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ragpicker - 05-25-2017 05:22 PM

(05-25-2017 04:08 PM)geef Wrote:  That's likely on the larger size for FC at this point (MLS will attract more fans, but the price will exclude quite a few), but it'll give a bit of room to grow.

When the price point raises to support a MLS franchise, the $5 and $10 dollar entertainment crowd will go bye-bye. 40% reduction in attendance easily.

So are they going to fill our notches back in? LOL

C'mon UC, you didn't see this coming?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Cataclysmo - 05-25-2017 05:35 PM

(05-25-2017 05:22 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 04:08 PM)geef Wrote:  That's likely on the larger size for FC at this point (MLS will attract more fans, but the price will exclude quite a few), but it'll give a bit of room to grow.

When the price point raises to support a MLS franchise, the $5 and $10 dollar entertainment crowd will go bye-bye. 40% reduction in attendance easily.

Aren't they bound by contract to fill the notches back in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 05-25-2017 06:05 PM

Ah, yes. The contract.

My guess is this is the configuration going forward.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-25-2017 06:24 PM

(05-25-2017 05:35 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 05:22 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  

Aren't they bound by contract to fill the notches back in?

It wasn't in the first two.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatJerry - 05-25-2017 06:31 PM

(05-25-2017 06:05 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Ah, yes. The contract.

Of course it's the configuration going forward.

The previous coaching staff was on record about wanting more sideline space. Bohn has said that these structural modifications were needed because of safety. And the vast majority of posters on this board have repeatedly said how bad those seats were.

Nobody has seriously said why the money and energy would be spent on restoring an uninterrupted horseshoe.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 05-25-2017 06:55 PM

(05-25-2017 06:31 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

The previous coaching staff was on record about wanting more sideline space. Bohn has said that these structural modifications were needed because of safety. And the vast majority of posters on this board have repeatedly said how bad those seats were.

Nobody has seriously said why the money and energy would be spent on restoring an uninterrupted horseshoe.

For that matter no one has seriously said why the money and energy was spent on changing the stadium in the first place for a temporary tenant when it seemed to work fine with the original configuration last season. Throwing money away fixing what ain't broke.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 05-25-2017 07:24 PM

(05-25-2017 06:55 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  

For that matter no one has seriously said why the money and energy was spent on changing the stadium in the first place for a temporary tenant when it seemed to work fine with the original configuration last season. Throwing money away fixing what ain't broke.

He literally JUST said why...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - InspectorHound - 05-25-2017 07:34 PM

(05-25-2017 02:24 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Newport will probably lower their pants and raise their behinds for Carl Jr.

Heck, they would do that for Carl's Jr.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 05-25-2017 08:36 PM

I fear we are stuck with the ugly notches. Yes MB said the notches would be restored but he has been shown to be full of it.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 05-25-2017 08:37 PM

(05-25-2017 07:24 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Yeah, like those talking point excuses were even believable.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatJerry - 05-25-2017 08:41 PM

(05-25-2017 08:37 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 07:24 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Yeah, like those talking point excuses were even believable.

Look, I'm not trying to talk smack. These have literally been the points brought up over the past couple of years. Given that this has been the argument advanced by people, is there a scenario where the stadium reverts to its previous arrangement? (That's an honest question, by the way.)

And if I am remembering things incorrectly, please correct me.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Cataclysmo - 05-25-2017 09:02 PM

Eesh. Talk about snowflakes...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - gerhard911 - 05-25-2017 09:39 PM

(05-25-2017 09:02 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Eesh. Talk about snowflakes...

GFY

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 05-25-2017 09:52 PM

(05-25-2017 04:05 PM)50Cent Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 03:47 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Wherever they decide, I certainly would not invest any money in the stadium. FC Cincinnati will tail off rapidly if it moves out of Nippert.

Guess we shall see. Obviously you can't stand fc Cincinnati or soccer.

Moving stadiums will mean MLS and likely capacity of 25k.

Nope. I think having FC Cincinnati play at Nippert has been great for UC, for the UC student body, and for the local businesses (which is also good for UC and the student body).

I just think attendance will drop like a rock as soon as you move away from all those UC students enjoying $5 to $10 tickets. Not many of them are traveling for a higher priced ticket.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - RealDeal - 05-26-2017 05:29 AM

I do think FCC will do well wherever they go because the interest in soccer in this city is real and genuine but I also think Nippert is the best spot for them. Unfortunately MLS feels like owners need to have control over their stadiums.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 05-26-2017 06:29 AM

Listening to the statements it still sounds like there is desire within some at FCC to use Nippert even for MLS, but they are putting alternatives together to make the best possible pitch to MLS. My hope is still for them to stay at Nippert in the MLS.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcat1010 - 05-26-2017 07:31 AM

(05-25-2017 09:52 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 03:47 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Wherever they decide, I certainly would not invest any money in the stadium. FC Cincinnati will tail off rapidly if it moves out of Nippert.

Nope. I think having FC Cincinnati play at Nippert has been great for UC, for the UC student body, and for the local businesses (which is also good for UC and the student body).

I just think attendance will drop like a rock as soon as you move away from all those UC students enjoying $5 to $10 tickets. Not many of them are traveling for a higher priced ticket.

How many UC students are in the area year-round? It has been a while since I was on campus during the summer but it was a barren wasteland way back when.

With a move to the MLS the $5 tickets will go away but there will still be options in the $12-15 range. If FCC is smart the cheaper tickets behind the goal approach will remain in place.

I'd expect attendance to settle into the 12-14k range after the move which is a solid MLS start. Field a good team and it goes up. I still think the odds of getting an MLS spot are very low.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - OKIcat - 05-26-2017 08:37 AM

Realistically, there won't be one shovel of dirt turned on a new stadium unless the ownership group has assurances of MLS entry. If this is "build it and they will come" it may be a fool's errand given Cincinnati's market size compared with other much larger cities with ownership groups waiting in line.

Regarding Nippert restoration, should the MLS give FC a green light, I would expect the notches to be restored. A wider footprint for the field area and elimination of poor view seating at the base of the bowl seem to be beneficial changes that would remain.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - MercerCo_BearCat - 05-26-2017 02:19 PM

(05-26-2017 07:31 AM)Bearcat1010 Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 09:52 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  

How many UC students are in the area year-round? It has been a while since I was on campus during the summer but it was a barren wasteland way back when.

With a move to the MLS the $5 tickets will go away but there will still be options in the $12-15 range. If FCC is smart the cheaper tickets behind the goal approach will remain in place.

I'd expect attendance to settle into the 12-14k range after the move which is a solid MLS start. Field a good team and it goes up. I still think the odds of getting an MLS spot are very low.

There are about 10000 students there over the summer between Engineers, Daap, and Nursing

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bruce Monnin - 05-26-2017 04:44 PM

(05-26-2017 02:19 PM)MercerCo_BearCat Wrote:  There are about 10000 students there over the summer between Engineers, Daap, and Nursing

Plus the ones who are co-oping in the greater Cincinnati area and thus still live in their near campus housing.