CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-01-2017 01:11 PM

(04-30-2017 05:37 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 05:07 PM)crex043 Wrote:  I'll give negative rep points to the first person that mentions Nancy Zimpher, Sippin' Mick, FC Cincinnati, and the Nippert Notches in a single incoherent post.

Any post that mentions Nancy Zimpher, Sippin' Mick, FC Cincinnati, and the Nippert Notches in one post would have to be incoherent.

So...you admit to being incoherent?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 05-01-2017 02:19 PM

(05-01-2017 12:44 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 02:56 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 02:42 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 12:59 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(04-30-2017 12:07 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  The notches were not the strangest thing at graduation. That award goes to Nancy Zimpher being award an honorary doctorate.
Honorary Decorate in Destruction. I never felt she was not within her right to fire Huggs. It was how she did it when she did it and the negative effect. In business I avoided firing anyone until I had a plan to replace the person without a substantial negative impact.

Was she booed?

None that I heard.

I just wanted to add that I heard no boos either, except the ones that came from me (and I kept it pretty subdued).

I did immediate get a text from my daughter who was graduating, asking if I was OK. I texted her a big ole BOOOOO.

Not surprising since the majority of students graduating were probably in about the 8th grade when she left town.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-25-2017 12:23 PM

Three FCC sites have been revealed: the old Milacron site in Oakley, the border of OTR in the West End (Taft High School Field), and the Ovation site in Newport.

My bet is on Newport because The Ohio money has been tapped out and the convention center, US Bank Arena, and the Bengals all have their hands outstretched. A little
Money can go a long way in Newport.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bctn8n - 05-25-2017 12:26 PM

Majority Chance it lands in OTR. Minor Chance in Newport. Almost Zero chance it happens in Oakley. My guess it is 75, 20, and 5.

I have seen the renderings. Very nice stadium and will be much better than the one in Columbus and reminds me of World Cup Stadiums.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 05-25-2017 12:32 PM

(05-25-2017 12:23 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Three FCC sites have been revealed: the old Milacron site in Oakley, the border of OTR in the West End (Taft High School Field), and the Ovation site in Newport.

My bet is on Newport because The Ohio money has been tapped out and the convention center, US Bank Arena, and the Bengals all have their hands outstretched. A little

I think Newport would be an awesome place for the stadium. Sightlines to downtown a la PNC Park in Pittsburgh, easy in and out location with 471 and 75 as well as all surface bridges, walkable to downtown and the Levee for family type environment. It might have some red tape with the Army Corps though, as there would probably be considerable rejiggering of the levee itself in order to fit a stadium and sufficient parking. I don't consider the Taft Field to be OTR, and that would be an...interesting...place for night games, that's for sure.

The Ovation site has long been one that I've wished would get developed. Prime real estate, great location, just not the appropriate owners or consumers. The Ovation project would've been an awesome one in and of itself, but a stadium would definitely work too. Also wouldn't be an added bill for the Hamilton County taxpayers.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 05-25-2017 01:24 PM

Very surprised the covington IRS site was not in there.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 05-25-2017 01:42 PM

(05-25-2017 01:24 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Very surprised the covington IRS site was not in there.

I think the NKY draw is that there is minimal demolition and the benefit of skyline views and closeness to family amenities...the IRS site has no skyline views, and it a difficult site to get to with nowhere near enough space for a stadium/parking. I didn't realize that they had closed down the IRS building, though I guess that's what happens when I move out of the area for a few years.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-25-2017 01:50 PM

(05-25-2017 01:24 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  Very surprised the covington IRS site was not in there.

Covington would have been better. Very close to freeway, Main Strasse and Covington bars are right there. No floodwall to deal with.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 05-25-2017 01:53 PM

That Newport spot would be cool but an utter nightmare from a traffic perspective. A 2 lane bridge to the west over the licking river and a 2 lane one way street to the east. Those are the access points.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 05-25-2017 02:01 PM

(05-25-2017 01:53 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  That Newport spot would be cool but an utter nightmare from a traffic perspective. A 2 lane bridge to the west over the licking river and a 2 lane one way street to the east. Those are the access points.

Don't forget the Southgate Bridge too...and they could do lane manipulation on that one for pregame input and postgame outflow traffic. If I had to guess, they would probably piggyback off of the Levee parking too, which could alleviate some of the traffic on 3rd. They would definitely have to do some infrastructure adjustments and traffic pattern magic though. I would think the Taft site would be just as bad with how difficult left turns across Liberty and Central Parkway would be. The only one that wouldn't have traffic input issues would be Milacron (although with the way the lateral and 71 gets during Rush Hour I'm not even sure that statement is true), which is why so many stadiums end up in the 'burbs. Traffic is the tradeoff.

I could see the Covington Historic District residents putting up a huge stink about the Ovation site though...that would be a nightmare from their perspective. Although, the businesses around there would love it I bet, and the Hofbrauhaus is the perfect place to transition for the Mecklenberg group.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-25-2017 02:01 PM

(05-25-2017 12:32 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 12:23 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Three FCC sites have been revealed: the old Milacron site in Oakley, the border of OTR in the West End (Taft High School Field), and the Ovation site in Newport.

I think Newport would be an awesome place for the stadium. Sightlines to downtown a la PNC Park in Pittsburgh, easy in and out location with 471 and 75 as well as all surface bridges, walkable to downtown and the Levee for family type environment. It might have some red tape with the Army Corps though, as there would probably be considerable rejiggering of the levee itself in order to fit a stadium and sufficient parking. I don't consider the Taft Field to be OTR, and that would be an...interesting...place for night games, that's for sure.

The Ovation site has long been one that I've wished would get developed. Prime real estate, great location, just not the appropriate owners or consumers. The Ovation project would've been an awesome one in and of itself, but a stadium would definitely work too. Also wouldn't be an added bill for the Hamilton County taxpayers.

The Ovation concept is an out-of-scale monstrosity. If Newport exerts the same lack of care that they did with the high rise next to the Big Mac bridge, the skyline would be damaged for years to come. The back of that building is value engineered like a cheap Myrtle Beach high rise rental and blocks the view of evrything behind it. I expected Ovation to be more of the same.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-25-2017 02:04 PM

(05-25-2017 12:26 PM)bctn8n Wrote:  Majority Chance it lands in OTR. Minor Chance in Newport. Almost Zero chance it happens in Oakley. My guess it is 75, 20, and 5.

I have seen the renderings. Very nice stadium and will be much better than the one in Columbus and reminds me of World Cup Stadiums.

I dunno...the West End?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bctn8n - 05-25-2017 02:07 PM

(05-25-2017 02:04 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 12:26 PM)bctn8n Wrote:  Majority Chance it lands in OTR. Minor Chance in Newport. Almost Zero chance it happens in Oakley. My guess it is 75, 20, and 5.

I dunno...the West End?

The only thing I was told was "West of Central" but with in walking distance of the OTR entertainment districts. The Idea for Newport would be for the people to pre game in Cincy and walk over but the fear would be the team would no longer be Cincinnati but Kentucky.

Oakley has too much redtape.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-25-2017 02:08 PM

Anyway, to keep this relevant to UC, does Nippert really have a long-term future with FCC?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bctn8n - 05-25-2017 02:13 PM

(05-25-2017 02:08 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  Anyway, to keep this relevant to UC, does Nippert really have a long-term future with FCC?

If the MLS happens, No. If MLS does not happen, yes. That came out of the same conversation that I had about the stadium.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 05-25-2017 02:16 PM

(05-25-2017 02:01 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 12:32 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

The Ovation concept is an out-of-scale monstrosity. If Newport exerts the same lack of care that they did with the high rise next to the Big Mac bridge, the skyline would be damaged for years to come. The back of that building is value engineered like a cheap Myrtle Beach high rise rental and blocks the view of evrything behind it. I expected Ovation to be more of the same.

Obviously they would've needed overall community approval as well as Army Corp approval which is what was always rumored to be the thing cutting up the agreement. The two proposals themselves always looked rather interesting from the civil engineer/urban developed side of me. I personally don't think the Newport highrise next to the BIgMac looked all that bad from the Cincinnati side, the back side was grotesque but they were also cognizant of the fact that no one was buying a unit for that side of the building. The Ovation would've had to be a 360° design, rather than the 180° design of Southwinds or whatever it is called now....something along the lines of the Ascent in Covington.

[Image: MixedUse_Main_Ovation.jpg]

[Image: IMAGINATION%202020%20BROCHURE%20NEWPORT%20OVIATION.jpg]

They're definitely doing something down there though...Corporex bought up quite a bit of real estate in the later part of 2016 and there is work going on with the 4th/5th Street flip that looks oddly similar to the road designs for the office complexes in their initial renderings. One thing's for sure, that will cost top dollar for the property.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 05-25-2017 02:22 PM

(05-25-2017 02:07 PM)bctn8n Wrote:  

I dunno...the West End?

The only thing I was told was "West of Central" but with in walking distance of the OTR entertainment districts. The Idea for Newport would be for the people to pre game in Cincy and walk over but the fear would be the team would no longer be Cincinnati but Kentucky.

The Taft site is ABSOLUTELY ideal. Would be a fantastic location. I actually think that's the least likely however. Gonna be tough to convince them to want to move, that stadium and track is relatively new.

I've heard that Oakley area is horrible for traffic with Madtree and crossroads. 20k+ wouldn't exactly help.

I think the Kentucky location is most likely, yet least desirable.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatMan - 05-25-2017 02:24 PM

(05-25-2017 02:22 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 02:07 PM)bctn8n Wrote:  

I dunno...the West End?

The Taft site is ABSOLUTELY ideal. Would be a fantastic location. I actually think that's the least likely however. Gonna be tough to convince them to want to move, that stadium and track is relatively new.

I've heard that Oakley area is horrible for traffic with Madtree and crossroads. 20k+ wouldn't exactly help.

I think the Kentucky location is most likely, yet least desirable.

Why would you say that, outside of the fact that it's in Kentucky. I would argue that it's the closest to the most additional entertainment areas, as well as the CBD. The Taft site is right next to an absolutely awful neighborhood and not exactly close to the strongest part of OTR (Vine) and extremely far from the Banks.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 05-25-2017 02:24 PM

My ranking of most likely to least:

1. Newport
2. Oakley
3. West End

I think West End will scare off the West Chester minivan crowd. Tough sell.

Oakley probably has the most broad appeal. Acceptable to hipsters and suburbanites alike. Close to the highway.

Newport. Highest profile location, right across from downtown and other sports venues. Newport will probably lower their pants and raise their behinds for Carl Jr.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bctn8n - 05-25-2017 02:26 PM

The Stadium location would border the Licking River if they were to build it in Kentucky. Right now it is just an empty lot.

But that is the least likely option.