CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 04-18-2017 01:17 PM

Replacing the entire field should cost north of $800,000 to 900,000.

Like buying a new house because the drapes are getting dingy.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 04-18-2017 03:06 PM

(04-18-2017 01:17 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Replacing the entire field should cost north of $800,000 to 900,000.

If it's just the drapes, I agree that there's no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

The real question is "Does the carpet match the drapes?".

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 04-18-2017 03:19 PM

It rarely does.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 04-18-2017 04:01 PM

(04-18-2017 01:17 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Replacing the entire field should cost north of $800,000 to 900,000.

More like you draped the east facing windows and then years latter decided to drape the south windows with the same color, but of course not only is it from a different dye lot but the east drapses have faded.

But with the Prince's Notches to deflect ones attention, one hardly notices color difference.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Bearcats#1 - 04-18-2017 04:09 PM

Doss does this...all the super rich do

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 04-18-2017 06:21 PM

If Luke keeps getting local 4 stars even I will get over the vile things done to Nippert.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 04-18-2017 07:14 PM

(04-18-2017 03:19 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It rarely does.
You're just mad that the AD doesn't let you land your personal helicopter on the Nippert turf anymore.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatsUC - 04-19-2017 08:33 AM

(04-17-2017 08:48 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 08:29 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 07:32 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 06:41 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Nippert is uc's but that doesn't mean we can't have a very fruitful partnetship with fcc.

So how fruitful is the deal? Lots of guessing on this board. C'mon Counselor, use your legal degree and have the public University release the contract. Then we can discuss the true monetary value to UC.

Yeah c'mon mark!!!! Neither you, nor anyone for that matter, have listed any positives in any of the numerous threads about this subject.

And that contract totally hasn't ever been posted on this board before... not once ever. Nope. It's definitely not out there in the public already.

It'll never be fruitful enough. You go from $0 in off-season to whatever number has been posted repeatedly by those that did the math. But it's "well it shoudlve been more!" or "UC is paying FCC, because it allowed FCC to recoup it's investment during its games" or some other ridiculous spinning pile of garbage.

And in two pages we are gonna hit the "it destroyed Nipperts character and charm" section. Then doss will silently wimper into the interwebs some lame troll. Then it'll go back to UC losing money, then that'll get disproved... again. Then we'll get the "it'll never last" section from a eurosnob. Then it'll probably be time for another feeble doss quip. Then we hit money again. Then charm. Then personal shots. Then a faint doss line. Then...

There's never been a more apt smiley face dude than 03-banghead

I posted the contract a while ago with the intent of getting more people on the same page. That worked out well.

You complain that the same annoying points are repeated over and over (irony), and encourage more of the same by hurling insults. This always leads to productive threads (sarcasm).

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - jnewyouth - 04-21-2017 09:37 AM

FC Cincinnati just outdrew the Reds on Wednesday night. We are lucky to be part of something special. Here's hoping Nippert remains their home when (if) they get called up to MLS.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Racinejake - 04-21-2017 09:46 AM

(04-21-2017 09:37 AM)jnewyouth Wrote:  FC Cincinnati just outdrew the Reds on Wednesday night. We are lucky to be part of something special. Here's hoping Nippert remains their home when (if) they get called up to MLS.

Yes, hopefully we'll be able to make a pile of dough out of it

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - OKIcat - 04-21-2017 10:33 AM

(04-21-2017 09:46 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(04-21-2017 09:37 AM)jnewyouth Wrote:  FC Cincinnati just outdrew the Reds on Wednesday night. We are lucky to be part of something special. Here's hoping Nippert remains their home when (if) they get called up to MLS.

Not only that, is UC leveraging these FCC crowds on campus to:
-promote/sell UC football tickets (promo pricing for a game, etc.)
-promote student enrollment, campus tours, etc.
-promote UC men's and women's soccer
promote UC licensed merchandise sales (I noticed the Bookstore now stocks FCC gear so if they're getting soccer fans in the door how about some cross promotion?).

As others have noted, the benefit of FCC is getting people Uptown and on our beautiful campus--many for the first time. UC needs to leverage that exposure to maximize the ROI of allowing FCC to call Clifton Campus home.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 04-24-2017 08:35 AM

(04-21-2017 10:33 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

promote UC licensed merchandise sales (I noticed the Bookstore now stocks FCC gear so if they're getting soccer fans in the door how about some cross promotion?).

As others have noted, the benefit of FCC is getting people Uptown and on our beautiful campus--many for the first time. UC needs to leverage that exposure to maximize the ROI of allowing FCC to call Clifton Campus home.

Especially since as mentioned, many come to FCC game for first time and have only heard from other suburbanites how dangerous it is etc.. after being on campus and seeing the beauty and much safer environment than they imagined they change their tune. I have heard 2 people I know that have said due to attending an FCC game their kids are seriously considering going there.. they were OSU/UK families through and through prior to actually stepping foot on UC's campus..

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 04-24-2017 09:05 AM

^^ Definitely see that here in my corner of suburbia. The guy two houses down is a huge tOSU fan (he and his wife are Miami U grads). They now have the FC Cincinnati sticker on the back of the mini-van and are season ticket holders. Prior to soccer coming to campus he hadn't been to UC since the early 90s and I don't think his wife had ever been on campus.

Their oldest, a junior, has indicated he intends to go to UC in 2018.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatJerry - 04-24-2017 09:48 AM

I'm going to call a marginal "BS" on some of this...

I don't doubt that getting people on campus helps raise UC's overall profile, but...
I don't think people coming to see FC-Cincinnati by-and-large are:
1) going to buy UC gear. They MAY buy FC-Cincinnati gear at the bookstore, but they are coming for FCC, not UC sports. So...
2) going to buy UC FB tickets. If they are (American) Football fans, they are already fans of other programs or levels of football. But they are coming to see soccer, not football. So I would be surprised if any number of FC-Cincinnati fans actually turn up at Nippert for a Bearcat FB game. (My anecdotal proof of this is that one of my Morgantown families has a kid working in Cincinnati now...He goes to FC-Cincinnati games regularly, sits in "The Bailey," and says he "loves it." But when asked about UC football, he says "It's trash," and "I don't watch lower-level schools." So...good luck at changing perceptions just by bringing people into the stadium.)
3) going to buy UC soccer tickets. As mentioned above, they are there to watch "FC-Cincinnati," not the Bearcats.

As a clergyman, I see this all the time with Churches who rent out their space/buildings to all sorts of outside groups with the hope that someone who attends some other function will start to come on Sundays. It is extremely rare that actually happens. People who come for some other function are coming for that expressed purpose, and when they are done with that purpose they leave and move onto the next thing. Granted, you are getting people into campus who see the campus and that's a good thing. But I think the other pieces are of dubious value.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 04-24-2017 10:02 AM

(04-24-2017 09:48 AM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  

I don't doubt that getting people on campus helps raise UC's overall profile, but...
1) going to buy UC gear. They MAY buy FC-Cincinnati gear at the bookstore, but they are coming for FCC, not UC sports. So...
2) going to buy UC FB tickets. If they are (American) Football fans, they are already fans of other programs or levels of football. But they are coming to see soccer, not football. So I would be surprised if any number of FC-Cincinnati fans actually turn up at Nippert for a Bearcat FB game. (My anecdotal proof of this is that one of my Morgantown families has a kid working in Cincinnati now...He goes to FC-Cincinnati games regularly, sits in "The Bailey," and says he "loves it." But when asked about UC football, he says "It's trash," and "I don't watch lower-level schools." So...good luck at changing perceptions just by bringing people into the stadium.)
3) going to buy UC soccer tickets. As mentioned above, they are there to watch "FC-Cincinnati," not the Bearcats.

As a clergyman, I see this all the time with Churches who rent out their space/buildings to all sorts of outside groups with the hope that someone who attends some other function will start to come on Sundays. It is extremely rare that actually happens. People who come for some other function are coming for that expressed purpose, and when they are done with that purpose they leave and move onto the next thing. Granted, you are getting people into campus who see the campus and that's a good thing. But I think the other pieces are of dubious value.

You nailed it to perfection.

These so called side benefits are anecdotal at best. The only benefit UC should expect is does FCC pay a fair price for the use after considering the "Special Features Demanded" and appeasing Prince Lindner.

We are not the Clifton/Corryville Chamber of Commerce charged with helping the area bars and eateries.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - CliftonAve - 04-24-2017 10:14 AM

Agree for the most part. You are not going to get the die-hard OSU/UK/Other school person to switch allegiances. Were I differ is that this is a window to give these folks a sample of what they have in their back yard. Most are going to remain Bucknut/Blueneck/Golden Domers, but there will be a percentage of people who will bite and come down for a game or two now that they realize the campus area is not Fallujah, despite what they hear on Channel 12 or from their neighbors in West Chester and Mason.

Growing the fan base by even 1% is something that should be strongly encouraged.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BearcatJerry - 04-24-2017 10:20 AM

(04-24-2017 10:02 AM)doss2 Wrote:  

You nailed it to perfection.

These so called side benefits are anecdotal at best. The only benefit UC should expect is does FCC pay a fair price for the use after considering the "Special Features Demanded" and appeasing Prince Lindner.

We are not the Clifton/Corryville Chamber of Commerce charged with helping the area bars and eateries.

Look... I don't want to minimize the impact of getting people into the area WILL have. Seriously. As people have said, it only HELPS UC to get new people onto campus and see what the Campus has become.

I just don't think that this will result in hordes of new UC sports fans and UC merch flying off the shelves. What changes that is a long-term project of UC students who go to UC games. (As opposed to the cited neighbors who are Miami grads who root for OSU...)

And yeah, the prospect of new students who attend UC will play into that down the pipeline... But that's at least 10 years down the line.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 04-24-2017 10:22 AM

You spent an awful lot of time calling "BS", when you completely missed what OKIcat was saying. He wasn't claiming that all of what he listed was happening. He was saying that UC needs to be holding FCC's feet to the fire more in asking them to cross promote the university. I think we'd all agree on that.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - OKIcat - 04-24-2017 10:50 AM

(04-24-2017 09:05 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  ^^ Definitely see that here in my corner of suburbia. The guy two houses down is a huge tOSU fan (he and his wife are Miami U grads). They now have the FC Cincinnati sticker on the back of the mini-van and are season ticket holders. Prior to soccer coming to campus he hadn't been to UC since the early 90s and I don't think his wife had ever been on campus.

Their oldest, a junior, has indicated he intends to go to UC in 2018.

Interesting. I have a friend from high school who grew up here but has lived in St. Louis for decades now. He was shocked (and is still in disbelief) when I told him recently that Forbes named UC one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. And he remembers OTR as it was too.

I told him we'd have a craft beer in Clifton the next time he's in town and he'll become a believer. Unfortunately, you don't have to be six hours away to suffer from this ignorance of what's happened Uptown. There are plenty within the I-275 beltway that don't have a clue. So yes, any new visitors to campus who have a positive experience will share that with others. Rebranding is often a slow, costly process but the crowds FCC bring can accelerate it considerably.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Captain Bearcat - 04-24-2017 10:58 AM

(04-24-2017 10:22 AM)geef Wrote:  

You spent an awful lot of time calling "BS", when you completely missed what OKIcat was saying. He wasn't claiming that all of what he listed was happening. He was saying that UC needs to be holding FCC's feet to the fire more in asking them to cross promote the university. I think we'd all agree on that.

Cross promotion is not necessary. Our campus sells itself.

I've spent a lot of time on college campuses - I know about 15 campuses intimately and have visited another 2 or 3 dozen in the past decade. UC is the nicest of the bunch.

Even if UC just had an average campus like OSU or Indiana, getting suburbanites whose only knowledge of Clifton comes from the local news to come on campus would upgrade their opinion of UC.