CSNbbs
Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight (/thread-810171.html)

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ragpicker - 04-17-2017 07:32 PM

(04-17-2017 06:41 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Nippert is uc's but that doesn't mean we can't have a very fruitful partnetship with fcc.

So how fruitful is the deal? Lots of guessing on this board. C'mon Counselor, use your legal degree and have the public University release the contract. Then we can discuss the true monetary value to UC.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 04-17-2017 08:29 PM

(04-17-2017 07:32 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 06:41 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Nippert is uc's but that doesn't mean we can't have a very fruitful partnetship with fcc.

So how fruitful is the deal? Lots of guessing on this board. C'mon Counselor, use your legal degree and have the public University release the contract. Then we can discuss the true monetary value to UC.

Yeah c'mon mark!!!! Neither you, nor anyone for that matter, have listed any positives in any of the numerous threads about this subject.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - The T-Shirt - 04-17-2017 08:48 PM

(04-17-2017 08:29 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  

Yeah c'mon mark!!!! Neither you, nor anyone for that matter, have listed any positives in any of the numerous threads about this subject.

And that contract totally hasn't ever been posted on this board before... not once ever. Nope. It's definitely not out there in the public already.

It'll never be fruitful enough. You go from $0 in off-season to whatever number has been posted repeatedly by those that did the math. But it's "well it shoudlve been more!" or "UC is paying FCC, because it allowed FCC to recoup it's investment during its games" or some other ridiculous spinning pile of garbage.

And in two pages we are gonna hit the "it destroyed Nipperts character and charm" section. Then doss will silently wimper into the interwebs some lame troll. Then it'll go back to UC losing money, then that'll get disproved... again. Then we'll get the "it'll never last" section from a eurosnob. Then it'll probably be time for another feeble doss quip. Then we hit money again. Then charm. Then personal shots. Then a faint doss line. Then...

There's never been a more apt smiley face dude than 03-banghead

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Cataclysmo - 04-17-2017 09:34 PM

This same debate breaks out on every single FCC thread. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's broken out multiple times in this thread alone. And it's always the same people taking the same sides.

Doesn't anyone have anything new to say? Where's Duane?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - crex043 - 04-17-2017 11:12 PM

(04-17-2017 09:34 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  This same debate breaks out on every single FCC thread. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's broken out multiple times in this thread alone. And it's always the same people taking the same sides.

This debate also rears its ugly head in other non-related threads - such as the 5/3 Renovation thread, to name one. Usually as some sort of underhanded "Prince Lindner" reference. It's probably the same people who still haven't gotten the twist out of their knickers over another Lindner's ownership of the Reds.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - BeerCat - 04-17-2017 11:56 PM

(04-17-2017 08:48 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 08:29 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  

And that contract totally hasn't ever been posted on this board before... not once ever. Nope. It's definitely not out there in the public already.

It'll never be fruitful enough. You go from $0 in off-season to whatever number has been posted repeatedly by those that did the math. But it's "well it shoudlve been more!" or "UC is paying FCC, because it allowed FCC to recoup it's investment during its games" or some other ridiculous spinning pile of garbage.

And in two pages we are gonna hit the "it destroyed Nipperts character and charm" section. Then doss will silently wimper into the interwebs some lame troll. Then it'll go back to UC losing money, then that'll get disproved... again. Then we'll get the "it'll never last" section from a eurosnob. Then it'll probably be time for another feeble doss quip. Then we hit money again. Then charm. Then personal shots. Then a faint doss line. Then...

There's never been a more apt smiley face dude than 03-banghead

You forgot, "what are they hiding!?!? Why hasn't Mike Bohn come to Bearcat Banter to inform the posters here of every detail?"

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - doss2 - 04-18-2017 06:35 AM

(04-17-2017 11:12 PM)crex043 Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 09:34 PM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  This same debate breaks out on every single FCC thread. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's broken out multiple times in this thread alone. And it's always the same people taking the same sides.

This debate also rears its ugly head in other non-related threads - such as the 5/3 Renovation thread, to name one. Usually as some sort of underhanded "Prince Lindner" reference. It's probably the same people who still haven't gotten the twist out of their knickers over another Lindner's ownership of the Reds.

I don't think anyone cares how bad, but well intentioned, Carl was as a Reds owner.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 04-18-2017 07:59 AM

MLS celebrates Seattle with their partnership with a team who has ALOT more control over a stadium.. Granted both the Sounders and the Seahawks are owned by Paul Allen iirc, but it needs to be a stadium where Soccer isn't compromised by a pitchers mound, outfield wall, or as previously in Nippert, and endzone wall..

I agree with the sentiment that anywhere else they plop a stadium will be YEARS before it creates half the atmosphere of Nippert.. the only place that is building an infrastructure is up by Madtree 2.0, but even that will feel more manufactured and less wrigleyville esque for years..

I understand the complaints, but as mentioned previously, the actual field for Nippert is used very little.. maybe 12-15(at most depending on high school football playoffs/events, and we know FCC draws more of a crowd, and a more $$$ soaked crowd for the surrounding business') ticketed events in the calendar year(now that Lacrosse moved to the properly sized field by Corry).. why not try to produce revenue for an additional 17-25 days a year?

Between parking and neighborhood establishments, this should really provide a nice boom to the university that we all want to succeed immensely.. If reports are true that we can barely afford a 15k basketball payout(I firmly don't believe that), then the 40k(10 dollars x 4k cars) from parking alone during each home game will certainly help the athletic department/university run like a much heavier University..

My only real beef is the turf they have.. it looks like a shoddy patchwork because of some patches being bought this year(in student endzone area), and the endzone patches..

Either replace the field turf at one time so its a more solid hue, or go real grass.. I know real grass will eliminate students playing on field which is a BIG issue for most, but with the field size and real grass we also open ourselves up to hosting more international friendlies, and world cup qualifiers/games, as well as having a football field that just looks and feels better..

I have never seen a bunch of people so adverse to allowing their university to use it's facilities to make more money than this group at times.. OSU uses their stadium for multiple major concerts in the summer, they hosted the Crew until they had their own stadium etc..

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - MercerCo_BearCat - 04-18-2017 08:03 AM

(04-18-2017 07:59 AM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  MLS celebrates Seattle with their partnership with a team who has ALOT more control over a stadium.. Granted both the Sounders and the Seahawks are owned by Paul Allen iirc, but it needs to be a stadium where Soccer isn't compromised by a pitchers mound, outfield wall, or as previously in Nippert, and endzone wall..

I agree with the sentiment that anywhere else they plop a stadium will be YEARS before it creates half the atmosphere of Nippert.. the only place that is building an infrastructure is up by Madtree 2.0, but even that will feel more manufactured and less wrigleyville esque for years..

I understand the complaints, but as mentioned previously, the actual field for Nippert is used very little.. maybe 12-15(at most depending on high school football playoffs/events, and we know FCC draws more of a crowd, and a more $$$ soaked crowd for the surrounding business') ticketed events in the calendar year(now that Lacrosse moved to the properly sized field by Corry).. why not try to produce revenue for an additional 17-25 days a year?

Between parking and neighborhood establishments, this should really provide a nice boom to the university that we all want to succeed immensely.. If reports are true that we can barely afford a 15k basketball payout(I firmly don't believe that), then the 40k(10 dollars x 4k cars) from parking alone during each home game will certainly help the athletic department/university run like a much heavier University..

My only real beef is the turf they have.. it looks like a shoddy patchwork because of some patches being bought this year(in student endzone area), and the endzone patches..

Either replace the field turf at one time so its a more solid hue, or go real grass.. I know real grass will eliminate students playing on field which is a BIG issue for most, but with the field size and real grass we also open ourselves up to hosting more international friendlies, and world cup qualifiers/games, as well as having a football field that just looks and feels better..

I have never seen a bunch of people so adverse to allowing their university to use it's facilities to make more money than this group at times.. OSU uses their stadium for multiple major concerts in the summer, they hosted the Crew until they had their own stadium etc..

I bet it will be the same color by football season. Let the sun beat down on it for 6 months.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 04-18-2017 08:32 AM

(04-18-2017 08:03 AM)MercerCo_BearCat Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 07:59 AM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  MLS celebrates Seattle with their partnership with a team who has ALOT more control over a stadium.. Granted both the Sounders and the Seahawks are owned by Paul Allen iirc, but it needs to be a stadium where Soccer isn't compromised by a pitchers mound, outfield wall, or as previously in Nippert, and endzone wall..

I bet it will be the same color by football season. Let the sun beat down on it for 6 months.

Has nothing to do with the color. It's that the old turf is really matted down, probably some of it due to heavy equipment being driven on it, while the new patch work stuff sticks straight up.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 04-18-2017 09:32 AM

(04-18-2017 08:32 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  

Has nothing to do with the color. It's that the old turf is really matted down, probably some of it due to heavy equipment being driven on it, while the new patch work stuff sticks straight up.

It looks terribad either way.. either replace it all with new fieldturf, or with real grass.. FCC and UC Football don't deserve to be on a field that looks and plays(see multiple balls from Saturday, and cuts made by skill players friday) like it is a patchwork of different materials..

It may have just been the quick turnaround to remove endzone panels etc, but I hope the field is evened out over the FCC season, and come football time the color/field level have evened out..

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Edgebrookjeff - 04-18-2017 09:56 AM

(04-18-2017 09:32 AM)Ahhhorsepoo Wrote:  

It looks terribad either way.. either replace it all with new fieldturf, or with real grass.. FCC and UC Football don't deserve to be on a field that looks and plays(see multiple balls from Saturday, and cuts made by skill players friday) like it is a patchwork of different materials..

It may have just been the quick turnaround to remove endzone panels etc, but I hope the field is evened out over the FCC season, and come football time the color/field level have evened out..

I think the same turf was used for both events over the weekend, and they added the football lines to the soccer turf. If you were at the FCC game on saturday, you could still see where they tried to remove the football lines. Don't they have separate turf packages for each sport that are interchangeable? I'm not sure why it wasn't changed last weekend?

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatfan - 04-18-2017 10:01 AM

The cutouts look ok but I agree about the turf. It looks worn out already or perhaps they just did not condition it prior to the Spring game.

The football field looked very nice the year prior to FCC. I believe it was a brand new field or at least no more than a year old. I know they had to replace it to accommodate FCC and to allow for it to be repainted for each sport.

I'm not sure real grass would be the way to go. What are the cost differences? Injuries on grass vs. field turf?

I'm not going to whine about the agreement with FCC any more unless it turns into a Mike Brown type of situation.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 04-18-2017 10:12 AM

I thought they switched out the large endzone panels and basically everything else was just painted/cleared.. but the endzone areas are what looked to be most lumpy/ugh...

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - geef - 04-18-2017 10:39 AM

(04-17-2017 11:13 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(04-17-2017 10:55 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  If MLS comes to Cincinnati, the FCC experience will suffer without the irreplaceable environment that is Nippert.

I know this has come up a ton, but I think the idea that they cannot continue to play Nippert in the MLS is a big leap. Soccer specific does not mean "Soccer only." I think the changes made are built towards showing the MLS that Nippert could work beautifully as a soccer specific stadium. Maybe the MLS won't agree, but I'm not so sure. Something special has been happening there and I could easily see Nippert being a long term MLS home for FCC.

I'm a bit late chiming in on this, but I agree. The language that MLS has used around soccer-specific stadiums has some wiggle room that would allow Nippert to be utilized. San Diego, which has quickly become an expansion favorite, is even proposing to build a stadium that's shared by MLS and San Diego State for football. The location of Nippert works perfectly. Look no further than Dallas, Colorado, and Chicago and the complete lack of atmosphere (and attendance) at their far-flung suburban stadiums. Nippert, Providence Park (PDX), Orlando, etc have great atmospheres because of their urban locations.

The one stipulation of MLS, and I mentioned this before, that might be the biggest challenge is stadium control. I'm a MLS season ticket holder, I love the sport, and I think that Nippert is as good as it comes for soccer (for so many reasons) in this country, but this is UC's stadium and it always should be. Ultimately, I believe it can and will work - Portland allows Portland State University to schedule their football games before the MLS schedule comes out, and it's never an issue. The MLS season is 8 months long, and there's only 2 months of overlap with football. It can be worked out.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - JackieTreehorn - 04-18-2017 11:15 AM

Yeah, the ridiculous looking cutouts are okay, but the turf is the dealbreaker for aesthetics03-lmfao

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rtaylor - 04-18-2017 12:40 PM

(04-18-2017 11:15 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  

Yeah, the ridiculous looking cutouts are okay, but the turf is the dealbreaker for aesthetics03-lmfao

What's wrong with that? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it disagrees with yours.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - bearcatmark - 04-18-2017 12:41 PM

Eh... field looked great last year. I'm confident it will look great come football season as always.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - rath v2.0 - 04-18-2017 12:45 PM

Yep, the field will look fine. They design this so that they change colors with a little bit of exposure to the elements.

RE: Nippert Defilement - Saw it Tonight - Ahhhorsepoo - 04-18-2017 01:04 PM

(04-18-2017 11:15 AM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  

I was talking about the turf looking bad.. nothing to do with the cutouts.. I don't think anyone thinks the cutouts look GREAT.. but many understood why they were needed/wanted..

again, I will restate.. the turf does not look even, whether level wise, or color wise.. and I think they can attack it multiple ways to get it to look better..