CSNbbs
LU football FBS games - to be updated - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Liberty (/forum-46.html)
+----- Thread: LU football FBS games - to be updated (/thread-809692.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - Steve1981 - 05-28-2017 09:02 AM

(05-26-2017 08:05 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Syracuse is a solid school. They are winnable but improving.

If maybe harder than you think. Not only did their refs put a blind eye to this one, the review both did as well.

RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - BleedingPurple - 05-28-2017 12:14 PM

(05-28-2017 09:02 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  
(05-26-2017 08:05 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Syracuse is a solid school. They are winnable but improving.

If maybe harder than you think. Not only did their refs put a blind eye to this one, the review both did as well.

The same sort of thing happened to UVA a few seasons back during a game against the 'Heels. It was a longer field goal attempt which barely crossed over the crossbar, the "chicken" official ducked at the last minute for fear of the ball coming down on his head and called it a miss. They reviewed it and overturned the initial call. It became known as "Field Goal Gate".

RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - GE and MTS - 05-28-2017 02:55 PM

(05-28-2017 07:55 AM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(05-28-2017 07:28 AM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Penn State tries to heavily recruit Virginia. It wouldn't surprise me to see a 2-1 in PSU's favor. I wouldn't say it is probable but there is a chance.

Congrats on the scheduling. One comment on your post. I do not consider any two for ones or any other combination in one team's favor. You get a lot of cash when doing those which is the great equalizer. I guess If your AD sold LU too cheap, as in the FCS price range, then you could say the deal was favorable to one school versus the other. Right now I've seen nothing but mutually favorable deals being done. I hope it eventually "gets out" what you are being paid by SU.

Thanks but my wording was poor. As you pointed out, I understand that 2-1 games are balanced by cash but I intended to say that the two games would be at Penn State while the one would be at Liberty. The two home games would be for PSU, not Liberty but that was probably too obvious that I didn't need to say it.

LU football FBS games - to be updated - army56mike - 05-31-2017 04:52 AM

Kinda surprised we haven't inked CCU or App St. yet, especially CCU.

So far scheduling is awesome, better than I had expected.

RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - SlyFox - 06-01-2017 02:35 PM

The date shave to match up. I'd expect both to be on the schedule once we hit the Roaring '20s.

RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - GE and MTS - 06-01-2017 04:57 PM

I'm surprised no Coastal as well. I'd have thought they'd have wanted to schedule us seeing as how we were their biggest draw for years. I understand if they want to create a new identity but there is mutual rivalry between us that I think would help us both.

RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - NewTimes - 06-01-2017 07:29 PM

(05-31-2017 04:52 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Kinda surprised we haven't inked CCU or App St. yet, especially CCU.

CCU should be a last resort to complete the schedule pick if needed rather than a priority game for LU, as LU is for CCU. Let a few years go by, let both of one of the teams excel in FBS, then those games will have greater impact. And if a FBS game is needed, pursue CCU, and not until that time. If the quality of opponents scheduling continues then let CCU be.

RE: LU football FBS games - to be updated - Campaign4Liberty - 06-04-2017 03:42 PM

(06-01-2017 07:29 PM)NewTimes Wrote:  
(05-31-2017 04:52 AM)army56mike Wrote:  Kinda surprised we haven't inked CCU or App St. yet, especially CCU.

CCU should be a last resort to complete the schedule pick if needed rather than a priority game for LU, as LU is for CCU. Let a few years go by, let both of one of the teams excel in FBS, then those games will have greater impact. And if a FBS game is needed, pursue CCU, and not until that time. If the quality of opponents scheduling continues then let CCU be.

This. I'll take our 2019 schedule over having CCU to the Bill.