CSNbbs
Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: Something I have noticed on Scout and other things (/thread-808885.html)

Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - CrimsonPhantom - 02-12-2017 06:46 PM

If you scroll to the bottom of Aggie Alert you will see a CBS Sports Digital Logo.

Do the same on the Scout WAC board, it is not there.

From what I have gathered through reading posts over the years, CFN was operated like the team sites, they had a publisher who produced stories. A few years ago the publisher moved onto his own site, didn't take the forums. CFN Scout was allowed to remain as it has. I'm not sure what CBS will do with Scout. They are interested in sites that publish and make money. I have a feeling CFN Scout is not in their interests.

The other members of CFN Scout (from other conference boards) have this new site. They are adopting the philosophy of produce content to generate traffic. That is one way to do it and I wish them luck. It is hard to produce content.

For this site to grow just need to start talking. Having discussions. Can all hash out ideas as they come. Just some thoughts on the matter.

RE: Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - CountDooku - 02-12-2017 06:51 PM

I agree, but the only main issues to talk about currently are MBB and potential expansion. I'm sure there will be a flurry of threads once the season's coming to a close for the tournament in a few weeks.

RE: Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - SeattleVandals - 02-13-2017 01:29 PM

As Cameron Dollar said, WAC expansion isnt finished.

RE: Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - CrimsonPhantom - 03-12-2017 12:46 PM

(02-12-2017 06:46 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  If you scroll to the bottom of Aggie Alert you will see a CBS Sports Digital Logo.

Do the same on the Scout WAC board, it is not there.

From what I have gathered through reading posts over the years, CFN was operated like the team sites, they had a publisher who produced stories. A few years ago the publisher moved onto his own site, didn't take the forums. CFN Scout was allowed to remain as it has. I'm not sure what CBS will do with Scout. They are interested in sites that publish and make money. I have a feeling CFN Scout is not in their interests.

The other members of CFN Scout (from other conference boards) have this new site. They are adopting the philosophy of produce content to generate traffic. That is one way to do it and I wish them luck. It is hard to produce content.

For this site to grow just need to start talking. Having discussions. Can all hash out ideas as they come. Just some thoughts on the matter.

Now it says 247Sports at the bottom of Aggie Alert.

RE: Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - dancingNMSUaggie - 03-12-2017 02:13 PM

(02-13-2017 01:29 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  As Cameron Dollar said, WAC expansion isnt finished.

Maybe he confused that with he was going to be fired.

RE: Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - CrimsonPhantom - 03-12-2017 02:45 PM

(03-12-2017 02:13 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  
(02-13-2017 01:29 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  As Cameron Dollar said, WAC expansion isnt finished.

I have wondered if Dollar has said that in some sort of way to try and keep his job. Although I do not see how it would help.

RE: Something I have noticed on Scout and other things - Lopes87 - 03-12-2017 03:11 PM

(03-12-2017 02:45 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 02:13 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  

I have wondered if Dollar has said that in some sort of way to try and keep his job. Although I do not see how it would help.

Seattle Times reported Cameron Dollar is in the middle of getting an extension, so I doubt he will be going anywhere anytime soon. I do hope Dollar is right about expansion.