CSNbbs
SU gets local TV deal - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+---- Forum: WAC West Division (/forum-1008.html)
+----- Forum: Seattle (/forum-991.html)
+----- Thread: SU gets local TV deal (/thread-808014.html)

SU gets local TV deal - SeattleVandals - 02-04-2017 11:23 PM

Out here in Idaho I cant see for myself, but apparently Seattle U is being broadcast tonight on CSN Northwest throughout western Washington and Oregon. The station usually carries Portland Trail Blazers games. Finally, SU has a local TV deal it seems, though no info on it is known.

RE: SU gets local TV deal - joshadam84 - 02-05-2017 09:47 AM

It was part of the American Sports Network coverage. The games are usually broadcasted on local ASN affiliates and then a couple RSNs like CSN Chicago, Cox Sports, and a couple others.

RE: SU gets local TV deal - SeattleVandals - 02-05-2017 11:43 AM

(02-05-2017 09:47 AM)joshadam84 Wrote:  It was part of the American Sports Network coverage. The games are usually broadcasted on local ASN affiliates and then a couple RSNs like CSN Chicago, Cox Sports, and a couple others.

Well either way, hope to see more of it. First time in 3 years theyve had a home game broadcast on TV (not counting UW games, but even that stopped this year). Need local recruits to see it.

RE: SU gets local TV deal - joshadam84 - 02-05-2017 09:39 PM

I agree, Ben. Any sort of exposure is great. I remember when they had nearly ten games on ROOT Sports NW several years ago. It would be nice to get something like that again.

RE: SU gets local TV deal - SeattleVandals - 02-05-2017 11:26 PM

(02-05-2017 09:39 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  I agree, Ben. Any sort of exposure is great. I remember when they had nearly ten games on ROOT Sports NW several years ago. It would be nice to get something like that again.

ROOT NW has lots of other local deals so I guess I kind of understand them not having much interest in SU, but there is two local basic cable stations that play local games when they can and never have regular programming in Kong6 ("ESPN2", if you will, of NBC's King 5, used to carry Sonics games) and JoeTV that would be perfect for SU. Don't remember the name, but channel 15 picks up ACC and CAA games somehow too most weekends during football and basketball season. CSN NW wouldn't be a bad spot either since it goes into Oregon too. Hope they can get something together. We can't even get our games on any of the 3 local Seattle sports radio stations (710, 950, and 1040AM) and instead are on 770 KTTH, an extremely conservative talk radio station.