CSNbbs
Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. (/thread-803024.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - LatahCounty - 12-20-2016 12:50 PM

Might as well get this going. The betting line opened at CSU -13 and has pretty much stuck there.

Two teams with similar-style offenses and OK but not great defenses. CSU likely has the edge in overall talent. Looks like no snow and not a ton of wind but temps in the mid-20's. We should have an edge in the kicking game so lack of wet and wind likely helps us there.

At the very least, we're going to have a pro-Idaho crowd -- according to a writer at the Fort Collins paper this morning CSU has sold a grand total of 445 tickets.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - Atlanta Trojan - 12-20-2016 01:20 PM

Rooting for you guys....You need a statement win and maybe get the attention of the MWC

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - ericsaid - 12-20-2016 01:43 PM

(12-20-2016 12:50 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Might as well get this going. The betting line opened at CSU -13 and has pretty much stuck there.

Two teams with similar-style offenses and OK but not great defenses. CSU likely has the edge in overall talent. Looks like no snow and not a ton of wind but temps in the mid-20's. We should have an edge in the kicking game so lack of wet and wind likely helps us there.

At the very least, we're going to have a pro-Idaho crowd -- according to a writer at the Fort Collins paper this morning CSU has sold a grand total of 445 tickets.

This is why they were sent to the Potato Bowl.

Idaho was sent there for a good enough reason. CSU was sent there because of their ticket sales i'm sure.

Now Idaho becomes the little brother to Boise State and gets to play in their stadium in their last bowl game for the foreseeable future. Hopefully a lot of people make it out.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - SpeedkingATL - 12-20-2016 02:15 PM

Hopefully the Vandals can continue their successful season and give a middle finger 03-nutkick to the administration that decided to pull the rug out from under the football program. May you travel well and play even better!

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - MWC Tex - 12-20-2016 02:35 PM

(12-20-2016 01:20 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Rooting for you guys....You need a statement win and maybe get the attention of the MWC

The MW doesn't want or need Idaho....there is no attention to be gained.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - dmacfour - 12-21-2016 08:19 PM

(12-20-2016 02:35 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(12-20-2016 01:20 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Rooting for you guys....You need a statement win and maybe get the attention of the MWC

The MW doesn't want or need Idaho....there is no attention to be gained.

Tell that to the posters over at scout. I got lynched for even suggesting that we'll never get a MWC invite.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - VandalBasher - 12-22-2016 05:53 AM

Yes, a MWC invite isn't coming anytime soon. The only hope for a western based FBS team is for a couple of move ups to the WAC.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - VandalBasher - 12-22-2016 05:53 AM

But for today, I say Go Vandals!

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - SkullyMaroo - 12-22-2016 12:55 PM

Go Idaho Go!

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - LatahCounty - 12-22-2016 01:33 PM

Betting line has moved a couple points in CSU's direction today. Up to -15.5.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - Cave_Johnson - 12-22-2016 01:48 PM

(12-22-2016 01:33 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Betting line has moved a couple points in CSU's direction today. Up to -15.5.

That's fair. To be honest I'm not as much concerned about winning this game as I am concerned about not being blown out on national TV. This could get real ugly real fast if Idaho comes out sluggish on offense. It would not surprise me if Michael Gallup puts up Freddie Barnes-esque numbers in this one.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - LatahCounty - 12-22-2016 02:00 PM

(12-22-2016 01:48 PM)Cave_Johnson Wrote:  
(12-22-2016 01:33 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  Betting line has moved a couple points in CSU's direction today. Up to -15.5.

That's fair. To be honest I'm not as much concerned about winning this game as I am concerned about not being blown out on national TV. This could get real ugly real fast if Idaho comes out sluggish on offense. It would not surprise me if Michael Gallup puts up Freddie Barnes-esque numbers in this one.

I would have felt better about a win if we were playing Air Force -- we were surprisingly sturdy against the run this year. But CSU runs a system a lot like ours and they likely have a higher overall talent level than we do. So in a battle of two teams doing similar things you gotta bet on the team with more talented players.

But, we'll have the crowd and probably better special teams. If our front 7 gets pressure so their QB doesn't have time to pick us apart we have a decent shot. Their D doesn't look like anything special.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - LatahCounty - 12-22-2016 02:02 PM

Also, I have to believe we're a lot more fired up about playing in this game than they are. That can mean quite a bit in bowl games.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - Georgia_Power_Company - 12-22-2016 02:08 PM

Go Idaho! Vandalize those Rams!

02-13-banana

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - VandalBasher - 12-22-2016 02:59 PM

This will be a great night surrounded by friends and alumni.

Go Vandals!

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - hendoapp - 12-22-2016 06:08 PM

Go get em vandals!

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - TheRevSWT - 12-22-2016 06:20 PM

Well, at least Idaho knows that fans throughout the Sun Belt will all be rooting for them.

I am really hoping for Idaho to come out fired up, run up the score on CSU, and show well... All just to give the biggest middle finger they can to their president.

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - LatahCounty - 12-22-2016 06:35 PM

World's greatest fight song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlYgPLN8Vgw

Bonus song -- Bing Crosby!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz6SqSUcisw

Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - chiefsfan - 12-22-2016 07:28 PM

No score 7 minutes in

RE: Potato Bowl Discussion Thread -- Idaho Vs. Colorado St. - Green Menace - 12-22-2016 07:33 PM

This North Texas fan is sure pulling for the Vandals. And from what I've seen so far, Idaho is not taking a back seat to CSU at all! Go Vandals!!