CSNbbs
If your Team is playing in a bowl game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: If your Team is playing in a bowl game (/thread-801245.html)

Pages: 1 2

If your Team is playing in a bowl game - BirdofParadise - 12-04-2016 05:15 PM

It's important, if your team is in a bowl game, that you buy tickets to the game through your school.

It's important, even if you aren't planning to attend.

Two reasons:

1. Your school is apt to lose money by playing in a bowl. Payouts are directly attributed to your ticket sales. This softens the blow

2. Ticket sales drive invitations. If you show you will sell tickets to a bowl game (even if you don't attend) you send a good message to bowl committees.

Your ticket sales for the bowl game should be, at a MINIMUM, equal to the number of season tickets you sold this year.

Can't go? Buy tickets anyway. It'll help your school down the road.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - LatahCounty - 12-04-2016 05:17 PM

Unless your school is about to drop to FCS and you're incredibly pissed off about it. Then, let your conscience be your guide.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - chiefsfan - 12-04-2016 05:20 PM

Remember that SBC revenue shares with bowls, so 50 percent of your ticket sales will go to your school, and the other 50 percent will go to helping the other league teams finance long trips.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - LatahCounty - 12-04-2016 05:23 PM

Unless said conference voted to kick your school out. Then, let your conscience be your guide.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - WinstonTheWolf - 12-04-2016 05:38 PM

Or just donate directly to your school and let ULL cover the bowl costs with their huge ticket sales.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - chiefsfan - 12-04-2016 05:41 PM

(12-04-2016 05:38 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Or just donate directly to your school and let ULL cover the bowl costs with their huge ticket sales.

Troy and App will both sell a ton of tickets as well, that will help.

I have no idea what the deal will be with Idaho.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - CAJUNCOUNTRY - 12-04-2016 05:42 PM

(12-04-2016 05:38 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Or just donate directly to your school and let ULL cover the bowl costs with their huge ticket sales.

Why all the hate for the Cajuns other than Idaho every bowl team is going to a SBC affiliated bowl.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - OsageJ - 12-04-2016 05:44 PM

(12-04-2016 05:41 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Troy and App will both sell a ton of tickets as well, that will help.

I have no idea what the deal will be with Idaho.

They are going to let their conscience be there guide. And our coach hopes to win but mainly will party which I will root for them but won't spend a dime.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - StAteRedWolf - 12-04-2016 05:48 PM

(12-04-2016 05:42 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  

Why all the hate for the Cajuns other than Idaho every bowl team is going to a SBC affiliated bowl.

Not speaking for anyone else. I personally don't hate the Cajuns. I just hate Benson and the way he lets the N.O. Bowl do what it pleases. Which just happens to be to the Cajuns benefit in what seems EVERY freaking year.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - ericsaid - 12-04-2016 05:49 PM

(12-04-2016 05:48 PM)StAteRedWolf Wrote:  

Not speaking for anyone else. I personally don't hate the Cajuns. I just hate Benson and the way he lets the N.O. Bowl do what it pleases. Which just happens to be to the Cajuns benefit in what seems EVERY freaking year.

We don't have the NO Bowl next year.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - chiefsfan - 12-04-2016 06:04 PM

(12-04-2016 05:49 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  

We don't have the NO Bowl next year.

Yes we do. We don't have it in 2019

If your Team is playing in a bowl game - DudeTROY - 12-04-2016 07:14 PM

(12-04-2016 05:15 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  It's important, if your team is in a bowl game, that you buy tickets to the game through your school.

Two reasons:

1. Your school is apt to lose money by playing in a bowl. Payouts are directly attributed to your ticket sales. This softens the blow

2. Ticket sales drive invitations. If you show you will sell tickets to a bowl game (even if you don't attend) you send a good message to bowl committees.

Your ticket sales for the bowl game should be, at a MINIMUM, equal to the number of season tickets you sold this year.

Hmmmmm. You know, I never thought of it that way, I like where your heads at. Interesting...

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - balanced_view - 12-04-2016 07:57 PM

(12-04-2016 07:14 PM)DudeTROY Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 05:15 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  It's important, if your team is in a bowl game, that you buy tickets to the game through your school.

Two reasons:

Hmmmmm. You know, I never thought of it that way, I like where your heads at. Interesting...

once schools get a positive reputation among bowl representatives that your fans will buy tickets, you will find these bowls much more willing to give invites no matter location.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - Fanof49ASU - 12-04-2016 08:02 PM

I'm not seeing that.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - Saint3333 - 12-04-2016 08:18 PM

(12-04-2016 07:57 PM)balanced_view Wrote:  once schools get a positive reputation among bowl representatives that your fans will buy tickets, you will find these bowls much more willing to give invites no matter location.

BoP is spot on and agree 100%, always buy from the university!

But how can a fan from a program that has never been to a bowl game outside of their state make this claim...

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - gostAte870 - 12-04-2016 08:27 PM

I actually feel sorry for App, because they'll never get invited to the N.O. Bowl. At least we get invited when LA has a losing season.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - GoBigRed26 - 12-04-2016 08:28 PM

You need to buy from your school. However, buying tickets for the Cure bowl isn't going to overcome the Cajuns proximity to New Orleans. They finished 5th in conference but got the first invite. It won't overcome the Alabama schools proximity to the Alabama bowls, nor will it overcome a matchup of us playing the same team for the fourth time in 2 years. The bowls have to invite someone. So if your bowl eligible now, your getting an invite.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - CajunAmos - 12-05-2016 09:22 AM

Does anyone believe that future bowl agreements won't have the "conference champion" tag tied to it. Then bowls would be free to ask whoever they feel will bring them the best crowd and revenue.

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - TechRocks - 12-05-2016 09:39 AM

I do hate the Cajuns but I'm also objective. The real "benefit" here is to the New Orleans Bowl and the city in general. Laffy just happens to have earned the nod because the four largest crowds in New Orleans Bowl history also featured their team. Their fans show up a couple of days beforehand and leave a day or so after.

We brought a decent crowd last year as did you guys, but it still did not surpass the worst Laffy crowd ever and I bet neither of our fan bases partied the way they do. You want an automatic bid like Laffy every year they're eligible? Blow the socks off the selection team by bringing 40,000 fans.

This year's crowd for the game with USM will be very good because both teams will travel well. I don't know if it'll be Tulane matchup-good, but I bet it'll be at least in the Top 3 ever for that that bowl. Bowls are about making money, not much else. Benston probably has very little say in who they select and again, being objective, Belch bowls are generally much better attended than ours because of proximity.

You should be happy......at least you're not facing us again this year.03-lmfao

RE: If your Team is playing in a bowl game - ragin4u - 12-05-2016 11:30 AM

Astate had a chance to get to NOLA but didnt get the job done. Louisiana took care of business and I'm sure the NOLA Bowl and the city are doing backflips.