CSNbbs
If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? (/thread-800769.html)

If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - Fredo - 12-01-2016 01:30 PM

Is there any chance that Idaho does not go to the Arizona Bowl?

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - chiefsfan - 12-01-2016 01:33 PM

(12-01-2016 01:30 PM)Fredo Wrote:  Is there any chance that Idaho does not go to the Arizona Bowl?

There's a chance, but it involves UL losting to ULM, USA losing to NMSU, and ULM then not qualifying for a bowl as a 5-7 team

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - MWC Tex - 12-01-2016 01:51 PM

Probably not. Idaho will still go bowling because there are not enough 6-6 teams to fulfill all the bowls. But I think the SB will be looking to take care of the SB members that are around for 2018 and not Idaho who is not going to be a member soon. If there is a southern bowl that is open that USA or some other SB team could fill then I can see Idaho getting the AZ bowl.
Maybe Idaho takes the CUSA spot in the Hawaii bowl.

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - chiefsfan - 12-01-2016 02:04 PM

(12-01-2016 01:51 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Probably not. Idaho will still go bowling because there are not enough 6-6 teams to fulfill all the bowls. But I think the SB will be looking to take care of the SB members that are around for 2018 and not Idaho who is not going to be a member soon. If there is a southern bowl that is open that USA or some other SB team could fill then I can see Idaho getting the AZ bowl.

We're not going to send a SBC team other than Idaho to Arizona unless the Potato Bowl opens up and wants Idaho.

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - LatahCounty - 12-01-2016 02:25 PM

(12-01-2016 02:04 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 01:51 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Probably not. Idaho will still go bowling because there are not enough 6-6 teams to fulfill all the bowls. But I think the SB will be looking to take care of the SB members that are around for 2018 and not Idaho who is not going to be a member soon. If there is a southern bowl that is open that USA or some other SB team could fill then I can see Idaho getting the AZ bowl.

We're not going to send a SBC team other than Idaho to Arizona unless the Potato Bowl opens up and wants Idaho.

Yeah, that sounds right. The Potato Bowl really wants us and the school would make more money there, but hearing that Petrino and the players would rather have Arizona. So we'll see but my money would be heavily on Tucson.

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - BirdofParadise - 12-02-2016 03:18 PM

Idaho will be in Arizona. If there are six bowl eligible teams, South Alabama will probably be the one placed in a non-SBC bowl.

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - LatahCounty - 12-02-2016 03:43 PM

New smoke signals coming out of Idaho's AD and the AZ bowl -- something happened Thursday and Spear thinks Tucson is not a lock. I'm thinking Potato Bowl if USA & ULL win: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/dec/02/idaho-vandals-not-a-lock-for-arizona-bowl/

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - Cave_Johnson - 12-02-2016 05:03 PM

(12-02-2016 03:43 PM)LatahCounty Wrote:  New smoke signals coming out of Idaho's AD and the AZ bowl -- something happened Thursday and Spear thinks Tucson is not a lock. I'm thinking Potato Bowl if USA & ULL win: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/dec/02/idaho-vandals-not-a-lock-for-arizona-bowl/

I have it on pretty good authority that the Arizona Bowl is essentially a lock. I'd be kind of shocked if that's not where they end up.

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - warhawk09 - 12-02-2016 06:20 PM

(12-02-2016 03:18 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  Idaho will be in Arizona. If there are six bowl eligible teams, South Alabama will probably be the one placed in a non-SBC bowl.

Not necessarily

RE: If there are 6 or more bowl qualified teams does Idaho still go to the Arizona Bowl? - Mailleman - 12-03-2016 04:25 AM

(12-02-2016 03:18 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  Idaho will be in Arizona. If there are six bowl eligible teams, South Alabama will probably be the one placed in a non-SBC bowl.

Actually from what I'm hearing it's Idaho who would be kicked to the curb (again...) for the non-SB bowl.