CSNbbs
#FreeTheMAC8 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Mid-American Conference Talk (/forum-472.html)
+---- Thread: #FreeTheMAC8 (/thread-791067.html)

#FreeTheMAC8 - Okie Chippewa - 09-16-2016 09:05 AM

and the Big XII Two!

In law, extraordinary circumstances may result in a verdict justified by Jury Nullification. All trial lawyers are well acquainted with its application.

What is Jury Nullification? It allows a jury to reach a verdict based upon ignoring a law because it is deemed to be unjust.

By what Rationale does Jury Nullification exist? It serves as a check on the passage of bad laws by refusing to recognize the validity of bad laws.

Comparing Jury Nullification to the CMU/OSU Debacle. In actuality, the refs didn't use Jury Nullification in their decision making. But the analogy can be made, because the obscure rule is poorly written; it allows a team to commit a penalty without being penalized. (The refs did apply a rule in making their decision, the logical rule that states a game cannot end on a penalty, unless it is declined.)

CMU won the game, fair and square.

If you agree with me and have a twitter account, please copy and paste the above text.

#FreeTheMAC8

RE: #FreeTheMAC8 - H2Oville Rocket - 09-16-2016 09:19 AM

Again, in some respects OSU's play was brilliant. Making a terrible rule work for you isn't such a bad thing. If he knew the rule, expected the penalty and had his knowledge of the rule as a defense against the refs granting an untimed play, the coach would have looked pretty smart. As it was he ended up looking pretty dumb on consecutive plays.

RE: #FreeTheMAC8 - toddjnsn - 09-16-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:Again, in some respects OSU's play was brilliant.

It'd only be brilliant if they Meant to do that. They didn't, as you later pointed out. :) Otherwise, the red flag would have been out, and the coach wouldn't have left the field -- or at least fuming pissed for that long duration that was already there anyway in-between. He understood the (common-sense) call, and accepted it. THAT is where the coach f'd up [and I guess even putting him in position to Int-Grnd; regardless of the rule]. It's on their shoulders.

CMU did win the game fair & square. Going by "But it's the OFFICIAL RULE that the game should have expired!" Well, if the refs miss that (2009-added flawed rule that goes against common-sense) rule, and say the game continues -- it OFFICIALLY has to continue and it OFFICIALLY COUNTS!

So upon two opposing Official situations -- which one wins? The common-sense one. So in the end, common-sense wins.

RE: #FreeTheMAC8 - NIUfilmmaker - 09-16-2016 07:42 PM

NIU has lost to P5 teams a number of times where a bad P5 ref's call contributed to our downfall in a close game, the press has never blinked.

Lets fix NIU's last-second loss to Wisconsin from 15 years ago and then I'll start concerning myself with any injustice OSU has suffered.

RE: #FreeTheMAC8 - John52168 - 09-16-2016 08:41 PM

(09-16-2016 07:42 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  NIU has lost to P5 teams a number of times where a bad P5 ref's call contributed to our downfall in a close game, the press has never blinked.

Lets fix NIU's last-second loss to Wisconsin from 15 years ago and then I'll start concerning myself with any injustice OSU has suffered.

I would love to see someone take the time to research all the bad calls and non-calls against MAC teams and P5 teams through the years where there is video evidence of the bad call and bad non-call, then write an article in a major publication or even do a television story about it.

My thinking is, all P5 schools and their fans would be like, "Who cares? We didn't lose, not because we got a last second gift from the officials, but because we are (insert P5 school name here) and you are the puny, insignificant MAC!" Right now there thinking is, "We are P5 and we win because we are in a better, more powerful conference than you."

RE: #FreeTheMAC8 - emu steve - 09-17-2016 05:21 AM

Will we see this on CMU fans' shirts: #FreeTheMAC8

RE: #FreeTheMAC8 - Okie Chippewa - 09-17-2016 10:03 AM

Quick! Somebody in Louisville make a sign and get your rear to College Game Day!

Meanwhile, these shirts are now being sold:

[Image: CMU_Unbelievable_BreakingT_shirt_grande....1473985070]

RE: #FreeTheMAC8 - H2Oville Rocket - 09-17-2016 12:27 PM

(09-17-2016 10:03 AM)Okie Chippewa Wrote:  Quick! Somebody in Louisville make a sign and get your rear to College Game Day!

Meanwhile, these shirts are now being sold:

[Image: CMU_Unbelievable_BreakingT_shirt_grande....1473985070]

03-lmfao Take that OSU!