CSNbbs
Big Ten Football Predictions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big10bbs (/forum-259.html)
+---- Forum: Big 10 Conference Talk (/forum-167.html)
+---- Thread: Big Ten Football Predictions (/thread-788726.html)

Big Ten Football Predictions - arenafanatic - 08-29-2016 01:49 PM

Big Ten East is very intriguing. The West seems to be a one team show.

What are your projected standings?

Who is your sleeper team?

Our Big Ten Preview: ArenaFanatic Big Ten Preview

Here's to another season! 04-cheers

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - ohio1317 - 08-30-2016 09:21 PM

Everyone has us high, but I don't feel overly optimistic for the year. Don't get me wrong, it won't be bad, but that was a lot of starters lost and already some injuries. I think the Buckeyes will struggle in a few games, but hope they are pulled off anyway. Glad to be seeing a few teams back on the schedule whom it has seemed awhile for (love the 9 game conference schedule, even if don't agree with the semi-locked team).

I'll be optimistic and still say Ohio State plays in the CCG. I am going to guess vs. Nebraska. Iowa seems to do best with low expectations and think they'll blow one or two this year they shouldn't. Nebraska was a lot better last year than record indicated and just make Indianapolis.

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - SC-IL73 - 08-30-2016 09:43 PM

Ohio State loses at Oklahoma, goes undefeated from there on out and beats the Sooners in CFP semifinal before falling in the title.
Michigan vs OSU is the de facto East title game. Nebraska vs. Iowa is the de facto West title with the Huskers winning.
Sleeper picks: Nebraska goes 10-2 and wins west, Illinois makes 6-6 ad goes bowling (obviously biased there)

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - EvilVodka - 08-31-2016 03:04 PM

(08-30-2016 09:43 PM)SC-IL73 Wrote:  Ohio State loses at Oklahoma, goes undefeated from there on out and beats the Sooners in CFP semifinal before falling in the title.
Michigan vs OSU is the de facto East title game. Nebraska vs. Iowa is the de facto West title with the Huskers winning.
Sleeper picks: Nebraska goes 10-2 and wins west, Illinois makes 6-6 ad goes bowling (obviously biased there)

Nebraska is my sleeper team as well

Both Iowa and Nebraska return pretty decent teams....

Ohio State will be the team to beat in the East as usual. Michigan State will drop off some....

Is Michigan for real?? meh, I'm not convinced yet

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - arenafanatic - 08-31-2016 04:09 PM

With Armstrong back Nebraska will be dangerous. They have a tough conference road slate though.

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - EvilVodka - 08-31-2016 04:18 PM

(08-31-2016 04:09 PM)arenafanatic Wrote:  With Armstrong back Nebraska will be dangerous. They have a tough conference road slate though.

they'll be flying under the radar though, which is always good

I bet they upset Oregon at home for week 3

They could easily be 5-0 by the bye....the next crucial game will be beating Indiana on the road after the bye, which I think they are perfectly capable of doing

Wisconsin will be tough, and then Ohio State after that

If they at least split those two games, then they are at home till the big one vs. Iowa

Should actually be an exciting season for the Cornhusker faithful....probably been awhile since a season like this

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - GE and MTS - 08-31-2016 05:58 PM

For Penn State, I think 8-4 is a likely prediction with 9-3 as an optimistic outcome. The offense should be much improved with some improvement on special teams. The defense will likely slip some but that will be mitigated by improvement elsewhere.

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - RutgersGuy - 09-02-2016 11:31 AM

Rutgers Guy 2016 Big Ten Predictions

East:
OSU
UM
MSU
Rutgers
Indiana
Maryland
PSU (Franklin is fired by November)

West:
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa
Nebraska
Minny
Illinois
Purdue (Hazell fired before Halloween)

OSU over Wisc in the CCG.

I picked UW to win the west but don't be shocked if NW pulls it out.

Obviously i'm a homer but I think Rutgers goes 7-5 and finishes in 4th in the East. The seven wins are Howard, New Mexico, Minny, PSU, Indiana, Illinois and Maryland.

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - General Mike - 09-02-2016 01:26 PM

Rutgers goes bowling.
I'd sign up for 6-6, but I think 7 is possible.

Ohio State wins the East again
Nebraska bounces back to take the west.

RE: Big Ten Football Predictions - RutgersGuy - 10-18-2016 01:42 PM

(09-02-2016 11:31 AM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  Rutgers Guy 2016 Big Ten Predictions

East:
OSU
UM
MSU
Rutgers
Indiana
Maryland
PSU (Franklin is fired by November)

West:
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Iowa
Nebraska
Minny
Illinois
Purdue (Hazell fired before Halloween)

OSU over Wisc in the CCG.

I picked UW to win the west but don't be shocked if NW pulls it out.

Obviously i'm a homer but I think Rutgers goes 7-5 and finishes in 4th in the East. The seven wins are Howard, New Mexico, Minny, PSU, Indiana, Illinois and Maryland.

At least one of my predictions came true. haha

Also OSU vs Wisc looks good for the CCG right now.