CSNbbs
Future MBB Schedule - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Future MBB Schedule (/thread-784309.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Future MBB Schedule - ShadyP - 08-06-2018 01:09 PM

(08-06-2018 12:01 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  good to see ODU still on the schedule. We have a lot of road games OOC (at Mason, at Charlotte, at ODU) and I believe at ECU is rumored as well. I only see one home OOC thus far (Citadel). That could be a viable criticism early on for this year's schedule. I hope the remaining games are home and there are some solid opponents among them.

Well looking at last year's schedule.....we played Mason/UNCC/ODU at home so sorta makes sense if we play them this year it is our turn to travel.

Conversely we played Citadel on the road last year, so it is their turn to travel this year.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - NJDuke97 - 08-06-2018 08:27 PM

(08-06-2018 01:09 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(08-06-2018 12:01 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  good to see ODU still on the schedule. We have a lot of road games OOC (at Mason, at Charlotte, at ODU) and I believe at ECU is rumored as well. I only see one home OOC thus far (Citadel). That could be a viable criticism early on for this year's schedule. I hope the remaining games are home and there are some solid opponents among them.

Well looking at last year's schedule.....we played Mason/UNCC/ODU at home so sorta makes sense if we play them this year it is our turn to travel.

Conversely we played Citadel on the road last year, so it is their turn to travel this year.

If going by last year's schedule Richmond would be a home game this year but Coach Rowe alluded to losing a series on the schedule that they expected to continue in an interview earlier this off season.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - ShadyP - 08-07-2018 07:44 AM

(08-06-2018 08:27 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  
(08-06-2018 01:09 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  

If going by last year's schedule Richmond would be a home game this year but Coach Rowe alluded to losing a series on the schedule that they expected to continue in an interview earlier this off season.

I think Richmond and Radford last year on the road was the end of a home-home, 2 year deal......not sure they have been renewed. If we lose those should be working hard to replace with a home-home with other VA schools (VCU, Liberty, VMI, NSU, Hampton, etc..)

RE: Future MBB Schedule - Wear Purple - 08-07-2018 07:52 AM

We have played Radford every year for the last 4 years. Richmond every year for the past 6 years.

I am hopeful we will keep series going with each. I would like to see VMI back on the schedule if not.

I may be alone on this thought, but bear with me...I know sometimes whenever opening a new arena programs like to make a big splash with a big name coming in to open it. For example, there might be some hope that UB&TC opens with a Virginia or Va Tech or the like in 2 years. I'd be fine with sticking with an in-state rival who we've been playing for a while such as Richmond for the opening of the new arena. It will be well-attended no matter who we play being the first game. If we keep the series going with the Ticks, they would be due to visit H'burg in '20-'21 when the new digs open up in Nov'20.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - ShadyP - 08-07-2018 07:54 AM

(08-07-2018 07:52 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  We have played Radford every year for the last 4 years. Richmond every year for the past 6 years.

I am hopeful we will keep series going with each. I would like to see VMI back on the schedule if not.

I may be alone on this thought, but bear with me...I know sometimes whenever opening a new arena programs like to make a big splash with a big name coming in to open it. For example, there might be some hope that UB&TC opens with a Virginia or Va Tech or the like in 2 years. I'd be fine with sticking with an in-state rival who we've been playing for a while such as Richmond for the opening of the new arena. It will be well-attended no matter who we play being the first game. If we keep the series going with the Ticks, they would be due to visit H'burg in '20-'21 when the new digs open up in Nov'20.

I like the idea of opening with Richmond or even VCU. I think both would generate a lot of excitement.

I could care less about UVA to be quite honest.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - JMU_Degenerate - 08-07-2018 08:57 AM

Scheduling Math: since JMU is playing in the Oakland Tournament they can play in 30 D1 games and have the option to add a 31st game against any non-D1 opponent and consider it a 4th game of the Oakland Tournament. JMU will opt to do so and have either the EMU or the Bridgewater game be that fourth Oakland Tournament game.

So JMU will play 31 games this year. Based on Post 1 of this thread we already know what 28 of these games are (this includes the confirmed home games against Bridgewater and EMU and the game at East Carolina). This leaves just 3 games left to be scheduled/announced. My understanding is that the schedule is completed at this point and should be announced soon.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - Hart Foundation - 08-07-2018 12:19 PM

Hopefully we see some big names populate the last few games to be filled. One of Rowe’s first statements is that he would play anyone, anywhere. When you are playing 31 games you have to get some challenging matchups much like other CAA teams have done.
There is always a chance to pull off the big upset, but even if you don’t the team learns and develops by playing better competition.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - nyduke - 08-07-2018 12:34 PM

Any idea when actual schedule will be released.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - Wear Purple - 08-07-2018 12:50 PM

(08-07-2018 12:34 PM)nyduke Wrote:  Any idea when actual schedule will be released.

As a reference point, last year the non-conference schedule was announced on August 14 and then the full schedule including CAA was released the following day. Since the CAA schedule was released earlier this summer all we are waiting on is the non-CAA portion.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - 2Buck - 08-09-2018 10:46 AM

(08-07-2018 07:52 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  We have played Radford every year for the last 4 years. Richmond every year for the past 6 years.

We should try to put together a little tournament for the arena opening. Even if we needed to do 2 for 1 with UVA or VT to play, we could leverage that team's participation to land some other good ones. Wish we could use or FB relationship with Villanova to get something but doubt they'd ever come to Harrisonburg. A mix like this would be great, especially if we were competitive:

JMU
VT
MD
VCU

Future MBB Schedule - JMUDunk - 08-09-2018 02:15 PM

(08-09-2018 10:46 AM)2Buck Wrote:  

We should try to put together a little tournament for the arena opening. Even if we needed to do 2 for 1 with UVA or VT to play, we could leverage that team's participation to land some other good ones. Wish we could use or FB relationship with Villanova to get something but doubt they'd ever come to Harrisonburg. A mix like this would be great, especially if we were competitive:

JMU
VT
MD
VCU

You’d think we may have a friendly ear that entertain the idea. Md, who knows, and didn’t I see VCU in the schedule above?

I do like this idea though, but don’t think there’s room on the schedule(?).

RE: Future MBB Schedule - NJDuke97 - 08-10-2018 10:41 AM

Just saw one more OOC game announced and its a home game against a pretty solid program.

November 25th vs. Winthrop

Second game on the docket vs. a rumored JMU MBB coach when Brady was let go (at Charlotte and Ron Sanchez and vs. Winthrop and Pat Kelsey). You'll recall Kelsey allegedly spoke with JMU about their opening and then accepted the UMass job before backing out right before the press conference to stay at Winthrop.

Winthrop often recruits against JMU for prospects. They won a D2 transfer recruit Chandler Vaudrin this off season who the Dukes recruited at some level. He averaged a triple double last year but sits out this season (the same way Jordan Shephard sits out at Charlotte) and I've dubbed him young stache for his glorious mustache.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - JMU_Degenerate - 08-10-2018 11:41 AM

(08-10-2018 10:41 AM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  Just saw one more OOC game announced and its a home game against a pretty solid program.

Second game on the docket vs. a rumored JMU MBB coach when Brady was let go (at Charlotte and Ron Sanchez and vs. Winthrop and Pat Kelsey). You'll recall Kelsey allegedly spoke with JMU about their opening and then accepted the UMass job before backing out right before the press conference to stay at Winthrop.

Winthrop often recruits against JMU for prospects. They won a D2 transfer recruit Chandler Vaudrin this off season who the Dukes recruited at some level. He averaged a triple double last year but sits out this season (the same way Jordan Shephard sits out at Charlotte) and I've dubbed him young stache for his glorious mustache.

11/25 Dukes are in Auburn Hills, Michigan playing 3 games in 3 days.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - NJDuke97 - 08-10-2018 11:48 AM

(08-10-2018 11:41 AM)JMU_Degenerate Wrote:  
(08-10-2018 10:41 AM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  Just saw one more OOC game announced and its a home game against a pretty solid program.

11/25 Dukes are in Auburn Hills, Michigan playing 3 games in 3 days.
Good looking out- embarrassed to admit that I was mistaken here it's WBB that play the Lady Dukes on 11/25 at the Convo.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - Purplehazed - 08-10-2018 05:30 PM

Lou - Bring the Hoyas to Harrisonburg.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - NJDuke97 - 08-13-2018 09:47 AM

(07-14-2016 03:15 PM)JMU_Degenerate Wrote:  Unofficial 2018/19 Men's Basketball Schedule:
Scheduled:
11/16 at Charlotte
11/20 CITADEL
11/23 at Oakland (Oakland Tournament)
11/24 vs Northern Illinois (Oakland Tournament)
11/25 vs Oral Roberts (Oakland Tournament)
12/1 at Old Dominion
12/7 at George Mason
12/28 at William & Mary
12/30 at Elon
1/3 UNCW
1/5 CHARLESTON
1/12 TOWSON
1/17 at Delaware
1/19 at Drexel
1/24 HOFSTRA
1/26 NORTHEASTERN
1/31 at Charleston
2/2 at UNCW
2/9 at Towson
2/14 DREXEL
2/16 DELAWARE
2/21 at Northeastern
2/23 at Hofstra
2/28 ELON
3/2 WILLIAM & MARY

Confirmed:
EASTERN MENNONITE
BRIDGEWATER
at East Carolina

Rumored:

Unofficial 2019/20 Men's Basketball Schedule:
Scheduled:

Confirmed:

Rumored:
EASTERN MENNONITE OR BRIDGEWATER (speculation of ongoing series vs EMU or Bridgewater each year)

Schedule is out!

https://jmusports.com/news/2018/8/13/mens-basketball-sets-2018-19-non-conference-schedule.aspx

Some of the other games/dates to fill in from above
11/6 vs. Eastern Mennonite (non D1)
11/9 at East Carolina
11/12 vs. Bridgewater (non D1)
11/29 vs. Coppin State
12/4 vs. Radford
12/20 at Fordham

RE: Future MBB Schedule - Wear Purple - 08-13-2018 10:34 AM

Thanks, NJ!

I'm thinking 18-13 overall (16-13 vs D1) and 11-7 CAA.

Just a hunch.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - Hart Foundation - 08-13-2018 01:35 PM

Ugh. The OOC schedule is pretty lame. Good ones against state rivals ODU and George Mason then not much else.

I didn’t realize when Rowe said he “would be willing to play anyone, anywhere” that he meant he would be willing to play D III teams as much as possible.
Does any other team in the CAA have zero P5 opponents?

The home slate is comprised of only 5 games Bridgewater, Eastern Mennonite, the Citadel, Coppin State, and Radford. That is awful 03-puke

RE: Future MBB Schedule - jmu82 - 08-13-2018 01:56 PM

(08-13-2018 01:35 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Ugh. The OOC schedule is pretty lame. Good ones against state rivals ODU and George Mason then not much else.

I didn’t realize when Rowe said he “would be willing to play anyone, anywhere” that he meant he would be willing to play D III teams as much as possible.
Does any other team in the CAA have zero P5 opponents?

The home slate is comprised of only 5 games Bridgewater, Eastern Mennonite, the Citadel, Coppin State, and Radford. That is awful 03-puke

Valid complaint and a check mark for Hart in the Hart Foundation vs NJ97 GOAT Rowe debate that I look forward to continuing this fall.

Side note is that it definitely not helping my season ticket purchase decision. Wanna support this squad but schedule does blow.

RE: Future MBB Schedule - HyperDuke - 08-13-2018 06:48 PM

GOAT HC Lou Rowe about to whip it out & smack the haters this season!!