CSNbbs
2018 Basketball Recruiting - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: 2018 Basketball Recruiting (/thread-782224.html)

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - WillaMary08 - 11-19-2017 09:09 AM

PrepHoops looks at the available Illinois wings:

Drew Peterson (Libertyville)
Wiry wing with excellent size.  Plus perimeter shooter that is an underrated athlete in transition.  Will be one of top scorers in the Chicago suburbs this year.

Level Projection: mid-major

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/11/best-available-2018-wings/

UNCG is now following Brandon Younger.

2018 Basketball Recruiting - mrjoolius - 11-20-2017 05:25 AM

** duplicate **

2018 Basketball Recruiting - mrjoolius - 11-20-2017 05:31 AM

** duplicate **

2018 Basketball Recruiting - mrjoolius - 11-20-2017 05:51 AM

Chase Audige scored 30 in a win over Redemption Christian.

I found that the Hill school streams full games online. Much more useful than watching a highlight package. He takes on the PG role for his team and handles, passes, and pushes the ball well. He has a pretty decent shooting stroke and hit a number of 3's. He is an eager defender and the Hill matched him up full court with the other teams best player, 4* G/F Dalano Banton. Banton had a big day, but it felt like Audige slowed him a bit. I think Chase's all-around athleticism and defensive eagerness will be a welcome addition. A byproduct of watching Chase is a chance to see big Seth Maxwell. He seems a bit slow of foot, but definitely has a good skillset and fluidity in his post moves.

https://locallive.tv/hillschool

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - billymac - 11-20-2017 08:41 AM

Mr J is excited about Mr. Audige...
03-wink

2018 Basketball Recruiting - mrjoolius - 11-21-2017 05:42 AM

On Dec 3rd, the Hill school will host the PSA Showcase. It is an exhibition of a number of prep teams. The games include two of our signees, Audige & Scott. For those interested, it will be streamed live and, I believe, be available in replay.

https://www.baller.tv/psa-prep-showcase?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=BallerTV-PSA-2wklead-11202017

2018 Basketball Recruiting - Tribeheart - 11-21-2017 03:06 PM

Went back and looked at two of those games, and Audige's passing was outstanding in what I saw.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - mrjoolius - 11-21-2017 06:31 PM

(11-21-2017 03:06 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Went back and looked at two of those games, and Audige's passing was outstanding in what I saw.

Agreed. Also liked that his ball handling seems always under control. He had no problem beating traps and bringing the ball up under pressure. I had read that he was developing as a shooter, but in the games I watched, he looked more than capable and shot well from range.

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - Mrs. Got Ribe - 11-26-2017 10:55 AM

Coach Alex Popp tweeted this about Thornton Scott and last night's game. I wonder if he was there or if he witnessed from afar.

Glad @Iso_tscottyy got to witness.

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - mrjoolius - 11-26-2017 12:45 PM

(11-26-2017 10:55 AM)Mrs. Got Ribe Wrote:  Coach Alex Popp tweeted this about Thornton Scott and last night's game. I wonder if he was there or if he witnessed from afar.

Nothing definitive, but I'm guessing he watched the online game feed. It would be pretty crazy to travel to Williamsburg during the Thanksgiving weekend between Vermont Academy practices. Who knows though, perhaps he and his family were in Williamsburg for Thanksgiving?

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - Tribe21 - 11-26-2017 01:51 PM

(11-26-2017 10:55 AM)Mrs. Got Ribe Wrote:  Coach Alex Popp tweeted this about Thornton Scott and last night's game. I wonder if he was there or if he witnessed from afar.

He was there last night.

Sent from my SM-G950U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - Touchdown Green and Gold - 11-26-2017 01:52 PM

(11-26-2017 12:45 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  

Nothing definitive, but I'm guessing he watched the online game feed. It would be pretty crazy to travel to Williamsburg during the Thanksgiving weekend between Vermont Academy practices. Who knows though, perhaps he and his family were in Williamsburg for Thanksgiving?

He was there in person. He sat 3 rows in front of me.

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - mrjoolius - 11-26-2017 02:27 PM

(11-26-2017 01:52 PM)Touchdown Green and Gold Wrote:  
(11-26-2017 12:45 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  

He was there in person. He sat 3 rows in front of me.
That's pretty awesome then. What a fun game for him to witness.

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - WillaMary08 - 11-27-2017 08:22 AM

Kotie Kimble and C Fardaws Aimaq (6'11" 255 lbs - Richmond, Canada but playing for Bridgton Academy here in the States) have started following each other. Aimaq has offers from Pepperdine, Radford, Mercer, San Francisco, and Simon Fraser (a public university in British Columbia).

Highlights:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ad8fWyp1p0

From a North Pole Hoops article published on 11/20/17:

"British Columbia big man, Fardaws Aimaq is an unknown who is quickly making a name for himself and building his recruitment.
Pepperdine and San Fran are turning up their efforts and are likely next to pull the trigger and offer Aimaq.
Mercer and Radford is who Aimaq has visited yet the list of interested schools include Northeastern, Pepperdine, USF, UNC Wilmington, Elon; and likely a new swarm after the showing this weekend.
In the first game at the NPS he finished with 15 points, 6 rebounds against Scotland Campus (PA) and in the second against Fork Union, 16 points and 13 rebounds. Even
It’s not every day you come across traditional post players; Aimaq is just that.
“I offer more than most bigs I’ve seen, who normally just set screens, rebound and protect the rim. I can do all of that, but I’m also skilled so my teammates trust getting the ball into to me to score in the paint and trust that if it’s not there for me, it’ll come back to them where they want it.”
The big man’s most underrated skill is in the passing department. He has the vision and feel, seeing where his teammates are in instances where he’s double teamed.
Depending on the level he ends up at, Aimaq has the potential to earn all-rookie honors.
As is, he’s ready to make an impact in college yet he is dedicated toward trimming down further.
Aimaq has cut off 10 pounds since the summer and has goals off getting down 10 more to 245.
Generally speaking, most kids from British Columbia end up staying close to home or at home; with Aimaq it doesn’t matter to whom.
“Best fit, that’s what its about. I don’t care where it is.”

Read more at http://northpolehoops.com/2017/11/20/top-3-canadians-connecticut-national-prep-showcase/#YzokbH8CWucfwyyW.99

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - WillaMary08 - 11-27-2017 10:00 AM

Weekly update on the players who still hold offers from WM:

Brandon Younger received an offer from Tulane.

Connor Crabtree is following Cincinnati men's basketball twitter account. There's been mutual interest but no offer yet.

Drew Peterson and a coach at Vermont Academy are following each other. Maybe Drew pulls a Trey McGowens and reclassifies as he looks for those high major offers.

I also saw that Caleb Fields, who took an unofficial visit to WM last year, committed to Bowling Green.

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - WillaMary08 - 11-29-2017 06:17 AM

Kotie Kimble liked an Alex Michael tweet. Michael is a 6'5" SG for Greensboro Day School. The only recruiting info I found was an article on ncpreps.com from last October:

"6-5 SG, Alex Michael '18 also had a great summer and colleges are starting to take notice. Alex is a knockdown shooter and his range from the 3 point arc have vastly improved in the last year. His understanding of team defensive principles makes it hard for coaches to not have him on the floor. Alex is receiving interest from Wofford, Winthrop, and Radford. Alex is ranked #61 in the state by Phenon Hoops and #55 by PrepHoops for the Class of 2018."

While scrolling back through Kimble's follows to see if he started following Michael before I started regularly checking Twitter I couldn't find him, but I did find Audige's teammate 6'8" Nick Alikakos. Kimble probably started following him during his initial recruitment before he committed to Navy. After decommitting Alikakos started following Jonathan Holmes but I have seen no other developments.

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - Naptown Tribe - 12-02-2017 08:35 PM

I watched LJ Owens play in a local HS game tonight. Let me just say that I’m so thankful he will be wearing green and gold for the next four years.

He is an athletic scorer and combo guard. He can shoot, slash, drive and dish. As Tony said he has the ability to score many points for us. He has a vast offensive repertoire and can absolutely create his own shot. When the game is on the line for us in the coming years, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the one with the ball in his hands of end of game because he can get his own shot and can dish to others.

He has a nose for the basket and is aggressive without being selfish. He understands the game. He has lots to work on, but he will be a tremendous piece to our team and fit great and bring a unique skill set. He’s only going to get better too. He will be helped by putting on some muscle weight so he doesn’t get shoved around at the college level but our weight program and the Caf will help with that! :)

Our future is very bright. We just need some bigs:). Gonna be a great class coming in as combining with this current nucleus we have going forward is going to be special. Go Tribe!!

2018 Basketball Recruiting - Tribeheart - 12-02-2017 08:45 PM

Saw where LJ went for 30+ in two of his games last week.

2018 Basketball Recruiting - Tribeheart - 12-02-2017 09:03 PM

Preview of the PSA Cardinals Showcase tomorrow at the Hill School, featuring 6 games with 12 top HS teams. Hill School (Chase Audige) game scheduled for 12:30 pm. Vermont Academy (Thornton Scott) game scheduled for 2:15pm.
http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/862328?referrer_id=

Link to Hill School's live broadcasts previously provided by MrJ. Couldn't tell if they were showing the games or not.
https://locallive.tv/hillschool

RE: 2018 Basketball Recruiting - Naptown Tribe - 12-02-2017 09:19 PM

(12-02-2017 08:45 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Saw where LJ went for 30+ in two of his games last week.

Yeah, he is a natural scorer for sure ... so fluid and multi-faceted ... he isn’t quite at this level currently but the style of his game reminds me of Marcus Thornton’s style.