CSNbbs
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2018 (/thread-782180.html)

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Monarchblue - 04-24-2017 09:23 PM

I get it, and the treatment of previous Duke players has been maybe a bit unfair, but the level to which it was taken this year was disgraceful.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Justanodufan - 04-24-2017 09:24 PM

(04-24-2017 08:37 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(04-24-2017 08:12 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Its a joke. Unless he likes tripping guys.
If he is an All American that trips 3 dudes over the course of 100 games and doesn't smoke enough pot to earn multiple suspensions, I'll take him right now. Some folks have lost all perspective when it comes to college sports. There are players throwing dirty elbows and undercutting people every game, and those same folks talk about how they love that dirty player's grit, but throw an errant foot in a couple people's direction, and a kid is fair game to be attacked like he is Donald Trump. Meanwhile, over in Lawrence, people are being raped, girls beaten up, property destroyed, and multiple drug arrests, and barely a peep.

Oh, and by the way, that meltdown on the bench happened shortly after this...

http://jacksonville.com/metro/columnists/mark-woods/2017-03-06/mark-woods-when-grayson-met-savannah-grayson-allen-moment

Sometimes we forget the kids are human, and I would gladly accept a kid with this kind of character into the Monarch family.

If you were as passionate about ODU recruits and players as your are for that punk Greyson Allen, that would be amazing

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Monarchblue - 04-24-2017 09:28 PM

(04-24-2017 09:24 PM)Justanodufan Wrote:  
(04-24-2017 08:12 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Its a joke. Unless he likes tripping guys.
If he is an All American that trips 3 dudes over the course of 100 games and doesn't smoke enough pot to earn multiple suspensions, I'll take him right now. Some folks have lost all perspective when it comes to college sports. There are players throwing dirty elbows and undercutting people every game, and those same folks talk about how they love that dirty player's grit, but throw an errant foot in a couple people's direction, and a kid is fair game to be attacked like he is Donald Trump. Meanwhile, over in Lawrence, people are being raped, girls beaten up, property destroyed, and multiple drug arrests, and barely a peep.

http://jacksonville.com/metro/columnists/mark-woods/2017-03-06/mark-woods-when-grayson-met-savannah-grayson-allen-moment

Sometimes we forget the kids are human, and I would gladly accept a kid with this kind of character into the Monarch family.

If you were as passionate about ODU recruits and players as your are for that punk Greyson Allen, that would be amazing
My outrage when Baze arrested during warmups was similar. I wrote a letter to the mayor complaining about the disgusting act of showmanship from their police officers. These things are different that banter about how good a recruiting class is. They are real things that effect kids' lives.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Justanodufan - 04-24-2017 09:37 PM

(04-24-2017 09:28 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(04-24-2017 09:24 PM)Justanodufan Wrote:  

My outrage when Baze arrested during warmups was similar. I wrote a letter to the mayor complaining about the disgusting act of showmanship from their police officers. These things are different that banter about how good a recruiting class is. They are real things that effect kids' lives.

Baze broke the law. His actions affected his life.

Fact is if Baze wasn't an athlete I doubt you'd be signing this tune

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Prideofalion - 04-24-2017 10:43 PM

Grayson Allens play on the court this year was disgraceful. What a joke. Just another private school over privledged Duke basketball player. That kid is entitled and plays like it as well.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Mo Blue Den You - 04-25-2017 06:31 AM

If you were so worried about the backlash he was receiving maybe you shouldve called him up and told him TO STOP FCKING TRIPPING PEOPLE AND CRYING LIKE A BI*CH.

Cant say I've ever watched a player do the LOW CHARACTER sh*t hes done over his tenure playing college hoops. Not saying they arent players but when you play for one of the most nationally recognized teams in the nation, you watch the things you say and do and clearly he didnt give a damn if he was continually doing it over and over.

FCK DUKE.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Monarchblue - 04-25-2017 07:26 AM

(04-25-2017 06:31 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  If you were so worried about the backlash he was receiving maybe you shouldve called him up and told him TO STOP FCKING TRIPPING PEOPLE AND CRYING LIKE A BI*CH.

Cant say I've ever watched a player do the LOW CHARACTER sh*t hes done over his tenure playing college hoops. Not saying they arent players but when you play for one of the most nationally recognized teams in the nation, you watch the things you say and do and clearly he didnt give a damn if he was continually doing it over and over.

FCK DUKE.

Yeah, 3 tripping incidents that resulted in zero players so much as falling down amounts to sooo much more than UNCheat failing for DECADES to make any meaningful attempt to educate their athletes. Funny how passionate folks are about some BS, but nobody aside from the N&O can muster the energy to expose the cesspool that the Tarholes have created.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Gilesfan - 04-25-2017 09:08 AM

Monarch, I'm sorry, but have you actually watched the tripping videos? I don't understand what you mean by resulting in "zero players so much as falling down."

They were intentional and possibly could have seriously injured guys. It was a joke that Coach K gave him a slap on the wrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cTs4zpI3CQ

FWIW, North Carolina skirts the rules with fake classes and Kansas plays guys despite weed smoking and tons of arrests.....I get it. Greyson Allen is still a trash competitor.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Monarchblue - 04-25-2017 09:25 AM

(04-25-2017 09:08 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Monarch, I'm sorry, but have you actually watched the tripping videos? I don't understand what you mean by resulting in "zero players so much as falling down."

They were intentional and possibly could have seriously injured guys. It was a joke that Coach K gave him a slap on the wrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cTs4zpI3CQ

FWIW, North Carolina skirts the rules with fake classes and Kansas plays guys despite weed smoking and tons of arrests.....I get it. Greyson Allen is still a trash competitor.

The real point to me is that there are players who are far dirtier with far more incidents and much more dangerous plays and it is never discussed. Let's be real for a minute. The whole "someone could have been seriously injured stuff" is BS. It was an excuse for the media to freak out. There are guys who undercut guys or foul the living **** out of someone who is going up for a dunk on a regular basis, but none of us can name them because nobody freaks out, hell commentators will say something like "that is a good hard foul" as the offensive player flies into a camera man under the basket, and those plays are far more dangerous than an errant foot.

If you want to call the dude a dirty player, that is fine, he has earned that. But let's not pretend he is the only dirty player, or even the dirtiest of the dirty players. And let's not justify the entirety of the sports media unleashing all of the jaded venom that they can muster in the direction of one, by all accounts, good kid who has a weird reflex to stick his leg out and trip players.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Gilesfan - 04-25-2017 09:32 AM

You have a different opinion, thats fine. I don't remember any other kids having multiple incidents like this. I don't remember kids being as unapologetic about it. Hard fouls is a bit different than intentionally tripping someone. He's not playing the ball/turning into a hard foul. If Allen would have taken responsibility and Coach K would have had the balls to sit him a few games, it would have went away.

The weird reflex thing is an excuse and a joke. It's clearly intentional. Unless people think Draymond Green has a weird reflex thing as well.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - bit_9 - 04-25-2017 10:28 AM

There is now a new thread to continue your Duke/UNC smack : http://www.csnbbs.com/thread-816344.html

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - DaBigBlue - 04-25-2017 09:26 PM

Sorry to get back on track.

@VerbalCommits: 2019 Lakeland (FL) F Luke Anderson has received an offer from Old Dominion. @lukebuckets11 http://verbalcommits.com/players/luke-anderson

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - DaBigBlue - 04-25-2017 10:43 PM

@Phenom_Hoops: 6'9 2018 Robert Braswell (Blythewood (SC) / Team United) has now been offered by Old Dominion #Top80Alum https://twitter.com/Phenom_Hoops/status/856641453841424384/photo/1

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - DaBigBlue - 04-26-2017 08:22 AM

@BigShotsNation: @GRoadBBall/@cWAYbball 2018 6'8 Jimmy Nichols 1 of nations hottest prospects
Miami,Nebraska, CCU, Towson, ODU, Murray St offered last 24 hrs https://twitter.com/BigShotsNation/status/857210668117876737/photo/1

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - DaBigBlue - 04-27-2017 11:09 PM

@coreyevans_10: Old Dominion has offered 2019 NYC Jayhawks guard Kam Farris

He's a heady guard from Vermont. ODU first to offer.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - DaBigBlue - 05-07-2017 05:46 PM

@BillElleby: AAU Boys 2017 Addidas Tacoma 17U Rotary EYBL/Trojans Stars of Game 2018 Phillip Pepple 6'10 C Rotary 14pts Phillip has Old Dominion Offer.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - DaBigBlue - 05-12-2017 09:56 PM

Josh Roberts, a class of 2018, 6-8, PF playing for the Southern Stampede (GA), picked up an offer from Old Dominion. His recruitment has really been picking up.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - 757ODU - 05-14-2017 10:50 AM

Sorry for the back and forth on this one but Keenan Sarvan has been accepted into Bishop Sullivan. I know nothing about his skill level but would assume that this is a recruiting win for ODU.

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - Gilesfan - 05-14-2017 12:03 PM

Hes skilled and moves decent for a tall dude. Gonna have to pack on some muscle for sure. Hes different than the bigs we have had

RE: 2018 Old Dominion Basketball Recruiting Den - ODU BBALL - 05-14-2017 01:23 PM

(05-14-2017 12:03 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Hes skilled and moves decent for a tall dude. Gonna have to pack on some muscle for sure. Hes different than the bigs we have had

ODU has had skilled tall guys that could move in the past (Alex Laughton for example). Since I am not familiar with this guy, how is he different from any big guys ODU has had in the past?