CSNbbs
Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room (/thread-777951.html)

Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - Terry - 04-18-2016 08:16 AM

Part of The Glass Bowl renovation is the visitor's locker room.

Isn't it Iowa that has their visitor's locker room painted "pink"????

I wonder if the same "attention" is being given to our visitors.........

May I suggest lavender, or even mauve.....

We could have same 4 and 5 year old kids finger paint unicorns and daffodils on the walls........

Perhaps the athletic department could reach out to the Art Department and have some of the art majors do some "groovy" stuff..........

What are some other suggestions??????

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - Boca Rocket - 04-18-2016 08:56 AM

(04-18-2016 08:16 AM)Terry Wrote:  Part of The Glass Bowl renovation is the visitor's locker room.

We could have same 4 and 5 year old kids finger paint unicorns and daffodils on the walls........

Perhaps the athletic department could reach out to the Art Department and have some of the art majors do some "groovy" stuff..........

Make it nice. Let them remember the best part of their visit to the Glass Bowl was the nice locker room. Plus it sends out the message that UT is a first class operation.

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - DetroitRocket - 04-18-2016 09:04 AM

(04-18-2016 08:16 AM)Terry Wrote:  Part of The Glass Bowl renovation is the visitor's locker room.

There is a color that is close to pink that has been proven to cause sleepiness and relaxation when painted on the walls of a room. There were some teams that painted this color on visitors' locker rooms decades ago, but haven't heard anything about it lately.

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - Boca Rocket - 04-18-2016 09:44 AM

(04-18-2016 09:04 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

There is a color that is close to pink that has been proven to cause sleepiness and relaxation when painted on the walls of a room. There were some teams that painted this color on visitors' locker rooms decades ago, but haven't heard anything about it lately.

OK, put Pink Floyd's "Us and Them" on in the visitor locker room.

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - emanoh - 04-18-2016 11:26 AM

Interesting. Unless they plan on adding on, it's a really small space for visiting teams. From memory it's showers and small lockers. Not much room for a lounge. For the old timers wasn't the weight room in there at one time?

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - BDV27 - 04-18-2016 02:25 PM

(04-18-2016 11:26 AM)emanoh Wrote:  Interesting. Unless they plan on adding on, it's a really small space for visiting teams. From memory it's showers and small lockers. Not much room for a lounge. For the old timers wasn't the weight room in there at one time?

Yes, believe it or not, where was the current visitor locker room is now, was the football weight room until 1990 when they built the first Larimar. The visitor locker room prior to where it is now is in the exact same place, just on the west side.

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - RangerRocket - 04-18-2016 02:28 PM

Decoupage an over-sized copy of Charlotte's Web on the walls...

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - Terry - 04-18-2016 04:57 PM

(04-18-2016 02:28 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Decoupage an over-sized copy of Charlotte's Web on the walls...

03-thumbsup

this is defiantly a project the members of this board can have some fun with.... if the athletic department and facilities will let us....... 05-stirthepot

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - FMRocket - 04-18-2016 06:58 PM

(04-18-2016 04:57 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(04-18-2016 02:28 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  Decoupage an over-sized copy of Charlotte's Web on the walls...

03-thumbsup

this is defiantly a project the members of this board can have some fun with.... if the athletic department and facilities will let us....... 05-stirthepot

Having Barry Manilow music piped in should relax the visitors putting them in a slumber...05-stirthepot

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - Terry - 04-18-2016 07:10 PM

(04-18-2016 06:58 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  

03-thumbsup

Having Barry Manilow music piped in should relax the visitors putting them in a slumber...05-stirthepot

I like Barry Manilow.......03-thumbsup Saw him in Vegas. Best concert I've ever seen. (and the ladies show up........... 03-2thumbsup)

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - eastisbest - 04-18-2016 08:15 PM

03-lmfao He said "Decoupage."

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - FMRocket - 04-18-2016 09:16 PM

(04-18-2016 07:10 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(04-18-2016 06:58 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  

03-thumbsup

I like Barry Manilow.......03-thumbsup Saw him in Vegas. Best concert I've ever seen. (and the ladies show up........... 03-2thumbsup)

You just forfeited your man card for the evening Terry !! And the only ladies that show up are the old ladies !!03-lmfao

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - TampaRocket - 04-18-2016 10:12 PM

(04-18-2016 02:25 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  
(04-18-2016 11:26 AM)emanoh Wrote:  Interesting. Unless they plan on adding on, it's a really small space for visiting teams. From memory it's showers and small lockers. Not much room for a lounge. For the old timers wasn't the weight room in there at one time?

Yes, believe it or not, where was the current visitor locker room is now, was the football weight room until 1990 when they built the first Larimar. The visitor locker room prior to where it is now is in the exact same place, just on the west side.

Don't remind me...the dungeon, early morning lifts after a night at the Pig and Coach Mannie. That weight room was unreal...freaking old school to say the least.

RE: Glass Bowl Renovations: Visitor's Locker Room - letsgoblue - 04-19-2016 09:25 AM

(04-18-2016 10:12 PM)TampaRocket Wrote:  
(04-18-2016 02:25 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  

Don't remind me...the dungeon, early morning lifts after a night at the Pig and Coach Mannie. That weight room was unreal...freaking old school to say the least.

Go back a little bit earlier, and that area was also used on game days as our team meeting area before games and at halftime. 120 players, coaches, managers and trainers all crammed into that area.